“Won't be going back”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hedon
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Won't be going back”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My husband and I went to Kingstown on a Sunday 6pm. the pub was quite busy but not packed, however, all of the tables were dirty with plates of food left on them.

The menu itself is very difficult to understand, there are 2 for 310, pair up and others which don't make any sense. My husband chose the steak and I the burger and chips. The meals came to £17.99 which I was quite surprised at because of the 2 for £10 neon sign outside ! However I don't mind paying for good quality food.

this didn't happen unfortunately, my husband's steak was nice, although he got about 4 chips and 2 onion rings with it. My burger was dry with a slither of lettuce on it, 5 chips and no salad. the plate was half empty which for £7.99 was not good enough.

I left my burger as it tasted awful. While we were eating there was 2 members of staff (managers I think) sat charging their phones up, not sorting out tidying the room or asking how our meals were.

We left and walked past the 2 members of staff who didn't acknowledge us or ask why we were leaving so soon.

We only went as we were passing but really wish we had driven straight past to the next pub down who we know serve lovely reasonable priced food with friendly staff

I don't normally moan or put anything negative but that's how it made me feel. I hope it was a one off but I for one won't be going back to find out

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rachel a

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Our 1st visit with friends food not to bad pub grub nothing special 2 nd visit well I can only say pub food at its worst had to complain I had fish that was grey and a bad smell was told that was how it always was well not for me my husbands pie was only warm and soggy not good

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lesley W

Travellers are raving about these Hedon hotels

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel and had a meal in the restaurant. Room was comfortable and meal was good value - steaks very tasty!
We stayed on a Sunday night and the room price was great value. The room was basic but clean. This is not a £300 a night Hilton folks so don't expect it to be.
The staff were courteous, efficient and friendly.
We ate at 8pm and did hear staff inform a group that children could not be served in the restaurant after this time. Not sure if this is a licensing issue but it was unusual especially in this economic climate!
Overall though the hotel was handy for where we needed to be, the bed comfortable and the food hot and tasty! So ticked our boxes at a good price.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2013

New management badly needed, oh and a cook who knows how long to boil a pea for and the timings required for the microwave so that the so called food is warm enough. You would be better setting light to your ten quid note to brighten the place up.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Sandy D
Hull
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Five members and three generation of our family went for lunch.
We waited 45 mins for the food, no one came out and apologised or gave reason for the delay, they certainty weren't busy.
When the food did come half of my son's BBQ bucket food was missing, I pointed this out to the waitress who returned with the missing food, it was so burnt it was not edible, again no apology or reason for the incomplete order.
Save your time and money and give this place a wide berth.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank claccer
HULL
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Good clean venue
Large dining area , plenty of choice of both food and drinks.
A good atmosphere and pleasant staff.
And, there's a Whacky Warehouse to entertain the Kids... Good safe environment for children and nice seating area for Parents. Good choice of drinks and plenty of activities for the children.
All-in-all, well worth the visit

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
bradford
Reviewed 27 October 2013

A family group of 6 adults and 3 children arrived at the Kingston hotel at approximately 10 past 8, found a table, settled down and made their choices and then queued to place their order. At 20 past 8, having reached the front of the queue, we were asked if we had children with us as kids meals could not be ordered after 8 O`clock! "Family friendly", thank goodness for McDonald's!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank blindasabat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hedon
Trinity Hotel
#10 of 18 in Kingston-upon-Hull
Village Hotel Club Hull
Village Hotel Club Hull
#3 of 18 in Kingston-upon-Hull

Been to Kingstown Hotel? Share your experiences!