I stayed here between March and April for 33 nights. I stayed in one of the bungalows (with hot water, fridge and AC) at the very bottom of the cliff directly overlooking the sea & the rocks. I fell asleep to the noise of the waves and I awoke to the same sound (I didn't use the AC much). I could tell how windy it was just by listening to how loud the waves were before I even got out of bed in the morning and looked out. This I LOVED!! Also practicing yoga & meditation on my balcony and lying in the hammock provided overlooking this scenery. It feels very close to nature down there. The Samui ring road is incredibly busy these days and so getting away from the noise of the road is very difficult. From this bungalow, 705, all that could be heard was the sea waves. This is what I valued most and can be quite elusive on the island. I even liked the many steps required to get down to the bungalow (beware if you have mobility issues, but if you stay higher up the cliff you'd use less steps but hear more road noise). However, the price I paid for the sound of the sea was... Security - on my penultimate night I arrived home at 23:30 to find I'd been broken into, they'd got in through the door, which only has a push button lock on the inside, which in my opinion is not secure enough. No one from the resort is around at night and as a single woman, I was a little sacred that night, but had to wait until the morning to let them know. I had rented a safety locker at reception so most things were in there. The burglars went through everything obviously looking for money because they didn't take my camera and nothing was destroyed. I'm very lucky!! For my last night, I moved up the cliff but it still only had a push button lock which didn't give me a great feeling of security. Cleanliness - whilst the bungalow was cleaned most days inc the bathroom and change of sheets/towels, the walls were covered in quite a bit of gecko poo, which was never cleaned, the second bungalow was much cleaner however; reception - opening wasn't 24hours, opened only intermittently and sometimes not open according to the times stated on the signs in reception, which was generally ok with me but might cause others problems. The owners and staff were lovely, I did enjoy staying there until the night I was broken into. The way it's run is quite unconventional by Western standards but if you like different experiences and are not just looking for a Western style resort this place has an allure. But do be careful with your belongings, don't leave valuables in the rooms, use the lockers on offer. I think the main problem would be with the bungalows farthest down the cliff rather than the ones at the top near reception and the car park. But I suggest you don't take any chances. If the bungalows were made more secure I would happily stay there again. I ride a motorbike, but if you don't you may find it a little out of the way. You can walk to Coral Cove Beach in under 10mins on the road, Vikassa (cool yoga school with nice restaurant and incredible views) is a couple of minutes away, so are a couple more resorts, restaurants, a reggae bar and fitness gym. For me, the sound of just the sea at Hi Coral Cove Bungalows is priceless.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring sea-view bungalows overlooking Thai Southern Sea, Hi Coral Cove Bungalow is a 2stars hotel located in Coral Cove viewpoint district where is the snorkeling point of Koh Samui. From here, it’s a 2-minute walk to ViKaSa Yoka and Thai Boxing Gym. Coral Cove beach is within 10 minutes walk. Chaweng or Lamai beach is a 5-minute drive. Samui International Airport is a 30 minute drive.Rooms at Hi Coral Cove Bungalow come with air-conditioning, fridge, hot and cold shower. Each room has a balcony with sea-view. Some rooms also have TV.Guests can relax on the large daybeds by the pool. Free Wi-Fi is available in the lobby and restaurant. Thai and International dishes are also served at the restaurant. The reception can arrange island tours and motorbike for rent. Laundry and ironing services are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Travel Republic (UK), HostelWorld and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hi Coral Cove Bungalow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hi Coral Cove Bungalow Hotel Koh Samui
- Hi Coral Cove Bungalow Ko Samui, Thailand