“I don't understand the bad review??!! Was perfect idea”

and 1 more site!
Phuket Airport 24/7 Hotel
Ranked #20 of 27 Sakhu B&B and Inns
Australia
“I don't understand the bad review??!! Was perfect idea”
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

Arrived a 6:30pm and only stay for 6 hours as I had a late flight and wanted to have a nap and a shower. Very close to airport. Make sure you have their number to call and organise them to pick you up. They arrive promptly and picked up by who I assume is the international owner.... Perfect English and friendly. Offered to make me food but I declined as I wanted to sleep. Room huge, good wifi. Only problems I could see annoying people are airxon isn't strongest but didn't bother me as I like to be warm and also water was mildly warm but this also didnt bother me as It was refreshing after my nap. Definitely would stay again if I had to fly out of Phuket airport for aud$27 including airport transfer you really can't beat it.....

Annoys me that people do such bad reviews..... It's a budget hotel that provides free airport shuttle come on guys... If you expect more then pay the $70 other hotels were asking hahaha

Would recommend and would return

• Stayed September 2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
london
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

I was supposed to be picked up from the airport late at night but they took ages and I ended up getting in a car for another airport hotel which I thought was mine. Already exhausted so waited outside for the right car to come and get me, he was friendly and said sorry the delay, all forgiven. Except the hotel I had gone to was beautiful and the same price and then I was taken to this hotel, further away and in down some crappy roads. We agreed that he would take me back to the airport at 8am the following day and when I woke up and left my room 10 minutes early he was nowhere to be found. Nobody was!! Breakfast was supposed to be included but there's no staff there and no reflection or any main building. There was some sofas outside and a man asleep on one of them. Very confused I went to the main gate, only to find I was on a dirt road with nobody around. There were two taxis outside but nobody in them. With no Internet, no idea where I was and nobody to ask, I was quite lost. I sat for 5 minutes to figure out a plan and contemplate hunting down one of the taxi drivers or just screaming taxi lol. A kid runs out of one of the rooms and past me into a shack outside, people start to wake up, at 10 past 8 a woman comes out of the room and says something like, my taxi is on it's way, very confused but feeling more positive, I sit and wait for it. Another 10 minutes, I go to knock on the door she came out of, the man who drove me last night comes out and starts going on about a taxi, I reminded him that he had agreed to drive me and that transfers were already included, he got his shoes and drove me there. The room was manky and didn't have a key, it doesn't feel very safe, especially as I was on my own. I would not go back here, not even for a quick over night stay and I don't recommend anybody else to either.

• Stayed July 2013

Travellers are raving about these Sakhu hotels

south australia
Reviewed 28 July 2013

good value for money...nice local family but do not expect luxury for this price. Clean rooms...convenient location for an overnight stay ( 5 min from phuket airport ) hotel will be picking you up shortly. ...after you call them ..note! wait for them by the tmb atm outside arrival terminal! They will drop you off at the airport once you leave again. We would use this small peacefull hotel again. Thanks.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Milla A
lausanne
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Very good stay. Very clean, friendly and simple place just next to the airport. Good Thai food on request. Wifi in the patio but not in the rooms, which is maybe the only weakness of the place but it is also possible to live without being 24/7 connected. Well organised Taxi ride to the airport. Will definitely go back there if I fly again from Phuket.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 13 June 2013

This place was a perfect way to end my trip to Thailand. I actually wish i had stayed more than one night. The rooms were clean and comfortable with good air conditioning and the wifi worked with no problem at all. Welcomed at the gate on arrival by the family we were made to feel right at home. A very short walk to the main road meant we were able to enjoy tasty local food at fantastic prices. I had to be at the airport at 5am the following morning so the location and the courtesy airport shuttle were a bonus to this delightful place. I would highly recommend to those who enjoy real experiences.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 4 June 2013

This was a great place to stay on Monday night prior to flying out to Bangkok the next morning. After staying at the Marriot it was refreshing to stay somewhere down to earth and relaxed. The rooms are set amongst a lovely garden, and alongside trees and away from the daily grind. Half the fun was locating the place, with locals very helpfully pointing us in the right direction. A really warm, friendly and relaxed atmosphere awaited us. Incredibly cheap at less than $28 NZD per night which included air conditioning (that was working perfectly), cable TV (in Thai but we were travelling in Thailand !), drinking water, hot shower, a yummy cooked breakfast for a few extra THB and great company that evening. Our hosts told us of nearby restaurants which were great and very reasonable, selling great traditional Thai meals. The airport is very close by and we were provided with free transport there. If you're looking for something off the beaten track, that is safe, clean and welcoming, alongside very affordable this would be the place for you. I would definitely recommend to those who have travelled before and who like to meet the locals and enjoy the travelling experience (fellow kiwis would love it).

Room Tip: The air conditioned rooms were great.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Chonburi, Thailand
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Wow. This hotel was booked through Agoda for 800 thb/night. I have stayed at other hotels in Thailand that were 400-600 THB, that were way better. I can survive with minimal even dirty hotels...however this hotel is simply a LIE.

1) No Air Conditioning (which makes it impossible to sleep). There are air conditioning units in the room, but they do not work, or need to be cleaned or something because they do not cool the room after an hour on full blast.
2) No Internet. Website and agoda clearly say internet, however the internet is not usable. Wi-fi exists but packet loss is in the 40% to google.com

Stayed here thinking it would be a good idea for a quick stay in-out of the airport, and ended up with a big headache. We ended up instructing our credit card company to reverse the charge, as it is clearly false advertising.

The hotel is in the middle of no where, so once you are here its impossible to get away.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mattfs218
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sakhu
Nai Yang Place - Phuket Airport
Phuket Aiport Suites & Lounge Club 96
Sirikul Mansion
Sirikul Mansion
#394 of 1,037 in Phuket

Been to Phuket Airport 24/7 Hotel? Share your experiences!