We spent 12 days in this hotel in Aug and it was a most enjoyable,relaxing holiday.
The staff at reception on arrival were very friendly and helpful. We had booked a spa villa as there was three of us(myself,husband and 12yr daughter) we had requested a room with a good balcony to accommodate all of us.The first room we were shown to was on the small size for us so they changed us to another room which was much better. Although after a week we upgraded to a pool villa and this was a fantastic room with a seperate living room/bedroom. The veiw from the toilet was amazing you could sit and watch the sun come up in the morning.
We took advantage of the baht bonanza and found this to be great value for money, although we did still venture out to the Cool Bar, Fishermans Restaurant and Barracuda close by, all the local bars were excellent and very friendly and helpful.
The staff in the coral bar were always friendly it was always enjoyable to start the evening off here, we really made the most of happy hours meeting up with other guests and listening to the frogs.
We ate in the restaurant on a few evenings and always found the food to be good, but we really enjoyed going out and trying the street food.
The hotel advertised daily events taking place but we rarely saw any of the events on the beach taking place, as we had our 12 yr old daughter with us we would of liked to seen a more pro active approach to these events.
Also wifi was hit and miss, and what 12yr old can live without wifi!!
It would of been nice to have more choice on the TV as well.
It was a pleasent evening meeting the management team on Thursdays, all the team seemed to be approchable and willing to listen to your comments, they were also very helpful in recommending places to go or trips to take.
We did take a few trips, the off road safari was a really wild ride especially if you sat on the roof !!
This was a great holiday even though you are in a fairly isolated location it seemed to add to the beauty of it, it only took 15 mins to be among the nightlife and shopping.
We would like to thank the staff and management for making our holiday so enjoyable and would really like to return here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the southern tip of Samui Island and 10 minutes away from popular Lamai Beach, Centara Villas Samui is an exotic four-star resort that is ideal for a first-class villa hideaway. Nestled in a tropical environment, the 102 southern Thai style villas present ample living areas (from 38 to 151 square metres) that seamlessly with the surrounding verdant foliage. The villas cascade down a gentle hillside to the resort’s private beach and feature a balcony from which to enjoy garden or ocean vistas. Guests will also enjoy the option of an outdoor Jacuzzi or a private plunge pool. Reef Café, the all-day dining restaurant, overlooks the Gulf of Thailand while the al fresco Coral Bar is perfect for barbecue dinners. The resort also has one bar. Other than relaxing on the beach, leisure activities and facilities include three swimming pool areas, a children’s playground, an exceptional spa, a long tail boat service allowing guests to go fishing or snorkelling at nearby island, and a PADI Dive Centre. Kayaks and bikes are also available, and so is a shuttle service to both Lamai Beach and Chaweng Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Fastbooking, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelbag, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Villas Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Villas Samui Hotel Koh Samui
- Centara Hotel Koh Samui
- Centara Hotel Samui
- Central Samui Village
- Centara Villas Samui Ko Samui, Thailand