“Great food and outstanding service - will return”
Review of The Richmond Arms

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Ashling
The Richmond Arms
Ranked #1 of 1 West Ashling B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We went to the Richmond Arms for Sunday lunch. Food absolutely delicious, and the service was outstanding. Nothing was too much trouble. We kept changing our minds about where to sit: outside or in and they were incredibly accommodating, also in terms of the food. We have been to a few restaurants recently where the staff have refused to alter the make up of a dish (for example substituting potato for polenta), but not here. I really couldn't fault it. The menu is short (as it should be), but varied. I could have eaten everything on the menu. They were also very helpful with my son who has a nut allergy. When it came to choosing dessert the waitress came out unprompted to explain what was nut free and what could be adapted. I will definitely return, just wish we lived a bit nearer. We had eaten at a Michelin starred restaurant the night before but all agreed that we preferred The Richmond Arms.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for The Richmond Arms

Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

I discovered this restaurant during a birthday dinner. And what did I miss all these years!! This is a truly hidden gem. The food is truly Michelin style: quality, taste and presentation. All five stars out if five. I eat in lots good quality restaurant including Michelin star ones with work and this one is really in my top 3 now. Amazing place and would deserve a star! Homemade ice creams are superb, tagine lamb excellent flavours, asparagus and running eggs just beautiful!
Most recommended and most importantly excellent service!!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Pascal G
Reviewed 18 May 2013

A country pub atmosphere with fine dining food. Good attentive service and a varied menu.The beef brisket with spring slaw and just the best chips was fantastIc. Keep up the good work, will be back soon...!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We went on a Friday lunchtime. Has a great atmosphere eighteen for a quiet drink or a gourmet meal. The food ie terrific . A quite long list of tapa like starters with excellent prawns and squid and asparagus but the baby artichoke salad was exquisite. My pain I was told by the waitress was a cheap cut but tender and absolutely delicious with a perfect bear aisle. My wife had a double scallop starter and we also had lamb tagging and I think fish. Very friendly and efficient service, interesting wines, only downs were limited parking and no garden. I wish this was my local

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Stayed here last night and enjoyed an exceptional meal, good value and very interesting menu. The starters were superb and we plumped for the squid and sardines. The mains of rib eye and Dover Sole were terrific too. The chocolate moose lived up to my usual high expectation & the wine list is extensive. The room [no 2] was spacious and wi-fi was both free and easy to access. There was both a bath and a large walk-in shower in the bedroom en-suite. The staff looked after us really well and as a venue for a special night, this could not have been more perfect. West Ashling is a very picuresque village too!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VKJ
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Well this is the fourth time I've been there and again it didn't disappoint. I've eaten there for lunch and dinner and every time the food has been amazing. Not only that, the service is excellent but not intrusive. I would recommend very highly and each time I've been the menu has something different to temp you. Enjoy!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Gill B
Reviewed 4 February 2013

We stay here on a regular basis as our family live nearby, and we've grown to love the Richmond Arms. We stayed again this weekend, and again it surpassed expectations. The rooms are wonderful, and we prefer the smaller room as it has a much nicer bathroom layout than the larger room does. The beds are a little too soft, but very comfortable nonetheless. And the food is quite incredible. It's not pub food, its really good, well thought out and experimental fusion food, we are always happy when we eat here. Do try the scotch egg if they have a chorizo one.

Last year I had family staying and we went to Heston Blumenthals dinner which we all really enjoyed, but our stand out meal of that visit was the Richmond Arms because we were just not expecting food of the quality they serve for where they are and in a pub.

They also do a great breakfast if you stay in the B&B.

Room Tip: We find the smaller room to be more to our taste as the bathroom has a better layout.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 4 in Charlton
Plush Tents Glamping
Plush Tents Glamping
#1 of 1 in East Ashling

Been to The Richmond Arms? Share your experiences!