“Absolutely fantastic!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hopewell
london
“Absolutely fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2010

I recently went to Round Hill with my parents. It was amazing! The staff were always attentive, friendly and willing to help. For example I wanted to try Jerk so the chef made a jerk shrimp salad for me, which wasn't even on the menu, as I don't eat chicken. The food was incredible - breakfast cooked for us in our villa by Nadine, our housekeeper, involved juicy tropical fruit, banana and coconut pancakes, warm muffins and banana bread, eggs, bacon, guava jam and toast, and the traditional ackee and saltfish. Lunches were great also, I thoroughly recommend the caesar salad with shrimp, the lobster wrap and the escovitch snapper sandwich. The atmosphere was so warm and friendly - everybody greets you and you feel right at home. The themed nights were a real hit, especially the Jamaican night on friday which involved a delicious buffet full of caribbean fare - conch, escovitch fish, jerk chicken and sausage, festival etc - GORGEOUS desserts (you MUST try the coconut and banana cream pie!), and an exciting floor show that got the whole audience involved. Round Hill is really great, whether you want to just relax by the beach, enjoy complementry snorkelling, kayaking, hobie cat sailing and glass bottom boat tours, or explore off sight and see the vibrant montego bay market, climb Dunn's river falls, ride waste deep on horses in the caribbean sea, or sample local restaurants and cafes (the nearby Lobster Trapp is lovely).
You should really pay Round Hill a visit. I will certainly be returning!!!

Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank kc1994

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2010

I truly enjoyed Round Hill Hotel and Villas. The Hotel's Staff and Management were very friendly and attentive to their guests. The guestrooms were quite spacious and airy with unobstructed view of the ocean. With your rum punch, white sand beach, and the sunset-what else can anyone ask for? The rooms, as I am told have been redone not so long ago, and they were done with such sophistication and elegance that captures the beauty of Round Hill which is reflected all throughout the resort. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone that is looking to simply relax and disconnect from the busy lifestyle as, you will surely come home revitalized and appreciating what you just left behind in Jamaica.

2 Thank MelissaH_10
South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2010

We decided to take a short weekend trip to Jamaica and visit Round Hill in Montego Bay since we had heard so many great things about the resort. From the moment we arrived at the airport in Montego Bay and were greeted by our driver from Round Hill, the service was impeccable. The drive from the airport to the resort is very short, which is great! Upon arriving at Round Hill we were greeted by the staff with a warm reception and cold rum punch. The reception area is open and looks out into the crystal blue water, so relaxation overcomes you immediately. After we checking in we were escorted to our private Villa by Kingsley, who has been with Round Hill for many years and is well known by all of the returning guests, from what I've been told. We were given an overview of the resort and its amenities as well as an overview of our amazing Villa. The next three days at Round Hill were filled with dining at the signature restaurant, daily afternoon tea, scuba diving, spa, authentic Jamaican entertainment at night in the lounge area and we took an excursion to zip line. There were a lot of activities at the resort that we did not have time to enjoy so I look forward to going back. Overall it was an amazing trip and I can't wait to return to Round Hill!

Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank adgirl1024
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2010

I had the pleasure of staying in a villa at Round Hill in June. I have to say I had my reservations when deciding whether or not to go to Jamaica in general. Those thoughts disappeared the minute the vehicle pulled onto this spectacular property. There are really no words to describe the arrival experience at Round Hill. I felt as if I had arrived in a luxurious compound dropped into the rainforest. The landscape is meticulously groomed by friendly staff, the buildings are well maintained, this place oozes style.. Where do I start?? The small lobby area makes you feel as if you are visiting a friend’s vacation spot and not a resort. My villa was so private we questioned if other guests were staying adjacent to us for days. The in-villa staff was friendly and accommodating. The weather wasn’t always perfect, but the amazing activities (such as canopy tour) we participated in made up for it. We loved the 4pm tea time, live entertaiment and themed dinner nights, which had excellent food.
I can sum up my entire visit to Round Hill in the parting words of Claudine who assisted me during my departure. After ensuring that I had opportunities to relax, for adventure and for a memorable experience, she looked me warmly in the eyes and stated “Promise me you will be back.”
Round Hill, for your people alone, I will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank heyimjc
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2010

Stay here for a relaxing and serene experience - away from the hustle and bustle of town.
Beautiful accommodations, friendly service, beautiful views...

1 Thank Harvey077
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2010

I staying at Round Hill July 4th weekend for a wedding and absolutely loved the relaxed charm and the warm, thoughtful service.

The trip was my first visit to Jamaica, and now I can see why people have been coming to Round Hill for years. Absolutely beautiful property, loved the Ralph Lauren-inspired decor. The service was absolutely great. Warm, genuine and relaxed, and in talking with much of the staff, they have worked on property for years and know many of the guests by name.

I loved the spa - a beautiful old home restored to white-on-white serenity with ocean views. Not a full-service modern-type spa, but that made it perhaps even more charming. Elemis products are used, which is a great line and doesn't bother sensitive skin (which can be an issue with some product lines).

Don't miss the fresh fruit blended drinks from Stuart at the beach bar - they are delicious while lazing on the beach (and are deceptively strong! :))

1 Thank travelingPRgirl
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2010

Been to Jamaica many times, all great experiences. This one, sad to say was nothing to brag about. We did have a villa, it was pretty, 4bedrooms, a pool, 2 livingrooms, dining room, 4.5 bathrooms and a kitchen. Pool was dirty, bathrooms were outdated and had some animals scratching on the cieling,they fought alot, hopefully not rats but what else could they have been? Alot of water bugs (roaches) and huge ants and alot of mosquitos (bring alot of bug spray). Kitchen was okay alot of ants and flies. Rooms were nice, tv was awesome, great cable channels. A nice walk to the beach, maybe ten min. You can ask for a cart to come and get you and your party but just walk, it will be the most fun you have at this place. Resort, main pool was pretty but very small. Beach? what beach? Felt like I was swimming in a lake. Very small, not beautiful clear blue like the carribbean should be. And alot of plant life, seaweed etc. which makes it hard to swim cause beach is small and kinda shallow. Hard to find cocktails after 5pm, you gotta wait til dinner which is 730. Beach bars open 10am til 5pm. Very quiet, no tropical music playing. Only one restaurant, ala carte menu never changes, neither does lunch menu, both overpriced and very small portions. Food was okay, lunch meals were more enjoyable than dinner. Buffets, very expensive. We tried to eat out everynight for variety and decent price but taxis are very expensive, total ripoff. No night time activities, shows etc. Plan excursions in advance so you dont get rapped by taxi drivers, have shuttles get you. In closing, staff was friendly but couldnt wait to go home. This might have a been a great place in its hay day but really needs to move with the times. Not worth the money at all. Spending 10grand for 6ppl for only 4 days is ridiculous.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank nepthejew
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopewell
Jamaica Inn
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 61 in Montego Bay
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,175 reviews

Been to Round Hill Hotel & Villas? Share your experiences!