We were on our first trip to Thailand having spent a few nights in Bangkok ( Sheraton Grand Orchid) we were in Samui for my daughters wedding in Koh Tao, this happening in the middle of our 10 day stay here.The complex is impressive enough with the pools & other facilities.On arrival however we were put in an upgraded villa overnight as our allocated villa was still occupied not what you really expect but found this is common practice here.There were 13 people in Samui for the wedding virtually all of us booked about 7-8 months before.One couple booking at that time could not get a villa which took the edge off it slightly ( as they ended up about 6 miles away)& yet there were people staying who had booked 6 weeks before!when booking I had requested a pool villa only to be told at the time nothing available( I am not convinced)My ex-wife & her partner were put in a
Spa room on arrival(to be told they would be in there overnight) but refused to be moved as she wanted to unpack.
Overall the stay was enjoyable.The breakfast selection & quality was superb, location great dining/ bars areas virtually on the beach & entertainment provided on different nights which I can't fault.It may be unsuitable for any infirm persons as the complex is on a gradient with many steps between the foyer/ entrance & the beach/pools/bar & dining areas.The staff are helpful & will book day trips etc & will also taxi you on hotel bus to the airport.The complex is away from a lot of places although there are a couple of bars/restaurants 8 mins walk away.Free wi-fi areas are within the complex but Internet in your room expensive! I would stay here again but be specific about the villa I require.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the southern tip of Samui Island and 10 minutes away from popular Lamai Beach, Centara Villas Samui is an exotic four-star resort that is ideal for a first-class villa hideaway. Nestled in a tropical environment, the 102 southern Thai style villas present ample living areas (from 38 to 151 square metres) that seamlessly blend with the surrounding verdant foliage. The villas cascade down a gentle hillside to the resort’s private beach and feature a balcony from which to enjoy garden or ocean vistas. Guests will also enjoy the option of an outdoor Jacuzzi or a private plunge pool. Reef Café, the all-day dining restaurant, overlooks the Gulf of Thailand while the al fresco Coral Bar is perfect for barbecue dinners. The resort also has one bar. Other than relaxing on the beach, leisure activities and facilities include three swimming pool areas, a children’s playground, an exceptional spa, a long tail boat service allowing guests to go fishing or snorkelling at nearby island, and a PADI Dive Centre. Kayaks and bikes are also available, and so is a shuttle service to both Lamai Beach and Chaweng Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Fastbooking, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Villas Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Villas Samui Hotel Koh Samui
- Centara Hotel Koh Samui
- Centara Hotel Samui
- Central Samui Village
- Centara Villas Samui Ko Samui, Thailand