the beach is nice. lots of sand, lots of people. it lacks a certain charm that other beaches in the area have. Still, I cant wait to go back and snorkel it alot more thoroughly.
I was dissapointed that the bar at the pool wouldnt serve me and my girl unless who showed I.D's. I know its the law and all that but they were not carding the fat gray haired old people laying around everywhere. If they have room charge priviledges, they should have the persons age written down...or something other than making me walk all wet and sandy all the way to my room which is on the far far side of the hotel. Plus the hours of the poolside bar were atrocious. Everything in this place stops @ about 5pm and last call for drinks is at like 8 or 9. I mean, is this a resort or a old folks home. because it felt more like a reitrement home at time. the breakfast and dinner are very overpriced for what they are. I think $50 a person for breakfast buffet, and the buffet is like, 1 4x8 table of waffles n cereal. i've been to a motel 6 with better breakfast for free. they have these nice wicker chairs everywhere in their atrium, but, the one I chose had a bee's nest inside of it. i bought some cereal and milk from their little store. $8 for 1 8 oz milk and 1 mini cereal. its not that it cost alot, its that its straight price gouging in every way possible. im ok with paying 300 per night, but why do you need to make an extra $200 a day off me just to live and breath your air. its not that I didnt have the money, its just offensive to pile up the costs like that. there are no ice machines in this hotel. you have to have them send you up ice with a maid which may take some time and prolly cost you another tip. the valet stops working at about 9, so, valet is pointless at this hotel, you have to fetch your own car from the valet parking lot and they still charge you valet costs. this hotel would be awesome if they refocused it towards a younger crowd, and made it way more accomodating, like all inclusive would be great, and stop ripping me off gently on every single possible thing. i could go on and on, it all had such potential but the basic policy and functionality of the hotel really =really= brought it down. ill still go back ill just do it different. to anyone going, ask to be as close to the beach entrance as possible, ask for extra guava juice, they have a refridgerator in the room so come prepared. oh, my lanai had all these dont smoke signs and then a giant cigar burn on the table. i was confused, so i smoked my blunts down on the beach, with the 1000's of crazy sand crabs. circular cup stains on the bedside tables, bathtub floor looked scary. i kept my flip flops on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel is undergoing an exciting renovation and will emerge Spring 2018 as The Westin Hapuna Beach Resort. Public areas, new dining concepts and many of the guest rooms will be complete by mid-February 2018, with some rooms and public areas, including some new dining, complete mid-December 2017. The hotel is operational although services are limited at this time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Starwood, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prince Hotel Kamuela
- Prince Hotel Hapuna Beach
- Prince Hotel Island Of Hawaii
- Hapuna Prince Hotel
- Hapuna Beach Hotel
- Island Of Hawaii Prince Hotel