“Amazing food with great service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Richmond Arms

The Richmond Arms
Cuisines: International, British, Contemporary, Gastropub
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Country Pub, Restaurant, B& B in an idyllic Sussex rural village at the foot of the South Downs,5 Min's from Chichester. Locals bar and country kitchen serving locally sourced meats, seafood, game and vegetables in an innovative manner.Roasts on our "Rotisserie" and meats/seafood grilled over Charcoal. Classic bar snacks re-invented, regularly changing local microbreweries beers,home made hedgerow "eaux de vie" and large list of wines by the glass.... expressive of their origins and "terroir". ...
Scotland
“Amazing food with great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

My husband and I went to the Richmond Arms yesterday for lunch, we did not make reservations but got their early enough to be able to grab a table with no problems. We have on a couple of occassions tried to make reservations for dinner but they have been full so bear this in mind and try to book in advance if you plan on eating in the evening (especially Friday/Saturday nights).
The menu was great, lots of innovative and original dishes. My husband had 'melting chicken wings' for starters which were awesome (if a little on the small side for the price - 3 very tiny chicken wings with some tasty dressed salad). We both opted for the charcoal grilled Saltmarsh 'bavette' which is not a cut of beef you see often on UK menus. It was SO TASTY - I think it had been marinated before being cooked on local charcoal for a lovely smokey BBQ taste, served with a big pile of dripping chips and lovely bernaise sauce which all went together beautifully. I also opted for a pud, and had hot fried elderflower custard with greengage sorbet which was equally as tasty, very different and something I would get again! I really liked the service too, the girl appeared to be there on her own but managed all the tables and the bar really well, she was knowledgeable and really friendly, offering advice on dishes to ourselves and the other diners. All in all this was a fantastic meal and being local we will definately be back soon.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank munchylou81

Tavistock, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

I went on a busy day last Summer but had very good service and an excellent meal. We sat outside and had a very enjoyable lunch. Was most impressed.
Parking good.

Visited August 2011
3 Thank poshpetal
Chichester, United Kingdom
“fantastic food, and fanastic experience booking essential”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

food is very exciting and different - beautifully prepared and always delicious

Visited June 2012
2 Thank sarah10_12
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Superb”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

We enjoyed an excellent meal here recently. The standard of food , service and atmosphere was very good .Would definitely visit again.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank natasha w
Canterbury, UK
“Food superb but very noisy and cramped seating”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

Went here as a recommendation and I will say the food was absolutely superb.
The downside my wife and I found (we're only in our 40's!) was that the seating in the restaurant was very close together in a relatively small area and due to its popularity was full and incredibly noisy.
By noisy I don't just mean general background noise but to the point where we spent most of the evening asking eachother to repeat what the other had said because we could hardly hear them. Our ears were literally ringing when we sat in the quiet of the car on the way back!
As I say though, the food was fantastic, just lacking the ambience.

Visited May 2012