“Excellent value for money”
Review of Kingstown Hotel

Kingstown Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hedon
“Excellent value for money”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I wasn't expecting much to be honest and you shouldn't for £44 a night. This is much better than Travelodge standard. The room was huge with a big double bed, sofa and armchairs. The bathroom was good with a powerful shower. It's slightly basic but very clean with friendly staff. The car park is right outside your room and the pub offers basic food and a decent bar range. For £44 this is great value.

Room Tip: Try and avoid a car park facing room as the road can be heard just about
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Lancashire
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Because it's inedible ding food at its worst.
I knew it was going to be bad as I entered the restaurant past the tastefully arranged rows of slot machines to be confronted by 'Instructions on how to use this restaurant'. The staff were pleasant enough , but they had been trained to tell us that if we had even the tiniest itsy-bitsy little complainette about the food we ordered that they would magnanimously change the food for anything (yes - anything!) else on the menu. i.e. NO REFUNDS.
Frankly I would rather have eaten my own leg than another dish prepared by the hand that had assembled my steak and ale pie with mashed potato and peas. It was inedible and although I've never knowingly eaten dog food I would say that the filling in the pie is as close as I've ever been to it.
The ornately shaped yet industrially uniform brown, wrinkled crust of said pie reminded me of the skin of those people you see on holiday - who went on holiday to Paxos in 1974 and never came back home - maybe the result of blast-freezing the freshly manufactured pie before the pastry could settle and then banging it into the microwave/grill before serving. It looked as if it had been petrified.
It had been a long time since the splat of 'mashed potato' on my plate had been a potato, if indeed it ever had been. To cap it all they'd managed to UNDERCOOK the peas, a feat achieved only by fully paid-up members of the "couldn't give a monkey's" brigade.
Why oh why do places like this exist? Is this what people want?
Oh well, I suppose Farmfoods exists so maybe they do. Why not listen to what Jamie Oliver has to say if you want to eat on a budget?
Anyway - I blame my Mother-in-Law. She insisted on going to this place. I'll be more firm with her next time.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank LancashireReporter

Travellers are raving about these Hedon hotels

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed st the Kingstown Hotel on the 31/9/13 for a night.Its was a very enjoyable stay everything from room to food and drink was excellent and would not hesitate to recommend you and we will be stopping there again thank you to all concerend you deserve the thanks.

• Stayed August 2013
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I have stayed in the hotel for 10 weeks whilst working nearby and I am very pleased with the room facilities, staff and food. I have stayed at many hotels around the country and I can safely say the Kingstown has exceeded expectations. Staff are very hardworking and efficient but more importantly for me, were friendly and made me feel at home.
Best things are:
Massive beds, Free wifi, freeview channels on TV, great food, very clean rooms, friendly staff and great beer on tap.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank HeatherPaul32
GoodNightInns, Guest Relations Manager at Kingstown Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Dear HeatherPaul32,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review, we are pleased to hear that over such a long stay everything was able to meet your needs, we will be sharing your kind words with our management team.

Regards
Good Night Inns
Thorngumbald
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Went for husbands birthday ordered ten past six said 30 min wait starter came out at twenty five past six then at seven my son s meal came out then at twenty past seven went to see we're rest of meal s were said kids meals are a starter err no I ordered a starter it never came with that !!! Then said you only ordered twenty mins ago do took receipt to show ordered at ten past six funny two orher kids meals were ordered before mind with other family party came out twenty mins after my sons then our meals arrived twenty five to eight my daughters gammon was freezing so sent it back another 15 mins her meal came out but we had eaten so sat and ate on her own then we have to leave as kids have to be out by eight ??? So bad experience and when you speak to the under manager you just get fobbed off the grills down , the kids meals are starters , the meals was not ordered that long ago ect no apologies just fobbed off while the other bar man is complaining its yo busy and wants to get off early SORT IT
OUT no quibble my @rse!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Kingston upon Hull, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2013

great food at good prices always arrives hot and is always delicious the staff are friendly and has lots of things for kids to do couldnt comment on the hotel as ive never stayed but the food is always of a good quality and the service is great

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
St Austell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I stayed while on business for 5 nights B&B but also ate in the hotel every night too. The rooms were very good value spacious and well equipped. They were clean and and well decorated. The breakfast was a bit limited with coffee from a sachet and hot water from a flask and they did not have everything available every morning, ran out of fruit one day.
The evening meals were good value, standard fayre but no complaints. Staff very good service and friendly
Overall very good value for money and I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
GoodNightInns, Guest Relations Manager at Kingstown Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Dear Yokel220,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Regards
Good Night Inns
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hedon
Trinity Hotel
#10 of 18 in Kingston-upon-Hull
Village Hotel Club Hull
Village Hotel Club Hull
#3 of 18 in Kingston-upon-Hull

Been to Kingstown Hotel? Share your experiences!