We stayed here the beginning of June for 8 days.
There was four of us (two couples) and they managed to get our villas next door to each other. We stayed in 301 and my friends stayed in 302 and these where deluxe villa. The rooms where just next to the looby and the main stairs so you did hear people walking by but only if you where in the toilet as there are no windows.
Rooms where big with plenty of storage. Didn't like the bathroom as in the morning it was very steamy and also after a shower but we kept the door shut most of the time.
When we checked in we also decided to do the baht bonaza and we joined up with our friends in the other room so we had extra money again. We put in 10,000 baht per couple and we got 32,000 baht. It was definately a good idea to do as the drinks and food where expensive compared to down the road at the fishermans village. On our last day we still had 5,000 baht left but we already had breakfast and couldnt spend the rest of the money. Shame you can't get it back but we also asked if we could just tip one of the waitresses but they wouldnt let us either so not sure what happened to the money.
Staff where very friendly and I would like to thank Greene and Pu who where fantastic and made our holiday even better.
We visited fishermans village and also the barracuda a few nights and the food was great. 3 course meal for £7.00. It was low season when we went so not alot of people where at the bars so a few shut very early and also with the rain at nights it was hard to walk down the hill especially with no lights but we did take the torch from the room.
We booked a few trips through the rep at the hotel which where very good. We done the safari jeep up the mountains and also a boat trip around Marine national park, both where great days.
A few of the nights we took the hotel bus to Lamai and also chaweng. Lamai had a few bars and good resturants and we also went to the market at night but it was pretty rubbish.
The sister hotel is amazing and the beach there is one of the best. We didn't go into the sea once at centara villas as there was alot of sewage and the water was pretty dirty but was glad we could go to the beach at chaweng. Didn't have any problems with booking the bus either and we also missed the bus one morning but they phoned our room to make sure we weren't going.
If you miss the bus at night coming home or if you stay out in chaweng which we did a few times we got several taxis and cheapest one we got was 600 baht for the 4 of us.
If I was to go back I would stay at the sister hotel as there is much more to do but centara villas is a lovely place to stay if you are looking for something relaxing :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the southern tip of Samui Island and 10 minutes away from popular Lamai Beach, Centara Villas Samui is an exotic four-star resort that is ideal for a first-class villa hideaway. Nestled in a tropical environment, the 102 southern Thai style villas present ample living areas (from 38 to 151 square metres) that seamlessly with the surrounding verdant foliage. The villas cascade down a gentle hillside to the resort’s private beach and feature a balcony from which to enjoy garden or ocean vistas. Guests will also enjoy the option of an outdoor Jacuzzi or a private plunge pool. Reef Café, the all-day dining restaurant, overlooks the Gulf of Thailand while the al fresco Coral Bar is perfect for barbecue dinners. The resort also has one bar. Other than relaxing on the beach, leisure activities and facilities include three swimming pool areas, a children’s playground, an exceptional spa, a long tail boat service allowing guests to go fishing or snorkelling at nearby island, and a PADI Dive Centre. Kayaks and bikes are also available, and so is a shuttle service to both Lamai Beach and Chaweng Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Odigeo, TravelUp, Agoda, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Villas Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Villas Samui Hotel Koh Samui
- Centara Hotel Koh Samui
- Centara Hotel Samui
- Central Samui Village
- Centara Villas Samui Ko Samui, Thailand