Lowest prices for your stay
ZenHotels.com
£96
sunnydaysLincoln
lincoln
BEAUTIFUL SETTING
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 9 Feb 2013
just back from a week here and it was absolutely lovely. Fantastic setting on hillside to lovely beach. There is a reef just out to sea so the waves break there making it a lovely safe swimming area from the beach. Staff are excellent, can't do enough for you. We paid extra for a spa villa with private spa bath on the terrace but to be fair it was a waste of money as only went in it twice! The beach and pools are really nice. I think some of the bungalows are in need of refurbishment to keep a high standard. Air conditioned and spacious rooms. The food is good but be wary of the wine £27 a bottle of Jacobs Creek!
Visited their other hotel at Chewang beach...huge, on a very packed beach. We made the right choice.
£119
    £34
    £45
4.9 miles from Centara Villas Samui Hotel
Free parking
The best boutique hotel in Koh Samui where guests enjoy panoramic views from every room.
  • Booking.com
    £103
    £91
    £123
5.2 miles from Centara Villas Samui Hotel
View more hotels in Maret
2,442 results
All reviews cool bar spa villa shuttle bus reef cafe butterfly garden our honeymoon koh samui free cocktail private beach shuttle service fantastic holiday plenty of sunbeds quiet location travel agent the hotel offers sea view hired a car
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 February 2013 via mobile

I stayed at The beautiful Centara Villas for just under two weeks in January with my mum. Ages 27 and 49. This was an extra special holiday for me as I had not seen my mum for 18months and we had flown from the UK and AUS to have a well deserved catch up/break.

If you have done your research and read the below reviews you will not be disappointed as what you see and hear about this resort, really is what you get! Amazing service, great atmosphere around the resort a beautiful Villa amongst the wildlife (beware I the Mosquitos at all times of the day though 😄)

* We paid extra for a pool Villa which we never used- this was mainly because it got dark by about 6:30pm and we preferred being on the beach during the day! (Although the complimentary drinks as part of the pool villa booking was fab!! I think this applys to Spa villas too so check out the Spa villa prices)

* The buffet nights are 690THB per person from memory - I would say worth it for the Thai and Seafood nights but I would not worry for the Italian and BBQ nights as the food is not as great with these two cuisines.
But what ever you decide you need to have the Mussamam Curry it is superb!!

The reason I titled this review a rose between two thorns is really because either side of the gorgeous and private beach (note: the beach staff are always hard at work keeping it clean) is ambanded surroundings that are not looked after and as a result are quite dirty, this was a bit of a bummer as I would have loved to walk around some more. The cool bar is to your left and I walked down in the daytime and it looked very rundown and dirty and as two women on our own we did not brave i there after dark for that very reason.

However this review has to based on Centara Villas alone and I would 100% recommend this resort to anyone going to Koh Samui for some real Rest and Relaxation! That is what me and mum needed and I have never been so relaxed on holiday. So I guess the only thing I can say is if you are wanting real escapism, then this is the place for you!!

Thanks again for the great service Centara team, keep up the fabulous work as you are the people that really make the difference between an average holiday and an excellent one!! 😄

1  Thank Claire-in-Canberra
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Lovely hotel in a picture perfect location. If you're looking for a tranquil hide-away then this is the place to come. The villas are lovely - clean, bright and comfortable. We stayed in a standard villa and it was very nice. There are more expensive options available, including spa villas and these looked good too, though the beach is so beautiful that you'll probably want to spend all your time there.

The staff were fantastic and did everything they could to make our holiday perfect, including organising fruit and flowers for my Mum on her birthday. We hired a car through the hotel and had a great time pottering around the island, looking for quiet beaches and places to eat seafood. (The seafood on Koh Samui is fantastic!)

Despite what some other reviewers have said we found the food to be excellent and though the prices were a tad more expensive than in restaurants in Lamai, Chaweng etc, they were still very reasonable by UK standards. A meal for 3 including drinks for less than £25 is pretty good going, especially when you take into account the standards of cooking and service. We had breakfast included and very much enjoyed it as there were lots of things to choose from.

If you want to explore Lamai or Chaweng the hotel shuttle makes it easy, and cheap too. We ate in Lamai several times and can recommend Mr Phu's Seafood restaurant at the night plaza.

The beach is stunning, and very peaceful too, so a perfect place to while away the hours with a good book or your Kindle. Swimming is great, though look out for coral which washes in from the reef.

5  Thank Allison D
Reviewed 6 February 2013

We have just returned after a 2 week stay in the Centara Villas in Samui. We are so relaxed and chilled out after our holiday there, it is difficult getting back into 'normal' life again!

A couple of things may need clarifying, based on other reviews of this marvellous place. This part of Samui is very quiet. For us, that was a bonus but some people don't seem to have read any reviews and then get upset when they get here. Secondly, there are steps here as the complex is built on a hill sloping down to the sea. It is not Mount Everest, they are small sections of well constructed steps that are not too steep, and it maybe a good thing to have a little exercise if you spent your holiday in a similar manor to us! On a serious note, if you have accessibility issues, you may need to consider somewhere else.

We arrived about 9.30am after a night flight and I thought we may be kept waiting for ages for our room, but the wait was 30 minutes maximum, which was most welcome. Our room was a standard villa but it had a much larger terrace with two sun beds, which was very useful, we also had a great view of the sea (Villa 110) It would be fair to say that the interior, whilst spotlessly clean, was getting a bit tired and would soon be in need for a little TLC, but it wasn't a real negative.
One of the charms of the resort is the staff, all of whom were so helpful, polite and always smiling. They will do whatever they can to help you.
We were on a B&B basis and the breakfast was superb. Great choice of styles (Thai, English, Continental) great selection of fruits and breads and eggs cooked to order.
There are two bars in the hotel and they have Happy hour twice a day. 1-2pm and 6-7pm where you get two for the price of one, very handy. Drinks, like most hotels are more expensive in the hotel than outside bars and restaurants. They have to add vat and service so it does bump it up.
One thing that I didn't see on other reviews was that fact that around both bars, one is located in the lobby, the other is in the restaurant next to the beach, have FREE WiFi. That was a great surprise and very useful. The signal is so strong in the restaurant that I easily picked it up from my subbed on the beach!! Well done Centara for this.
The beach was fantastic with plenty of beds for all and attendants that would place your umbrella exactly where you wanted it, and you do need one, the sun is very strong here.

The three pools in the resort are a real treat also. All are very clean and most peaceful.

I was fortunate enough to celebrate a birthday whilst I was here and my wife, as a surprise, upgraded us to a pool villa for the remainder of our holiday. if you fancy a spot of luxury, then you should seriously consider this option. The rooms are much bigger, the pool is spectacular and our villa had a king size, four poster day bed on the terrace. I could not ask for any more! That villa was 312, and was not overlooked by any other rooms at all, so you could, if you wish, wear as little or as much as you desired!

I cannot really say enough about this gem of a resort. I ticked every box for our holiday and we would definitely return without a second thought.

I cannot fail to mention the Cool Bar on the beach and the restaurants just down the road from the hotel. The Cool Bar is such an amazing little place that beggars belief, you must give it a go.
The two restaurants are The Fishermans and the Barracuda, across the road from one another.
For our money, the Fishermans is the best, hands down as we found the Barracuda void of any atmosphere whatsoever whilst the Fishermans had really enthusiastic young staff and was just a much better place to eat. Great prices in both though.

4  Thank markgchef
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Just returned on 01/02/13 and so sad to have left. This is a paradise destination and the staff are so hepful in every way. Nothing is to much trouble for them. The Villas were immaculate. If you want a peaceful holiday this is the place to be. I read other reviews before going and was a bit worried about the cost at the Hotel. The food was fantastic and yes it was more expensive than eating out at one of the local reasturants but the saying is tre you get what you pay for the portions are bigger and the service excellant. Happy hour twice a day what more could you ask for. We went into Lamia and also Chaweng shuttle bus really cheap but must say we preferred to stay at the hotel. Great place for couples who enjoy the peace and tranquillity. Cant wait to go back

6  Thank Glenn S
Reviewed 2 February 2013

What a lovely experience! Stayed in a garden villa during a visit to my son who lives on Koh Samui. Perfectly clean and comfortable without being oppulent ( beds a tad hard for my liking). As a solo female traveller I felt very safe at all times and found the staff willing to do absolutely anything for me ( and for my son who needed some documents scanned and copied.) Situated in a lovely quiet area away from the tourist hell of Chaweng & Lamai with a few local restaurants a short walk away. Food at the Reef Restaurant at the villas was lovely but a bit expensive tor Thailand. Happy Hour at the bar was a great asset and a chance for us solos to meet and chat with other guests. If you like peace and quiet and seeing local life this is the place for you.

Room tip: I would advise going for a garden room but one facing towards the sea. I had one facing inland which was fine but if I go again I think it's better to be facing downhill. There are rooms with their own pools/jacuzzis and with sea viws which are lovely ( all the rooms are basically similar BTW) but IMHO not worth the extra money unless maybe your trip is a honeymoon or special anniversary or birthday. After all, when in such a lovely place how much time is actually spent in one's room? There are a number of steps on the site as the resort is built on a fairly steep hillside.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank vessiem
GM C, The Staff & Management at Centara Villas Samui Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2013

Dear vessiem,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Centara Villas Samui and taking the time to share your experiences. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and your time here in Koh Samui. Your kind compliments of the staff have been shared with the team with great pleasure.

King regards