“Fab-u-lous”

and 1 more site!
The Old Bell Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Delph B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 December 2013

We stay in lots of hotels, but this is the only one that we have gone back to 3 times - and we will no doubt return again.

If you want a hotel near Manchester or near Saddleworth, do yourself a favour - stay here. It is very nice, very clean, very comfortable, very friendly, and the food is very good. Sorry if I've missed anything.

Room Tip: Just go there.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Booked to stay again at the Bell (my second visit) due to the excellent time I had here six months ago. I enjoyed this stay even more. Staff are great fun. Great selection of beers and I always enjoy the atmosphere here. Food was lovely - xmas dinner menu - fantastic value and high standard of service. I hope to be placed here again in the future! I really enjoy my visits here! the best place outside of Yorkshire!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed overnight for a family event the toom was clean and comfortable. A group of 11 of us also enjoyed dinner in the hotel. I couldnt fault it, the staff were friendly and attentive, there seemed to be a number of locals dining and there was a nice ambiance. The breakfast was excellent and set us up for the day!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

I booked the Old Bell based on the reviews from Trip Advisor. I used to visit this pub years ago when I lived in Oldham and what a transformation. I had booked the hotel for my family because we needed to be home for personal reasons. On arrival we were made welcome by the friendly staff and after settling into the rooms, of which were of a high standard, we went to the bar lounge for a late meal. Although it was nearly time for the kitchen to close there were no complaints when we ordered the meals, these were of good standard and made to order.

The breakfast next morning could only be described as wonderful and could easily match some higher class hotels for quality, once again the staff were friendly and courteous. A pleasant stay and highly recommended.

Stayed: December 2013
theoldbellinn, Manager at The Old Bell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Saddleworth.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Stayed there last weekend whist attending a wedding nearby. Staff were so friendly and accommodating. Food for dinner and breakfast was excellent. Having stayed in many 5 star hotels all over the world - I was so pleasantly surprised at the level of service here, nothing was too much trouble. Would definitely recommend. And a point of note if you happen to be a smoker (which I am!) they have gone out of their way to stop you feeling like a pariah - by providing a little terrace outside the Conservatory Lounge upstairs..Well Done!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DLord

We’re so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your great comments.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We have stayed at The Old Bell regularly for a few days per year since 2005. We have always found the staff to be genuinely and sincerely friendly and interested and receptive. Such personal warmth may be a "northern" cliche, but it is borne out by actions and attititudes from all members of staff. Friendly is as friendly does - I subscribe to that motto - and declare that that is what a resident of however short/long a stay will happily experience.

Breakfast is generous, and cooked fare is served truly fresh and hot.

The rooms we have stayed in have been delightsome. In fact, after all our many stays, we have never yet needed to switch on the television in any room given us.

A good stay is what you should expect.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
theoldbellinn, Manager at The Old Bell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for returning to The Old Bell Inn each year. We’re pleased we continue to meet your expectations and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I have just spent 8 nights at this lovely 'Olde' Hotel/Restaurant whilst visiting from Australia. The atmosphere is cosy & inviting and the Staff friendly & professional. My room was clean & bright with a lovely decor and the inclusive breakfast was FANTASTIC. Evening meals can be eaten in the cosy Pub setting or the more formal Restaurant dining room. The food produced by Chef Mark and his team was varied, tasty and FAULTLESS....... I will definitely be staying here again next time I visit the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again VERY soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Delph
The Gate Inn
The White Hart Inn at Lydgate
Grains Bar Hotel
Grains Bar Hotel
#3 of 8 in Oldham

Been to The Old Bell Inn? Share your experiences!