“One of the highlights of my trip to Thailand!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ying's Thai Cooking Home

Ying's Thai Cooking Home
More attraction details
Owner description: Original Samui style cooking class in individual atmosphere far off the beaten track. Discover local ingredients at the nearby market and learn how to prepare and cook tropical herbs, spices and more in a traditional, home-style manner. Samui-born cooking teacher Ying - fluent in English and German - is guiding you with her refreshing charisma through your cooking experience.
“One of the highlights of my trip to Thailand!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

The whole experience was fantastic - ying was lovely, very chatty and friendly. Going to the local market and choosing all our ingredients, seeing the word and wonderful thing on display was great fun.
The set up and location of the house is away from the craziness of koh samui, tranquil and beautiful.
The whole day was fantastic, ying was there every step of the way, offering help and tips.
The food was delicious and I would highly recommend the course, it was a total highlight for me!
Don't miss out, book now!

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A great day out with Ying”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

A great day spent with Ying and her family. I am not really that into cooking but so glad I decided to go along when my friends organised it. The whole experience from going to the local market, spending time with a local family in their house to authentic Thai cooking is a very worthwhile experience. Ying kept the instructions very simple so even a cooking dummy managed and it is great being able to choose what food you like to cook. Beautiful fresh prawns in a Tamarind sauce was my absolute favorite. Thank you Ying for a wonderful day out.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great counterbalance to touristic sites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I did this course with my mum and we both loved it. A particular highlight was going to a local market and learning about different fruit, veg and seafood we hadn't seen before. You get to choose your own menu so can cook any Thai recipe you like. I had eaten one of the meals we made at a restaurant the night before and the meal we made with Ying was so much tastier.

Ying and her parents are really friendly and accommodating. We had a lovely week in Koh Samui but I found it a bit depressing that everything was geared towards tourists and it was hard to find the heart of the place. Spending a day with Ying was a great antidote and I am really glad I did it. I now have a great selection of delicious Thai recipes to choose from.

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great day spent with Ying learning Thai cooking with a local”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Our group spent a great day with Ying, from the local market to buy all our ingredients to all the food preparation and cooking, then eating every dish we cooked we all had a great time. It was a great experience and Ying is a real character and her family get involved which was lovely. I would recommend Yings cooking class to anyone that is interested in Thai cooking and you get the recipes emailed to you so you can cook the dishes when your back at home.
Cheers, Sue & Tony (Aust)

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Highlight for a group of Ozzie's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

I attended Ying's Thai cooking school with several friends split into 2 separate days. The beauty of doing a class with 3 other friends is that you get to choose what you want to cook. Ying was absolutely delightful and her vivacious personality and her big laugh made for a fun day. Her recipes are faultless and amazingly tasty. The whole day, from shopping at the local market, preparing ingredients and cooking to eating our meal in her lovely garden, was a true experience. We are so glad we chose a small authentic class and we now have a new friend. Thanks so much Ying.