“Round Hill - Fantastic Place!! A GREAT EXPERIENCE!!”

Round Hill Hotel & Villas
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hopewell
Reviewed 27 December 2009

My second time at Round Hill and even better than the first trip... 12 of us came for the week and jad the most enjoyable time!! I'll definitely be back! completely relaxing... I enjoyed a few massages (I highly recommend John!) but for the most part I let the stress of daily life melt away... this is a resort destination where you never have to leave the resort! Everything is at your fingertips! The laid back Jamaican lifestyle is something you will soak up as soon as you enter the resort! The grounds, staff and amenities are a treasure... Go, get in your swimsuit and hit the beach and let your mind drift!

You won't be disappointed!

See you at RH very soon!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,374)

Reviewed 19 December 2009

The property is actually a collection of villas and a beach front hotel. The grounds are very lush, well kept. I stayed in the beach house.
Everybody was friendly and attentive and knew me by name. I don't know how they do it.
The food was just fantastic. There was no pressure to order anything, plenty of advice.
The beach is clean, lots of shade, the water crystal clear. They had snorkeling gear available.
I would go back any day.

Stayed: July 2008, travelled solo
2  Thank TravelOnceMonthly
Reviewed 18 December 2009

It was great. Flew in on Sunday afternoon and had 3 great nights there. Had dinner there once, on Sunday night. Monday night we were at Houseboat restaurant and Tuesday we were at Marguerites. Two great spots for "off campus" dinners. Had lunch at RH 2 of the days, and then one day made it to a little place on the beach about 1/2 mile away. Had to take the taxi though. GREAT spot. Brkfst was always at the villa.

We absolutely loved RH. Magical is a good word to think of. We caught it just before high season and the place was maybe 25% full. I am a huge fan.

1  Thank tbrad
Reviewed 15 December 2009

Dear Cottage 9 & Round Hill,

This was our 6th villa stay and cottage 9 is one of our favorites. There were so many little secrets to discover and the layout is brilliant. The hideout is so peaceful and quite a pleasant treat.

The staff was very accommodating and friendly! The made to order breakfast every morning was a delight.

The themed dinner events every night offered a fresh selection of various cuisines. Dinning by candlelight on the beach with live Jamaican music was very special indeed!

Having a full-service Spa on property was very convenient, and our treatments were relaxing.

-Michael and Jay Voigt - Austin,TX

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank michaelvoigt
Reviewed 9 December 2009

Having just returned from Round Hill, I feel compelled to write about my experience at the property. I have extensively travelled the Caribbean & have to say this was the top experience. The backdrop was amazing (thank God for that), the treehouse (Cottage 20) full of uniqueness & the pleasantry of the staff unparalleled. They were truly remarkable & I firmly believe they are what distinguish Round Hill from other 4-5 star resorts. Many claim they have it but in reality, very few do, especially in the Caribbean. I can only try to imagine all the hard work that was involved in executing this given the # of people I was traveling with (100% occupancy). What was amazing is how seamless it appeared & how amazingly friendly all of Round Hill was. I can''t ever picture another property being able to do it.

1  Thank ghbarrett
Reviewed 24 November 2009

High end luxury yet extremely comfortable. Incredible service, staff dedicated towards pleasing you. Great food. Spectacular views. Lots of activities on-site, no need to leave the resort. We are repeat guests and will be back again next year.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2009

This is a bit belated but I have wanted to post a review. We stayed for a week at Summerland on Round Hill from May 24-May 31 to celebrate my 40th birthday (a week early) and our 10th anniversary. The trip from BWI direct to Montego Bay was easy with the small kids and then we were escorted through customs and to our waiting van with cool water. We were on the hotel grounds 25 minutes later and greeted by the lovely and friendly staff at Summerland Villa.

The staff at Villas by Linda Smith had put up three swings for our young daughters and facilitated our dietary requests, some key food shopping and stocking the bar. Chubby, the cook was adorable, sweet, polite and a fabulous cook. Chubby the butler was wonderful. The cleaning lady and rest of the staff were also like family. We had amazing meals each day that were fresh and tailored to our needs and tastes. For my daughter's 5th birthday, Chubby learned to make red velvet cake that was fantastic and the staff decorated the villa with streamers and ballons.

Our Round Hill nanny, Francine was fabulous and totally calm, competent and unfazed by our three girls ages 6, 5 and almost 2. She took them all to kids club, the beach, the pool, fed them, bathed them. I wanted to take her back to Washington with us. During the times we didn't have Francine, the hotel was extremely laid back and kid friendly. The beach is small but gentle with clear blue warm waters, the pool has a kiddie pool and friendly attendants. Every Round Hill staff person was so happy and helpful, we just adored our vacation. The hotel is beautiful, the bar area and spa are amazing. The grounds immaculate. It is not cheap, even in off season but having in house staff with a cook, bar and butler saves a lot of money in the restaurant.

We did go to the restaurant for the beach barbeque and again for dessert and drinks for the steel drum party. The food was good but not as good as Chubby's!

My husband and I long to go back and have checked dates next year but with two separate family events in Maine and London, we may have to postpone until 2011. My husband and I are in agreement we just can't go back to Round Hill without the kids or ever stay anywhere but Summerland since we adore the staff.

For anyone wanting a truly fantastic and stress free family vacation, Round Hill is unforgettable.

PS we left the property one day to do a canopy tour -- the bus that picked us up was packed with couples and a family from a huge hotel down the way. they were totally shocked and amazed at Round Hill and some even made some snide comments..."must be nice." It's really that beautiful!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank LulubelleT
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopewell
Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall

Been to Round Hill Hotel & Villas? Share your experiences!