We stayed here in April for sixteen nights and loved it. We were in a sea view villa at the bottom of the hill which was great as the weather was very hot and sometimes humid, so didn't have the hill walk!
Loved the breakfast and the location of the restaurant next to the beach. Lunch was good and we shared a meal as that's all we needed. Happy hour between 1 and 2 meant it cost us about £10 for food and 2 drinks each.
We ate only once at Centara in the evening, at the beginning of our holiday. There is a total lack of lighting, just tea lights on the table. We were given a torch to read the menus. Could have done with a Davy lamp to eat our meal. My husband hadn't a clue what was on his plate! I suggest a few large hanging lanterns would eliminate this problem.
I like red wine with my meal and for me it was undrinkable. I had already left a glass at the managers gathering and was served the same type at dinner. I told the waitress and she brought another glass which also wasn't nice, and expensive. We ate out at Fisherman's and Barracuda restaurants most nights. Food and wine excellent for a fraction of the cost, just a short walk along the beach, . We would have tried more evening meals at the hotel if the experience had been better.
As other reviewers say the sea did appear murky. We did go in sometimes and it was like bath, lovely. The lower ground pool was very warm also. Non of that shivering at the edge!
We preferred sitting on the beach, plenty of beds but there was a lack of shade. Only allowed one garden type of umbrella between two people which doesn't work. As the sun moves round you are scrambling for shade.
Our villa was very nice. Large room kept clean by the staff. The only problem was no air con in the bathroom. Well equipped and roomy, but it's a structure on the side of the bedroom with shutters so slight flow of air but not enough. Stay in there for too long and you need another shower!
We had a few trips out to Lamai and Chaweng on the shuttle bus. Had excellent meals in both places. Such good value.
Overall I would recommend this hotel. The ambience and location is excellent . We were thoroughly relaxed. The staff are lovely and work hard.
There is something that would make this hotel even better. ADULT ONLY. The very nature of this hotel lends itself to that. There are no facilities for children. In fact I overheard one woman saying to another that she wished they would make it more child friendly. I totally disagree. It's not that sort of place in my opinion. It is on the whole a quiet place, which was at times spoilt by noisy families.
"Love Thailand, love Centara Villas"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the southern tip of Samui Island and 10 minutes away from popular Lamai Beach, Centara Villas Samui is an exotic four-star resort that is ideal for a first-class villa hideaway. Nestled in a tropical environment, the 102 southern Thai style villas present ample living areas (from 38 to 151 square metres) that seamlessly blend with the surrounding verdant foliage. The villas cascade down a gentle hillside to the resort’s private beach and feature a balcony from which to enjoy garden or ocean vistas. Guests will also enjoy the option of an outdoor Jacuzzi or a private plunge pool. Reef Café, the all-day dining restaurant, overlooks the Gulf of Thailand while the al fresco Coral Bar is perfect for barbecue dinners. The resort also has one bar. Other than relaxing on the beach, leisure activities and facilities include three swimming pool areas, a children’s playground, an exceptional spa, a long tail boat service allowing guests to go fishing or snorkelling at nearby island, and a PADI Dive Centre. Kayaks and bikes are also available, and so is a shuttle service to both Lamai Beach and Chaweng Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Southall Travel, Fastbooking, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Villas Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Villas Samui Hotel Koh Samui
- Centara Hotel Koh Samui
- Centara Hotel Samui
- Central Samui Village
- Centara Villas Samui Ko Samui, Thailand