"Lazy Day" Samui
3D2N Garden View bungalow
Location: It is situated on the rocky part of Lamai beach so you get a beautiful view (it really is very gorgeous), you can only do some strolling on the beach but can not swim in the ocean. It is walking distance to Hin Ta Hin Yai and a couple of good Thai seafood restaurants: Sabiang Lay and Krua Chao Bann
The pool: It is small but located right by the ocean so you can get a relaxing dip and sun bathing. I like the showers, changing room and WC that is easily accessible and always clean.
Breakfast: Served from 7.00 am - 10.30 am you get the basics - cereal, coffee/ tea, fruits, juice, eggs of your choice, ham, sausage etc. The view is quite gorgeous in the morning. If you have an early island trip, tell them the evening before and they will make a sandwich for you to take on the road. Definitely a plus :)
The Bar: The price is not too bad ~ 120 THB/ bottle or glass . I recommend the margaritas!
Rooms: The rooms are clean, on the small side but it does not lack anything. Overall well designed: the bathroom showers are great, water is hot, enough space for 2 people's luggage for 4 days vacay, the bed is *very* comfortable.
Service: The staff are mostly non local and non Thai so, for me, it lacked that special Thai touch that I've taken for granted.
(1) We did not get any help with the luggages which was tricky because there is no real path way but stones lined up for us to step on. Lucky we traveled relatively light.
(2) The hotel is quite small so the system for managing guests and records are quite poor. I usually rely on the personal hospitality of the staff to compensate for lack of good systems.... I feel that I did not get that here with the exception of a couple of the staff members.
Things to note:
(1) There are only 2 parking spaces, if you plan to rent a car or are driving to Samui this will be a problem. Most of the time the spaces are already taken which means cars could not even come down to drop off or pick up people at the lobby because there was no space for a u-turn.
(2) Not wheel chair friendly
(3) Free wi-fi through out but unstable connection
In summary, I think it is a fine small hotel that really nailed down the design given the small space but still needs that special touch of hospitality and care. Though there is nothing particularly wrong with it and since we got a great 58% off deal I am quite happy, but without the price cut I would probably try somewhere else next time I visit Samui because I know there are many options we can try out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lazy Days Samui Beach Resort is a stunning small boutique hotel situated in Lamai and 5 minutes drive from Hin ta Hin Yai. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, TravelUp and Odigeo so you can book your Lazy Day's Samui Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lazy Day's Samui Beach Resort Ko Samui, Thailand