Saddleworth Hotel
US$84
US$248
US$238
Very Good 4/5
Premier Inn Rochdale Hotel(Rochdale)(Great Value!)
US$91
Priceline
The Broadoak Hotel(Ashton-under-Lyne)
US$133
Very Good 4/5
The Olive Branch Inn(Marsden)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$86
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Oldham(Oldham)(Great Value!)
US$48
Travelodge
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsrolls roycewedding venuestunning venuedaughters weddingevening receptiondance floorcame roundthese guysbeautiful weddingafternoon teastaff were amazingwedding receptiongetting readypool tableowners and staffcouldn't do enoughmain meal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Just spent 2 nights at the Saddleworth while on business. Midweek the must be quiet compared to when they host weddings which is frequently. The hotel itself has been finished to very high standards using real stone, ceramics & natural woods.The room was very plush & comfortable It had a decent coffee maker a nice TV & strong wifi which was free to use & with good speeds. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept on with high quality bedding. The hotel called me in the morning before my arrival to ask if I wanted dinner that evening & immediately on arrival I was made to feel extremely welcome & nothing was too much trouble. This is very much a family business with 3 generations present that I could see. Don't get the wrong idea, it is very professional & slick, but nice that you feel welcomed by the owners & indeed to chat to them. I stay in many corporate hotels & this made a lovely change in that it felt like a home from home, albeit a very luxurious home! Anthony, the head of the family was charming & helpful with local knowledge. I would thoroughly recommend the hotel to anyone whether it is for business, a family break or a couples get away. It is obviously a thriving business with good investment & they have more plans to increase the facilities. I will never stay anywhere else if I am in the Manchester area. To stay up on the beautiful moors is great & it doesn't take that long to get into any part of Manchester (depending on the traffic of course).

Room Tip: The hotel is right on the road. I stayed on the side of the hotel on the road but did not get disturbed by traffic as there is very substantial glazing which kept the noise at bay. I would think that in summer a room further from the road might be preferable but only if you wanted the window open.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Fantastic looking hotel, breathtaking surroundings, the wedding reception we attended was fantastic, food was lovely, however, the room.... The bed was 4/5th of the room, was very basic and small and for the price we paid I would have expected better.... Walls are very thin meaning you can hear everything going on in the adjacent rooms and I mean everything....

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Vidal71
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We had our wedding at The Saddleworth yesterday (28th September 2013) and everything went perfectly.

The team were attentive throughout the 12 month planning and the day went exactly as promised. They really are experts at what they do and I am very particular and organised!

The food was what you would expect in a top quality restaurant sat at a table for 2, so the fact they can do that for 100 people is amazing. Fireworks, the cars, the service....all 5 star.

Thank you to Anthony, Scott, Jake and John for all your help and we will be sure to come back soon for dinner.

Melanie & David.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 354DAVID
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Let me start this review by stating that the hotel itself, the grounds and the view were stunning. We attended a wedding at the Saddleworth Hotel during glorious weather and we were really excited as it looked like the £200 we spent for the night was going to be money well spent.

Unfortunately, the hotel gets so many of the basics wrong it turned out to be a very bad decision.

Firstly, the staff, Many people have already written about the staff and I regret to confirm that they are correct. The staff just had a basic lack of care - I'm not talking about going the extra mile or anything like that, just the basic courtesy that I get in Holiday Inn's would have been good. I have to say though that we found the owner okay - perhap we were just his sort of people but we found him to be relatively friendly.

Secondly, the room. It was well presented and clean, and opulently furnished with good quality fabrics and plush cusions. It was little odd in places - it had no bath for example, and the second room was sparsly furnished with just a sofa bed in it - but generally it was okay.
The second room had a flat screen tv that was literally 8 feet high on the wall, and the main room had a tv as well, but both were pointless as there was no tv signal to speak of.
It was the bathroom though that was just awful. With no mains water, the hotel has to source it from somewhere else and the only place I could think this from was an old rusty bath. The water had such a strong smell of metal and rust that I didn't feel clean the during the whole stay, and for about 2 days after. The rusty, or "iron rich" water was also responsible for the large brown stains in the toilet (I was a little relieved this was the reason!), basin and shower. The shower also had a push button, just as youd get at the local swimming baths.
The main room had a remote controlled operated velux window, but there were no instructions so you couldn't open it or close the built in blind without help from the staff.

Finally, the breakfast. This wasn't terrible quality it was just a complete lack of choice. They had run out of the cooked option - bacon cobs - by the time we got there, so had to settle for a few cereals or toast.

So overall we did not enjoy our stay - and although the wedding was lovely, we wish we'd stayed in nearby Oldham where there is a better selection of hotels, and is only a short taxi ride away.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank I7535OKandrewm
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I stayed at the Saddleworth hotel at the August bank holiday weekend after my partner and I attended our good friends wedding there. I would like to start by saying, the wedding was fantastic! The grounds, rooms, decoration, food were all great! However, when I arrived at the hotel and was taken to my room by the polite receptionist, I noticed my room had clearly not been cleaned. I would like to point out that I have never written a bad review on here, and would never want to, but paying £170 for a dirty room is unacceptable for me. The carpet was stained and covered in bits, wrappers, hairs etc. the toilet hadn't seen any bleach fir a good few weeks, the most shocking was the cobwebs around the window which the owner actually grabbed when I pointed them out to him! Now if the room was cleaned and I was apologised to I would have been more than happy, I wasn't exactly impressed there was no bath or mini bar but I could cope without! The owner and his son were the 2 that completely ruined my stay and are the reason I would never visit this hotel again or recommend anyone else to! The owner told me he did me a favour by even letting me in that bedroom! Check in wasn't until, 2pm and we were allowed in at 12pm (wedding started at2pm my partner was an usher) so the room was in an uncleaned state due to that! Just not good enough for the money unfortunately, the owner and I then had quite a lengthy disagreement where he explained to me, he had paid £600 for rooms no where near as nice as that room, extremely unlikely! Still no apology.Then my partner was taken to one side by the son of the owner who warned him, 'if myself or any of my members of staff hear her mention the room being unclean again we will remove you from the hotel immediately , but will you also ask her not to write a bad review on trip advisor!!!'. If the room was simply clean, no complaint would of had to be made, nobody else would of overheard that complaint, and trip advisor would of been getting a great review! The owner was one of the rudest men I have ever met and after the money he will of made out of my friends that weekend I think the least he could of done was clean the rooms!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple