Been to Jamaica many times, all great experiences. This one, sad to say was nothing to brag about. We did have a villa, it was pretty, 4bedrooms, a pool, 2 livingrooms, dining room, 4.5 bathrooms and a kitchen. Pool was dirty, bathrooms were outdated and had some animals scratching on the cieling,they fought alot, hopefully not rats but what else could they have been? Alot of water bugs (roaches) and huge ants and alot of mosquitos (bring alot of bug spray). Kitchen was okay alot of ants and flies. Rooms were nice, tv was awesome, great cable channels. A nice walk to the beach, maybe ten min. You can ask for a cart to come and get you and your party but just walk, it will be the most fun you have at this place. Resort, main pool was pretty but very small. Beach? what beach? Felt like I was swimming in a lake. Very small, not beautiful clear blue like the carribbean should be. And alot of plant life, seaweed etc. which makes it hard to swim cause beach is small and kinda shallow. Hard to find cocktails after 5pm, you gotta wait til dinner which is 730. Beach bars open 10am til 5pm. Very quiet, no tropical music playing. Only one restaurant, ala carte menu never changes, neither does lunch menu, both overpriced and very small portions. Food was okay, lunch meals were more enjoyable than dinner. Buffets, very expensive. We tried to eat out everynight for variety and decent price but taxis are very expensive, total ripoff. No night time activities, shows etc. Plan excursions in advance so you dont get rapped by taxi drivers, have shuttles get you. In closing, staff was friendly but couldnt wait to go home. This might have a been a great place in its hay day but really needs to move with the times. Not worth the money at all. Spending 10grand for 6ppl for only 4 days is ridiculous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Round Hill Hotel and Villas is situated on a lush 110-acre peninsula just west of Montego Bay, Jamaica. Boasting a guest list of world leaders, cultural icons and Hollywood A-listers, this classic resort continues to attract a jet-set from around the world who enjoy timeless glamour and understated luxury along with pristine natural beaches and the inimitable Caribbean waters. Accommodations include 36 Ralph Lauren-designed oceanfront guest rooms, 90 luxurious villa rooms and suites or a selection of 27 private 2 - 6 bedroom Villas – most with private pools. Other highlights include open-air terrace dining and The Grill at Round Hill, award-winning family programs, an infinity pool, tennis courts, and an Elemis spa located in a beautifully-restored 18th century plantation house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Round Hill Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Round Hill Hotel And Villas
- Round Hill Resort
- Round Hill Jamaica
- Round Hill Hotel & Villas Jamaica/Montego Bay