We stayed at Centara Villas 2 years ago and we had a fantastic time. So, we thought why not stay there again! However, this time we visited Bangkok and Koh Samui a little later (early May) and, although it was only a month later than 2 years ago, we found it much hotter. In fact, the occasional thunder storm was a light relief from the humidity. Overall the hotel met our previous expectations. The staff are extremely friendly and more than willing to attend to your every need. However, we were suprised when on arrival they asked for a deposit of 5000 Baht (cash or credit card) which would then be refunded upon departure. We were not warned about this by Travelbag, so, as you can imagine, my fiance, both sets of parents and I were all slightly confused! Fortunately, we were able to pop it on a credit card, but otherwise, it would have been all of our spending money. The rooms were brilliant and the location was perfect for a relaxing holiday. We certainly got our exercise walking up and down the hill to the hotel though! The hotel was, generally, extremely clean. Nevertheless, the communal toilet situated by the second pool was rarely cleaned.
The food in the hotel was fantastic - pan fried chicken breast is the best :). Occasionally, we fancied a change of scenery so we went down to the fisherman's outlet for dinner. I usually go 'veggy' abroad, and the fisherman's outlet had some lovely veggy dishes (vegetable tempora, sweet and sour vegetables). The fisherman's outlet also had a tourist office and the lady in charge was absolutely brilliant. We booked an island tour with her which included a private mini bus, 6 hours worth of a guided tour and any sights that you wanted to visit for 4000 Baht for 6 people (a fraction of the price of what tour east were charging). However, we wanted to see the elephants again and we were extremely dissapointed. The elephants were at Na Muang Waterfall. The baby elephant was on a short chain and clearly distressed. To see the elephants, visit Chiang-Mai! They are better looked after!
P.S.- For breakfast, make sure you put a few extra sausages on your plate for Rosie (the hotel's dog). It's ashame that for the cost of drinks in the hotel etc... that they couldn't afford to flee her etc...
Also, the disruption in Bangkok wasn't felt at all in Koh Samui- so if you are travelling soon, don't worry!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the southern tip of Samui Island and 10 minutes away from popular Lamai Beach, Centara Villas Samui is an exotic four-star resort that is ideal for a first-class villa hideaway. Nestled in a tropical environment, the 102 southern Thai style villas present ample living areas (from 38 to 151 square metres) that seamlessly blend with the surrounding verdant foliage. The villas cascade down a gentle hillside to the resort’s private beach and feature a balcony from which to enjoy garden or ocean vistas. Guests will also enjoy the option of an outdoor Jacuzzi or a private plunge pool. Reef Café, the all-day dining restaurant, overlooks the Gulf of Thailand while the al fresco Coral Bar is perfect for barbecue dinners. The resort also has one bar. Other than relaxing on the beach, leisure activities and facilities include three swimming pool areas, a children’s playground, an exceptional spa, a long tail boat service allowing guests to go fishing or snorkelling at nearby island, and a PADI Dive Centre. Kayaks and bikes are also available, and so is a shuttle service to both Lamai Beach and Chaweng Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Fastbooking, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Villas Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Villas Samui Hotel Koh Samui
- Centara Hotel Koh Samui
- Centara Hotel Samui
- Central Samui Village
- Centara Villas Samui Ko Samui, Thailand