“A Lovely Place to Stay”

Lazy Day's Samui Beach Resort
Ranked #14 of 77 Maret B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We stayed a total of 10 nights in Lazy Days, it was lovely! A quiet small resort with excellent service and attention to detail, rooms were kept spotlessly clean and tidied every day, the bungalows were snug and really cute to look at! The beach isn't the best in Lamai but you can easily access the main beach, it's about a 20 minute walk which takes you through the main town and down to the beach, the route is well lit and seemed safe enough! The pool was lovely and you could always get a sun bed throughout the day! The grounds were spotlessly maintained! If you are looking for a quiet place to relax just outside of the hustle and bustle this place is perfect! We would most definitely return!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JemmaEssex

Reviewed 13 February 2013

We booked the resort the last day before leaving for Thailand cz the hotels we had messed up our initial bookings. We stayed there for 3 days right at the beginning of 2013 and didnt't know what to expect but it turned out to be just what we wanted..a small, peaceful and cosy beach resort with free internet and away from the hustle and bustle of chaweng beach. The staff service was good too and we got one complimentary thai massage too. I would love to come back here.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank Talhaaa
Reviewed 18 January 2013

When we arrived at the resort, it was just what we expected from the pictures and review we had seen. We took a sea front room which was a great choice as it was really private with a beautiful view of the sea. The only downside is the beach we are on has a lot of rocks so we can't really go swimming - but there was a pool, so it made up for it. The staff were ok but totally useless when asking directions to get to the hotel. They are filipinos and not thai which is a little weird as we would expect Thai staff at a Thai resort. The only thing that really bothered us were the small flies on our private balcony and in the bedroom. Just couldn't get rid of them. Not the resort's fault as they cannot control nature but at least inside the room, there should have been little to none of these flies if they had sprayed the room with something. If it weren't for these flies, it would have been perfect. It is a cute little resort which I would return to and recommend.

Hotel Feature Tip: Happy Hour from 4-6pm.

Room Tip: Beachfront Bungalow! Only 3 of them, reserve in advance!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank bbrizon
Reviewed 6 January 2013

My title says it all. Overall the pictures and reviews are a true representation of what this cosy and relaxed resort is all about. The staff are all smiles and always willing to help (a special mention goes out to Joy at the reception who was great with everything and the Thai cocktail king who makes the best Banana Coladas I've ever tasted)! The two Thai ladies in the kitchen cooked up a Thai feast every time we ate there with fresh prawns and other produce. It is quiet and tucked away out of the hustle and bustle of Chaweng and only cost 100 Baht to get a pick up truck in to Chaweng and even cheaper if you wanted to see Lamai.

Room Tip: We stayed in the garden bungalows, which were quieter as the beach front ones are right next to the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank JLB222
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I said we were going to be back in 2012 and we were!! 14 of us in the end and all stayed at least a week. I had initial fears that with so many people and probably different expectations that there would be at least one or two issues but if there were, I heard nothing.

I had thought that requiring 7 bungalows to shelter us all and coming in and going out on different days would make it hard to group us all together but they did and it appeared that they did so without any difficulty and that’s the part I like.

As this is my second stay in 2 years I do know the staff but Carmen and her band actually do make you feel that you are part of their family and as other reviewers have stated leaving Lazy Days at the end of your holiday isn’t easy.

I wouldn’t stay anywhere else on Koh Samui, this relaxed comfortable little hideaway is what makes the long cold winters here bearable.

Thanks Lazy Days for sharing with me making my 60th memorable.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank LytteltonCuddles
Reviewed 28 October 2012

If you're looking for a secluded hideaway without all the beachwalkers etc. this might be your place!
Located on a rather isolated spot of Lamai Beach, the little beach in front of the Restaurant and Pool is cornered by big stones so you're really on your own. The resort itself is accessed from the Main road but as it is 50 meters away, you won't hear a thing from the traffic.
All public areas (reception, restaurant / café-bar, pool-area) are designed very open and airy, built of polished concrete and wood. A modern but warm look without the thaistyle-overkill that you have in some others resorts. However, I'm not sure why they call it carribean style ;-)
The 26 bungalows are placed in a very accurately maintained garden area, again built of polished concrete and stone and wood. The announced 28-29 squaremeters must be hidden somewhere, but certainly not inside the bungalows. I'd say 20-25 square meters would be more accurate. So if you're travelling with a child, I'd suggest to look for something bigger! Travelling solo or as a couple should work just fine. At least I never felt claustrophobic. The interior is quite up to date (huge and comfortable bed, Flatscreen, DVD-Player, Rainshower, coffee maker, fridge, silent aircondition, safe and a very speedy WiFi (really!). The roomcleaning works excellent and also very fast (usually 15 minutes at breakfast are enough, when you come back everything is done).
The breakfast selection is a bit limited but that's not really big news in Thailand. Due to the secluded location you don't have a lot of restaurants nearby. Either you rent a sccoter or catch a lift to Lamai downtown. Personally, I was very happy with the restaurant inside the resort, which offers throughout day and evening a good choice of dishes which were always delicious and reasonably priced. Also here, the service was absolutely lovely and quick.
There's a fair amount of sunbeds and umbrellas around the pool and also down (5 stairsteps) at the beach, I never had a problem to get one where I wanted.
In the end, I felt so relaxed and at home there, I had to change my travel plans and extend my stay :-)
Thanks for a lovely experience!

Either order the airport transfer from the resort (600 THB) or catch a taxi (700 THB).

Room Tip: Some of the Garden Bungalows are really hidden behind the others: no view to anything. So be a bit p...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank smartMarius
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I didn't want to leave a review at first because our stay at Lazy Days was so amazing I wanted to keep this tiny hotel a secret! It's just beautiful. Our thatched roof beach cottage was the stuff dreams are made of, the food was delicious, the staff couldn't have been more friendly or helpful, the private beach and swimming pool were quiet and secluded... I could go on and on. The place was spotless, everything gleamed. Our bed was MASSIVE and incredibly comfy, and even though we were right off a main road down a little hill you wouldn't have guessed. Treat yourselves, it will be worth it, promise.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lucy F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maret
Royal Beach Boutique Resort & Spa
The Kala Samui
The Kala Samui
#16 of 63 in Maret
Pavilion Samui Villas & Resort

Been to Lazy Day's Samui Beach Resort? Share your experiences!