“They couldn't do enough to make us feel welcome and comfortable”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Olveston
Miles Away Villa Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Olveston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Really welcoming and lovely place. Stayed the last couple of days of the islands St Patricks celebrations and couldn't have had a better time. Fabulous lounging area with amazing views around the pool. Going out for dinner in Montserrat you need to phone and order at lunchtime so they can shop and prepare for that evening. Manager phoned one of her recommendations 'Uncles' for our group to order and organised vegan options for us. We joined them, their family and some other guests for a really pleasant evening with volcano and ocean views. We organised a car through Miles Away and they arranged for it to be waiting at the port, they also arranged a tour of the exclusion zone of the volcano. They could not do enough to make us feel welcome and comfortable during our stay. I would definitely stay there again if I'm ever lucky enough to go to Montserrat again.

Room Tip: Because they don't do food I would suggest getting a room with a kitchenette so you can make som...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SianJoy
sharmaine n, Owner at Miles Away Villa Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2017

thank you we really enjoyed your company as well.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We decided to travel to Montserrat at the very last minute and our hosts Sharmaine & Nigel were so very accommodating! What a beautiful, peaceful place to relax. The views are incredible. We enjoyed both our private patio and the pool patio both in the early mornings & evenings. We will never forget the guided tour of the island as we learned history that could never be learned from a book. For such a small island community there are lots of things to see and do. I would highly recommend Miles Away Villa Resort as a base for anyone's next vacation. Well done Sharmaine & Nigel!!

With much thanks.......your fellow Canadians.........Linda & Wayne

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent........in our opinion!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 189Linda62

Thanks, we enjoyed your visit also. always nice to meet good people. it was fun... come back soon!

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I was visiting Montserrat as a volunteer, andmy hosts arranged my accomodation here - I'm sure that this increased the value of my work! So lovely to get back after a day of meetings for a swim!

Charmaine (sorry, I probably mis-spelled your name) made sure that I had a breaKfast that suited my dietary needs, and on two evenings I had her home-cooked meals, both times exactly what I wanted.

The bed was wonderfully comfortable, apartment immaculately clean. The room I was allocated opened on to the pool and two terraces (so there was always shade). Internet was reliable and mostly fast enough to use google hangout without a problem (the one day when even going to voice-only there were .... delays ... - this was an island-wide problem).

Miles Away is a very, very, tranquil place.

Room Tip: The room I had - facing the pool - is excellent
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Muuranker
Reviewed 23 January 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at Miles Away in January 2014 for just over a week. Sharmaine and Nigel really made us feel at home. We stayed in the Cane Room, which was larger than we expected. We enjoyed sitting out on our private patio in the mornings and evenings, and there is a small picnic table close to the room which we used several times when having coffee or morning breakfast. Nigel picked us up at the airport and arranged take-away from the People's Place (excellent food!), and Sharmaine arranged a rental car for us. Sharmaine welcomed us upon arrival to Miles Away and gave us the grand tour of the property, which has a pool and two very large patios with gorgeous views of the volcano and sunsets over the water. One thing that I really appreciated was that the rooms were cleaned and straightened daily, which is a feature not available at other Guesthouses on the island. We travel light, so having laundry service was a plus. There's also a short hiking trail right on their property that goes down to a stream and a rock beach. It was a short walk, and the view was amazing! Another thing we noticed was that Sharmaine and Nigel are constantly improving the property. In the short time that we were there, they began the addition of one more guest room and they installed heating for the pool. They were excellent hosts, always available for advice/tips/discussion, but never intrusive. My one regret is that we didn't take them up on their offer to join them on Friday evening to check out some of the local spots... Our dinner plans fell through that night, and I'm sure we would have had more fun if we had joined them.

Room Tip: The Cane Room has an extra louvered window that creates gentle cross-breezes and keeps the room cool...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marie C
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Very peaceful and quiet. Private patio, bathrooms and nice little kitchen were my favorite part. Great views, pool and very friendly puppy named Ella. River walking path to the sea so you can walk about 50 feet to the sea Five star. Will be back

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2013

The room I stayed in was very nice, clean, comfortable and up to date. It stayed a nice temperature because it was on the lower level and shaded from the sun. The location is very quiet with great views. Anything that I needed during my stay, Sharmaine was able to help me with. She is a great host! The pool was great to lounge in and the grounds of the villa are very well kept. I will definitely be staying here again when I am able to go back!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 February 2013

This is a great location, at the end of a road, no traffic noise and beautiful views. We stayed in the Lime poolside suite, which was great - microwave, fridge, basic flatware, etc. We saw the other rooms that she has recently added and they are very nice as well. The breezes are fantastic and her pool and surrounding sitting areas are wonderful. She had great recommendations for places to eat and things to do. Only downside (for us) is that much of the island, including this location, isn't very walkable, so a car is definitely needed. But she dropped it at the airport for us so we could just get in and drive to the guest house.

Thank you for a wonderful week!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Been to Miles Away Villa Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!