“Won't come again”

Ranked #20 of 24 Sakhu B&B and Inns
Hong Kong, China
“Won't come again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

We booked this hotel through Agoda because we were ariving late at 11:40pm and just wanted a place to stay for the night. We have emailed the hotel directly to ask for their free shuttle, they gave us a phone no. to call after arrivial.
We called but no one picked up the phone, then I have to called the hotel phone no. on the voucher, a lady picked up and we said we were waiting. After 5 minutes, the car came but the car is too small for 6 of us plus the luggage. So we had to make 2 trips to the hotel.
We were stunned when we got there, it was located in the middle of nowhere, especially it was rainning heavily at the time.
After we all got together, suddenly there was no electricity.....we were tired, wanted to shower....
We had to call the stuffs loudly as they were all hiding in their room. We had to requested for extra candles.....after more than an hour, the electricity came back...it was already like 2,3am.
We had a rough sleep as there was no lock on the sliding doors......
The room was large with TV, hot water, toilet..
The family working there speak very poor English, it is total not i expected from seeing their website.
No recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

My partner and I booked this hotel (if you could call it that) through wotif.com as we were arriving around 8pm and thought it would be a good idea to get some sleep after traveling all day and then we could get up refreshed in the morning to go to the mercure at patong beach .... Big Mistake !!!! For starters the taxi driver couldn't find the place and when we did I was horrified at the look of this place , there was basically a bbq table with a laptop on it and a woman with a mobile phone and a bag over her shoulder as a reception area .. we were told there had been a double booking and that they had no room for us !! We were stranded on a remote dirt road with a shack next to us that had mangy dogs and cats every where , no phone , no way of walking to anything .. we pretty much said keep our money from the accommodation just get us to another hotel , luckily we only waited 20 mins for the "hotel" car and we checked in somewhere else and paid the extra money .. I don't mind basic but that place was worse than slum !!!!!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank neeny75

Travellers are raving about these Sakhu hotels

Alexandria,va
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

We booked this hotel last minute due to flight cancellations/changes so we were going to arrive at 1 am on Monday instead of 11 am so we just needed someplace for several hours. With that said, the taxi driver had NO idea where this place was which seems to be the consensus on here- we drove up and down sketchy roads in the dark for what felt like hours. FINALLY, we found it! We were let out with our luggage and the taxi driver took off (smart man) because the place is so poorly lit and there is NO reception area nor anyone to check you in- if it weren't for the two random kids lying on the outside couch watching TV we would have been screwed. The oldest child came up to us and looked very perplexed- we tried to explain we had a reservation- he leaves and enters this random "shack" and wakes up a woman who comes out in her PJ's, mumbles something about air-conditioning and takes us to a room- turns the wall unit ac on and leaves. There were NO towels and the TV was broken. But at that point we just wanted to sleep. After my husband tracked down the woman to get us towels I jumped in bed. Well I thought it looked like a bed but it didn't have a mattress!! It was only a box spring with a flat sheet over and a thin duvet cover- WTF! I was in tears at this point (after 24 hrs of travel time) I just wanted to sleep on something slightly softer than the floor!! Good thing we had the towels because we put those on top of the "bed" and tried to sleep. Neither of us slept so once the sun came up we showered and per our reservation confirmation it stated that breakfast was included (which was great because there were NO food places anywhere near by). So I went out and inquired about breakfast- they brought us two cafeteria trays with eggs, bacon and toast (pretty good) and we ate on the floor. On our way out the woman claimed we owed her 300 THB for breakfast. My husband showed her our reservation confirmation that breakfast was included but she just kept insisting we owed her money- at this point I was over our horrid experience and told him to just pay her so we could get the hell out of there. I hardly ever write a review but I couldn't let their website mislead anyone else into thinking this is a decent place to stay!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kcrandell_1117
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2013

I booked here because we were flying in late (11.50) - as per advertised on the website I emailed them to come and pick us up.
They didn't.
The taxis didn't even know where the place was - and when we eventually found it (taxi driver had to phone 3 times to get directions) they were fully booked so they wanted to transfer us to a "sister" hotel. Another 10 minute drive to that place....
Upon arrival we were rather annoyed and tired - they wanted to charge us an astomonical amount (2300 baht) for the room - we decided to abandon the place and find somewhere else (considering it was 1.15 am at this point - says all you need to know....)

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RCumming
Tehran, Iran
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2012

I had read in TA website a lot about good location of this hotel but in my opinion it was hard to find the hotel even by taxi!
We arrived at 10:00 pm and got a taxi from taxi stop near airport but the driver hardly found the hotel after calling them several times! and at that time I scared a little (I don't know why but the road towards the hotel was very dark and the hotel entrance was not look like a hotel!)

The room was very very simple but clean. they provided 2 bottle drinking water, Electrical Kettle and instant coffee. one double and one single bed. and 2 small soups in the bathroom.
I didn't have many expectations from this hotel and just wanted to stay the night at this hotel to be ready to start our wonderful trip to Cheow Lan Lake in the next morning.
Thanks to Simon - Hotel Manager - for helping me for advance booking with cash payment.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

I stayed only one night here as I have a late landing in Phuket. I was told that the free pick up service advertised on Agoda wasn't available any more due to changes in rules by the police and airport authorities, which was annoying as that's the main reason I booked it.

However, when I landed I was met by a driver who then took me free of charge to the hotel (around five minutes away). The hotel itself felt like it was down quite a few back streets, but then I guess a lot of places are in Thailand. The rooms were clean and the bathroom had a hit water shower so it was of fair standard.

However, I was not given a room key, and the rooms only had sliding doors directly onto the garden. The lock from the inside did not feel very secure and as a female traveller on my own I did not feel safe. The hotel did not have a reception or anywhere obvious to go to ask for help so I just had to put up with it. I also felt the hotel was very expensive for what it was.

I wouldn't advise a single person to stay here, but it's fine for a night before or after a flight and fairly comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Helen P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sakhu
Airport Mansion Phuket
Maya Phuket Hotel
#9 of 9 in Nai Yang
Nai Yang Place - Phuket Airport
Marina Express-Aviator-Phuket Airport

Been to Phuket Airport 24/7 Hotel? Share your experiences!