“If you are looking to live large!”

Round Hill Hotel & Villas
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hopewell
Reviewed 20 January 2011

Round Hill is the place to do it!
What a pleasure to go to a resort that enables you to not have to think!
Who could ask for more?
The place is a treasure, great food and drinks, an incredibly attentive staff, and massages that you pray will never end.
We have travelled to many Carribean destinations, this one stand out big time!
If you get a cottage, the ladies come and make you breakfast in the morning...that's living!
We love this place!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dkmannyc

Reviewed 13 January 2011

I was at the Round Hill hotel about 3 yrs ago with my wife( who was my girlfriend at the time.) We were in Jamaica to attend a friends wedding at another hotel. The Wedding was great but .. We hated the other hotel, it was loud with too many kids so we couldn't wait to get back to Round Hill. It's quiet..the rooms are AMAZING(the pineapple rooms) with great views.I think Ralph Lauren did the rooms! The food was wonderful..our favorite person there was KINGSLEY!! He's a Good Man to know! Also I'm not english..but I loved the 4:00 Tea times. If your looking for quiet time with the one you love, this is the place. It was an amazing Vacation..Try it you'll love it!

Reviewed 11 January 2011

OK, this is basically as good as it gets. I've stayed in some of the most highly rated hotels in the world and this is just as good as any of them. We stayed in 3 different cottages spread over December and each one of them was charming, comfortable, luxurious and unique.
It was the greatest service I have ever encountered!!!! Everyone there will do anything to please and it is all genuine and graceful. I was so impressed with the service I was at times speechless.
The beach is a perfect Island getaway beach and the pool is big enough for lapps and wide enough to just flop around in.
The finess center and spa is incredible, although the treatments are expensive, they are of the highest quality.
The food is good, not amazing, expensive, but very varied if you ask.
This place is on the whole expensive, but if you can splah out it is totally worth it. I would go back every year for sure. It is elegant to the highest degree and incredibly relaxing. I LOVE THIS PLACE and I miss it dearly.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank CURBYOURLARRYDAVID
Reviewed 14 December 2010

We would like to thank Round Hill for our amazing wedding weekend. There is simply no place like it. It was a weekend we will never forget and the memories will last for the rest of our lives. We had over 70 guests and there was not one complaint. Everything is first class, and there is no better staff in the world. Can't wait to come back for our first anniversary. Thank you.

Reviewed 13 December 2010

Round Hill is easy to get to from Montego Bay by taxi but too isolated to enjoy any of the local attractions. We were told it's also not safe to walk outside at night (out of the resort). Although we didn't want to go to "an all inclusive"--it ended up that that way except we paid extra for everything except breakfast. The grounds are beautiful, but the beach frontage is abbreviated with no surf and rocks and reef prevent long swims. If you like to take long walks on a beautiful white sand beachfront, Round Hill is not for you. The 5 tennis courts were okay, but there wasn't even ice available at the tennis hut. The spa is nicely located along the beach and we had good service. The lunch menu is excellent and half the dinners were good. There was a litle iive music during the weeknights, but it ended around 9:00 with nothing else to do. All in all, the hotel is far too limited and pricey for what it offers.

1  Thank whoopsy2447
Reviewed 30 November 2010

Getting married at Round Hill was a dream come true. The resort itself is a perfect blend of subdued luxury and history, while still upholding Jamaican culture. The staff was incredibly friendly and made me and my husband feel a sense of place, or belonging, right from the start. We were drawn to Round Hill as a wedding venue because of this non- commercial and “club” like feel. Our first “reconnaissance” stay on the premises provided absolute confirmation for this reputation. From a logistical perspective, the resort is an ideal size for a sub- 100 guest wedding. Our guests were effectively afforded the whole resort for three days without it feeling too small or cramped, or too large and disparate. Furthermore, the varying accommodations from smaller rooms in the Pineapple House to larger, more luxurious private cottages provided our guests a wide scale in cost options. Finally, the service, food, and proximity to an international airport truly improved the quality of our wedding experience

I have experience planning large corporate events in New York City and was immediately impressed with the events staff at Round Hill. Everything was organized, timely, and stress-free. Once we arrived in Jamaica, we immediately felt like we were on vacation, and we were treated like guests, not hosts. I am extremely detail-oriented, and there was never an issue for me to worry about. The Round Hill staff went above and beyond its call to make sure we were having the time of our lives, including hosting a cocktail hour for our guests and serving rum punch on arrival. We were thrilled with every part of the wedding, from the rehearsal dinner beach barbeque, and the passion fruit wedding cake, to the champagne and flower petals awaiting us in our private villa after the reception. Additionally, the external venders that the wedding planner (Rochelle Smith) recommended were excellent. The band, florist, and photographer exceeded our expectations and were on par with what I have seen at the most high-end Manhattan wedding.

I also never felt like I was limited to a “prix fixe” wedding package from the Round Hill wedding planner. Rochelle helped me plan our wedding from the start and never pressured me into any decision. She had great ideas, but was also open-minded to my suggestions. I felt like the wedding was “ours.” In the end, our wedding day was not just unforgettable; it was framed with opening and closing days of blissful paradise with our closest friends and family!

• Stayed: June 2010
2  Thank NYCtraveler2010XYZ12
Reviewed 27 November 2010

This hotel absolutely exceeded my expectations. Our villa was so beautiful with an outdoor living room that we didn't want to leave it but it is impossible to stay away from the beach with its two outdoor bars and a gorgeous infinity edge pool. The spa also has a private beach area and pool for adults only (a main reason for choosing this hotel as we typically do not stay at family friendly resorts) though we didn't have to make use of it. There were plenty of families and small children but it wasn't overwhelming and never felt crowded. We enjoyed the restaurant/room service and found the staff to be incredibly friendly and attentive. We can't wait to return.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopewell
Jamaica Inn
#2 of 64 in Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 64 in Montego Bay

Been to Round Hill Hotel & Villas? Share your experiences!