“Not as bad as made out.”

The Old Vicarage Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Morley
Newton Aycliffe, United Kingdom
“Not as bad as made out.”
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Stopped for a saturday night out in Leeds. Was really cheap worked out at £15 each as we had 2 family rooms. Was basic but fine for somewhere to crash out and get showered and changed. Was a little worried by the reviews id read on here but it was no where near as bad as most reviews made out. The 2 lads who worked there were friendly and helpfull. Ideal for young people wanting somewhere cheap to crash.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2013

words cant exaggerate enough the filth we walked into.. Not hoovered, crap all over the TV walls and bathroom bin. Filthy snot rags in draws, mildew all over windows, all coffee and milk etc but no kettle, light bulbs blown, carpet up, paint if the walls and asda bags as bin liners!! It was cheap yes ... but come on.... You expect at least clean!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Morley hotels

yorkshire
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Here goes I am not one to moan about a hotel and try make the best of even basic. Read my other reviews you will see. However this hotel is in a league of its own.

We were going to a wedding nearby and booked a family room here as the pictures looked nice for a '3* hotel'. As we drove into the hotel I was a little worried but as it was only one night it would be fine. We checked in fine and the manager showed us to our room. First impressions was basic but ok for a night how wrong could we be!!

My first thought was it could do with re decorating. On further inspection the sofa bed for out toddler was filthy. The double bed sank in the middle. There was masking tape around the single glazed dirty windows which made the room freezing, it was quite warm that day. There was a flat screen tv on the wall the wire hanging down plugged into a dangling extension lead. A disaster waiting to happen with a toddler! Then there's the bathroom old fashioned we can cope with dirt and mould around the bath no way! There was an eggy drain smell once the toilet was flushed too.

The corridors had a smell of Amsterdam cafe!

We left our bags and went to the wedding reception where we made the decision no way could we let out child sleep there! So we headed back to the hotel to collect our things and decided we would drive the 50 miles home after the evening reception as all other hotels were booked up! Now were not snobby and do believe you get what you pay for but £60 for a family room isn't cheap as chips and we did expect a clean even if it was a basic standard.

It was also full of young drunk groups even at lunch time.

Please don't think I like a moan this hotel was a dirty danger zone!

• Stayed September 2013
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This hotel is a absolute joke, we booked this hotel for group of girls 2 stay 1 night, when we booked we did not have a problem with the manager has he was very friendly guy pleased 2 get our business as there was 30 people, but the Tuesday before going down 2 Leeds I had a phone call from the bus company who was taking us and they double booked, so I tried 2 get another bus company but could not get 1 at short of notice, so I had 2 ring the hotel and cancel I explained why 2 him he was very abrupt and was not happy, but as I explained this was not my fault, so the following Monday got a text off bank 2 say I was over drawn so when it comes all 2 all the hotel had took the full amount of money from my account, when I rang the hotel several times they were saying the manager was not in but I no it was the manger I was speaking 2, 1 member of staff when I asked what is the name of your manager her reply was I don't no, then finally he spoke 2 me and his attitude was terrible when I asked him why he has took the money his reply was u never cancelled we had no phone calls, well I have proof on my phone bill that I rang u twice that day and his reply was u not getting money back and then put phone down. I had 2 go 2 bank and sort this out I did get my money back but that is not the point he should not have tried 2 take it in the first place. SO PLEASE KEEP AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL IT'S A ABSOULTE DISGRACE !

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Doncaster, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013

My wife and i stayed here on the 7.9.2013 and paid £40 for an ensuite double room. Whilst the room was in desperate need of decorating (poor paintwork, mouldy sealent around the shower) it was cleanish and just about habitable. However when it came to sleeping the bed was very uncomfortable with the springs almost popping out of the matress meaning you felt like you had metal rods in your back. The shower was not working correctly, when you turned it on full there was nothing more than a trickle, barley enough to wash a cup in let alone shower. I raised the issue with the manager who really didnt care he suggested I should have expected this for the money I paid and he was not prepared to do anything. He was very arrogant and rude and delivered quite possibly the worst customer experience I have ever had.....AVOID THIS HOTEL COMPLETLEY (I SHOULD HAVE HEEDED THE REVIEWS ON HERE) QUITE HONESTLY THE PLACE SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN OR AT VERY LEAST THE MANAGER REPLACED

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Ossett, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2013

The windows had masking tape on them that had been there so long that it was covered in spiders webs. The room was filthy. The shower rail was broken and when reported nothing was done. There was no one available to make breakfast even though we had paid for it. Do not book this hotel it is the worst I have ever come across and the service is appalling.

• Stayed September 2012
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Myself & My Husband married on the 20th July this year we booked in here as it was close to where we was having our reception and close to home for us to get back the next day so we could go on our honeymoon. When I phoned up and booked the hotel we was never told to take any Identification with us. I was still in my wedding dress and my husband still had his suit on when we arrived the staff member asked us our name & if we had ID I told him we had never been told to take ID. He was very rude and said no ID no room. I tried on numerous occasions to contact the manager who has only just got back to me today. On numerous occasions I have had the phone put down on me by the staff. All the manager was bothered about was the fact I had gone to the papers about this. He didn't apologize, he was rude and extremely arrogant. He told me I had to check travel lodges and any other hotels policies about ID. As you can imagine myself & My husband are very angry & upset about this considering it was our wedding day the staff are not bothered. My point is they never told us and if you have never stayed there before how are you meant to know. If you want mistreating then go stay at this hotel as they obviously don't care about how they treat there customers. They are EXTREMELY RUDE & ARROGANT

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morley
Healey Hotel