We've stayed here in early july 2014. Family of 4 (with my 2 daughters 8 and 10).
It is pretty difficult in Ko Samui to find affordable accommodation for families like ours. Most hotels will either refuse or propose 2 rooms. Others will charge you like crazy. But not Centara Villa.
The room was large enough to accommodate the 4 of us, with an extra bed. Very well decorated, and a true pleasure.
We had a very nice ocean view and a balcony with table and chairs.
Bathroom is large enough, and is very comfortable, despite this crazy curtain. Well, I think shower curtains are firmly standing in the unacceptable zone.
The beach, very beautiful, is not a real beach for swimming, bathable at high tide only. Even then, water is very shallow. I have been attacked by an urchin who left my right knee quite painful for a bit, but it disappeared in less than an hour. I spared the life of the miserable creature, and went to the swimming pools. The nicest one is at the middle level. Highest level is OK with young kids, water is as shallow as the sea. Lower level pool is beautiful, but crowded, and the water stayed turbid during our entire 3-night stay.
Restaurant is very good, although a bit expensive. Nicely situated (almost) on the beach. Breakfast was included for the 4 of us and was more than decent. It's buffet style, they have pancakes, a good and high quality selection of jams, USA-friendly stuff, but also french-friendly croissants + pains au chocolat. If you feel adventurous, you can also have thai breakfast, with lots of chili, rice and fish.
Service is excellent at the restaurant, both services, with people really willing to help you. At the bar also. Front-desk personnel is another matter. I felt like I was at the counter of a railway station. Not really disturbing them, but they could feel a bit better should you weren't there. Maybe because there was too many people in the lobby at the same time?
In-room cleaning was excellent the first morning, but stuff was missing the second day, like some towels. And room service charges you to bring a bucket of ice cubes, along with your drink order!
Parking is small, but it was big enough to accommodate our rental car, a large pickup truck. Anyways, renting a car in thailand scare tourists, so parkings were empty in hotels most of the time.
And if you are overweight, not well fitted or with any kind of disabilities, remember that there are a hell of a lot of stairs here.
One last word: don't even bother going at the butterfly farm across the hotel. Even as a client, you have to pay full price for it, and it does not come cheap. There is almost nothing to see in there, part of the farm is abandoned, and the butterflies escape through the many holes around. Good for them!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the southern tip of Samui Island and 10 minutes away from popular Lamai Beach, Centara Villas Samui is an exotic four-star resort that is ideal for a first-class villa hideaway. Nestled in a tropical environment, the 102 southern Thai style villas present ample living areas (from 38 to 151 square metres) that seamlessly blend with the surrounding verdant foliage. The villas cascade down a gentle hillside to the resort’s private beach and feature a balcony from which to enjoy garden or ocean vistas. Guests will also enjoy the option of an outdoor Jacuzzi or a private plunge pool. Reef Café, the all-day dining restaurant, overlooks the Gulf of Thailand while the al fresco Coral Bar is perfect for barbecue dinners. The resort also has one bar. Other than relaxing on the beach, leisure activities and facilities include three swimming pool areas, a children’s playground, an exceptional spa, a long tail boat service allowing guests to go fishing or snorkelling at nearby island, and a PADI Dive Centre. Kayaks and bikes are also available, and so is a shuttle service to both Lamai Beach and Chaweng Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia, Fastbooking, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Villas Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Villas Samui Hotel Koh Samui
- Centara Hotel Koh Samui
- Centara Hotel Samui
- Central Samui Village
- Centara Villas Samui Ko Samui, Thailand