Stayed here for 5 nights to start our honeymoon. We found it to be of a very high standard and very private. The room we had was a spa villa. The problem was that the spa plug did not work so we could not drain the water and the water is not very hot in it. They changed us to a different room with the same problem. The gave us one free al a carte meal to compensate which was fair enough but we felt it would have been better if things just worked perfectly (they seemed to know about the problem after all). We agreed that the cleaners would empty it for us each day and leave it empty so we knew it had been done. That was really our only complaint about the place.
The 3 pools are very good. We spent most of our time in the pool by the beach. The beach is big and private. The restaurant and bar are very good. Most nights they had live music played by two guys. That was good but more variety would have been good. Wifi is free and worked for us. The breakfast is good but they could do more to keep the flies away.
We had a private meal on the beach one night which was very good. We also did their 'cooking course'. When we did their cooking course the two of us were the only people doing it which was great because it was like having our own private chef show us how to cook our meals. The down side to the cooking course was that we didn't get to do much of it ourselves and the chef's English wasn't good enough to answer many questions. It was interesting and fun enough for the money but it could be so much better. For a better cooking course experience try one in Silom in Bangkok.
The hotel runs a baht bonanza scheme which is basically like pre paying your room bill by paying for some bahts and the hotel adding to it. We paid for 20000 bahts and they added 12500 meaning for our 5 night stay we had 32500 bahts to spend at the Centara. This basically made it all inclusive for us. We didn't leave the resort at all for the whole of the 5 nights which was perfect but we wouldn't have wanted to stay much longer than that because the hotel is not close enough to other things. Most other people we met had entered into this scheme which was good because then we met up with the same people every night for drinks.
The Centara is perfect if you want a quiet, relaxing, isolated hotel on a beach.
Unlike seemingly everyone else I have to say that the local Cool Bar is certainly nothing special. Perhaps everyone thinks its amazing because it is the only bar close to the Centara.
I would recommend doing what we did and staying at the Centara for 5 nights then staying at a hotel on Bophut beach for another 5 nights. Along Bophut there are lots of hotels and bars and fire shows and a town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the southern tip of Samui Island and 10 minutes away from popular Lamai Beach, Centara Villas Samui is an exotic four-star resort that is ideal for a first-class villa hideaway. Nestled in a tropical environment, the 102 southern Thai style villas present ample living areas (from 38 to 151 square metres) that seamlessly blend with the surrounding verdant foliage. The villas cascade down a gentle hillside to the resort’s private beach and feature a balcony from which to enjoy garden or ocean vistas. Guests will also enjoy the option of an outdoor Jacuzzi or a private plunge pool. Reef Café, the all-day dining restaurant, overlooks the Gulf of Thailand while the al fresco Coral Bar is perfect for barbecue dinners. The resort also has one bar. Other than relaxing on the beach, leisure activities and facilities include three swimming pool areas, a children’s playground, an exceptional spa, a long tail boat service allowing guests to go fishing or snorkelling at nearby island, and a PADI Dive Centre. Kayaks and bikes are also available, and so is a shuttle service to both Lamai Beach and Chaweng Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Holiday Gems, Prestigia, Agoda, Southall Travel, Fastbooking, Expedia, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Villas Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Villas Samui Hotel Koh Samui
- Centara Hotel Koh Samui
- Centara Hotel Samui
- Central Samui Village
- Centara Villas Samui Ko Samui, Thailand