What can I say! I have never sobbed when it was time to leave a holiday before.
Round Hill is truly a gem of a find (I almost don't want to shout about it on trip advisor, to keep it a secret :) )
My husband and I have travelled extensively, both with and without our children, always staying in 5+ star resorts. But this place stands out a mile. We were welcomed by the staff as if by family, our children were practically accepted as their own. (Many have staff have worked here 20+ years) All the fellow guests were like minded individuals and felt like guests at a party. We have honestly made friends for life.
The style is rustic and 50's charm, the beach is small and clean, the sea crystal clear and calm enough for a 3 year old to wade in, the food is good (no-one was ill) and they cater for fussy little eaters well, the service is impeccable but delivered with a genuine smile as if staff really believe you deserve the break. Stewart knocks up a mean cocktail by the shore, Althea delivers an excellent massage on the adults only spa lawn with the sound of the ocean to lull you, evening entertainment is of just the right amount and quality.
But for us the most important part was the childcare. There is a small (complimentary) staffed, airconditioned kids club, but most uniquely, a team of expert nannies on hand to take care of your little ones at a moment's notice. We hired the amazing Tricia for several hours each day so that we could spend time relaxing. She did exactly what the children wanted, tie-dying T-shirts, making collages, painting stones, being driven on a golf buggy around the resort on a 'safari' by Junior (we all fell in love with Junior), eating ice-cream in the shade, burying new friends in the sand. She was organised, no-nonsense and experienced, but always full of fun and smiles. The children adored her and we knew they were catered for completely despite one of our girls having Down's Syndrome.
If state-of-the-art facilities, stuffy staff and snooty guests are what you are looking for don't try Round Hill. If you want understated luxury, genuine smiles and laughter in a naturally stunning environment (plus quite a bit of celebrity guest spotting darling!) then give it a try.
WE WILL BE BACK. Thank you to Josef and his incredible team.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Round Hill Hotel and Villas is situated on a lush 110-acre peninsula just west of Montego Bay, Jamaica. Boasting a guest list of world leaders, cultural icons and Hollywood A-listers, this classic resort continues to attract a jet-set from around the world who enjoy timeless glamour and understated luxury along with pristine natural beaches and the inimitable Caribbean waters. Accommodations include 36 Ralph Lauren-designed oceanfront guest rooms, 90 luxurious villa rooms and suites or a selection of 27 private 2 - 6 bedroom Villas – most with private pools. Other highlights include open-air terrace dining and The Grill at Round Hill, award-winning family programs, an infinity pool, tennis courts, and an Elemis spa located in a beautifully-restored 18th century plantation house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Round Hill Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Round Hill Hotel And Villas
- Round Hill Resort
- Round Hill Jamaica
- Round Hill Hotel & Villas Jamaica/Montego Bay