“Great place to stay in Samui!”
Review of Ban Sua Samui

Ban Sua Samui
Ranked #12 of 83 Speciality Lodging in Maret
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed 5 nights in Palm heights apartment and it was superb! The location, the atmosphere, hospitality, the amenities everything was on the best level. The terrace has the stanning view of the sea so you can enjoy it during all the stay. Klaus is a very good host, ready to help, to answer all your questions. He emailed us all the necessary info regarding the booking before our trip so we felt secure and sure that the appt. will be ready and everything will be settled. Nearby you can find great Thai food restaurants, local markets and beautiful beaches. I would recommend to rent a motorbike, this will insure your independence as it is the best way to travel around the island. if you are afraid to drive you may also choose a local bus which is cheaper than the taxi. You can catch it just on the street but be sure you ask for the final price before you go as the driver may triple the payable amount in case you don't :) Samui island is worth visiting and Ban Sua is a great place to stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Just had my second stay at Ban Sua . I chose the Long Life room again for its nice private terrace and panoramic views .
I also brought some friends with me this time and they stayed in the Rocks room the first night . But we opted for an upgrade for them as the Rocks room is a bit small for two eole and lacks cooking facilities . So Klaus moved them to the highest big apartment , and that was wonderful with even better views than my room ! PLUS a huge rooftop terrace .
Once again the staff were lovely and friendly . And once again I was adopted by the hotel dog who would sleep on my terrace and greet me with a wagging tail every morning . And for people who like dogs , it is nice to have a temporary pet when travelling .
My friends hired some scooters , automatics , and they ran well and there were no problems. The staff supplied helmets . I recommend wearing the helmets because within 10 minutes they encountered a police checkpoint and dozens of people were getting booked for not wearing helmets .
Nice little local beach about 300mts away , usually with only 0-3 people on it ! Nice little cafe on the beach .
I myself opted for an AVIS rent a car and even though it was a little Yaris , it handled the steep access road with ease . You kinda do need transort as the main towns of Chaweng and Lamai are about 4km away . I found having a car this time was very handy . Ban Sua have cars to rent also that are cheaper than AVIS . I chose AVIS cos it was my first time driving in Asia and I wanted 100% insurance cover for peace of mind . In hindsight , it is safe to drive if you take it easy and keep an eye on crazy tourists on scooters .
All in all , a very pleasant place that gets a lot of repeat guests .
Thank you Klaus and staff at Ban Sua ..... and Dog .

Room Tip: The Rocks room is more for those on a tight budget , better to go for the bigger rooms / apartments...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We stayed at Ban Sua for 4 weeks and had a great experience. We are very regular to Thailand and have been to loads of countries around the world staying at some top class hotels so we normally expect a lot. At Ban Sua we were not disappointed in the least.
The place is run in a very professional yet friendly manner and still manages to keep very relaxed home-like atmosphere. It has some great settings with stunning views of the beautiful tropical Samui. The villa itself was comfortable and the facilities very convenient. We especially loved the small kitchenette which is an extremely useful addition that most hotels lack. The resort is located close to the airport, short distance from Chaweng and Lamai beaches.
It is an exceptional value for money. We enjoyed our stay so much that in fact we already booked another one month break there. I think this speaks for itself. I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2013

This was my first stay in Thailand, well in all of Asia and it was a great way to start off my adventures. Klaus answered all of my questions over email before I arrived, so I felt very secure. They picked me up from the airport on the island and then Klaus showed me around the resort. The main receptionist lady was also very helpfull, and she spoke English very well. The gardens and pools are charming with great views. My balcony felt nice and secluded. I stayed in the bungalo furthest towards the water. The road up the mountain is a great nature walk and the quick walk down to the beach was easy. I really liked this Coral Cove beach as there (obviously) is some coral and cool fish to see if you put on goggles, which doesn't really exist anywhere else on the island. The beach is also not busy at all, with a great restaurant right on the beach. The room was perfect, fridge, AC, clean, hot shower, a safe, fans, etc. So I recommend staying here for sure, plus it is a quick taxi to Lamai or Chaweng if you need something specific or want the really busy areas.

Room Tip: I had the room closest to the water (furthest down) I believe and it was nice because the balcony wa...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights in total! The apartment was stunning and the hospitality was second to none. The manager welcomed us on our arrival and was extremly helpful with recommendations about what to do on our stay! The appartment is located about 15 minutes from Chaweng but it is very easy to get taxis. There is also a few very good restaurants close by, e.g. The cliff and Dr Frogs! The hill up to the apartment is very steep but only short. The accomodation offers breakfast brought to your room as well as having two beautiful pools and lounging areas! This is great value for money and would recommend to anyone who wants a tranquil and relaxing stay in koh samui!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lwilson1990
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed in the viewpoint room for 5nigts whilst in Samui. Ban Sua is a fantastic setting, with the most amazing views, probably the best we seen in thailand after travelling for 30days. 2 great infinity pools which you can just look into the sea and forget about the land between you. Food options are slightly limited but we didn't mind traveling out and about exploring samui anyway. Shuttle service offered to either chaweng or lamai. Good workout walking up the hill but worth it for the views.

Would recomend this hotel to anyone who wants an amazing time in Samui. Many thanks to Klaus for your communication through booking, for the great hospitality and for offering this amazing place at such a reasonable price.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This is an amazing place, the vieuws, the rooms, the care!
When I booked I made a mistake on our arrival date by a whole month!
Thanks to the personel care of Klaus( the owner) we were able to re-book, but sadly only for two days.
O, I wished it were more!
Forget all those so called 3-4-5* resorts who overcharge, go to Ban Sua, you will not regret it!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple