“Interesting..nothing like pics”

Phuket Airport 24/7 Hotel
Ranked #21 of 26 Sakhu B&B and Inns
“Interesting..nothing like pics”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We booked this hotel as Agoda Flash Deal as overnight stay when we arrived in Phuket Airport for the night - booked a look simple but clean & had free airport transfer which we gave detials of our flight arrival time to be picked up. Sounds simple - it was not - we arrived - no transfer took 3 phone calls (bet my mobile bill is higher than the room cost!) and english was terrible - we booked as by webpage its say English owned ...mmmm staff have little english. Room ...clean but simple, that was fine & it was pitch back when we arrived & pouring rain - staff too us straight to room & disappeared - Shower was luke warm & it kept filling up as drain was blocked & bedding - we were supplied with a doona cover (no doona in it ??? - we looked in morning other rooms had doona) air conditioning freezing so I froze all night as not warm enough!! In morning, we woke to what looked like a contruction site - OMG is all I can say& had to wake someone at 8.30am as we had no idea where we were to be able to get transfer to taxi or bus to our next destination. Yet again no english had to get someone else even thought they were on what was called "reception" Do not recommend - very very basic, glad we did not pay full price is all I can say...positive was the room was clean & bed comfortable just would nice to have some sort of blanket !!!

Room Tip: Dont book here - we had no idea where we were - it was in the "boondocks" near the airport...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
FLY_Manager, Manager at Phuket Airport 24/7 Hotel, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
I would like to comment on some of the issues mentioned in this review:

Airport pick-up service - our web-site and agency listings clearly state that the customer must call to request our free shuttle service after they have collected their luggage. Due to airport building works, it is no longer possible for hotel courtesy cars to wait within the airport car-park for their customers.

English owner - Whilst the owner is English, it does not follow that he will be available to greet arriving guests. This guest arrived late at night and the owner (myself) was no doubt already in bed, but on-call if the customer required it. I apologize for the night staff's lack of English skills.

Air conditioning - The air-con had been turned on prior to the guest's arrival to cool the room. Rather than endure a cold night, most of our guests use the supplied remote control to adjust the air-con temperature up or down to suit their needs, or even turn it off. Phuket has a mean temperature in the high 20's, so it should not be necessary to keep the air-con at a low setting.

Building works - the hotel is currently being expanded to meet demand. There would have been no construction noise at that time of day, but I apologize if the site of the construction workers and equipment shocked this guest. I should comment that as owner, I get up at 6.00am to see off departing guests.

Location - the hotel is located about 1km from the airport, as is clearly shown on the map on our web-site and all booking agents that we use. Since this guest arrived from the airport very late and returned early to the airport - both trips provided free by our shuttle service, I am not sure how relevant our 'boondocks' location is, since the guest did not make use of any attractions in the local area.

Simon

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 17 October 2013

we stayed for one night, arriving very late, at around 1am into Phuket airport, the hotel picked us up for free from the airport, and when we arrived Simon the owner was very helpful with telling us how to make our onward journey to Ko Lanta, his driver dropped us off at the van station the next morning for 250baht.

my girlfriend left her phone in the room and Simon posted it to us in Ko Lanta free of charge! what service.

oh and the room was lovely

highly recomended

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel offers a free airport pickup service if you call them in person (they do not receive notes from Expedia eg. So contact them directly. The rooms were big and clean. The British/Australian owner was very friendly and helpful. This is a very nice hotel to stay for a night near the airport.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Australia
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

Arrived a 6:30pm and only stay for 6 hours as I had a late flight and wanted to have a nap and a shower. Very close to airport. Make sure you have their number to call and organise them to pick you up. They arrive promptly and picked up by who I assume is the international owner.... Perfect English and friendly. Offered to make me food but I declined as I wanted to sleep. Room huge, good wifi. Only problems I could see annoying people are airxon isn't strongest but didn't bother me as I like to be warm and also water was mildly warm but this also didnt bother me as It was refreshing after my nap. Definitely would stay again if I had to fly out of Phuket airport for aud$27 including airport transfer you really can't beat it.....

Annoys me that people do such bad reviews..... It's a budget hotel that provides free airport shuttle come on guys... If you expect more then pay the $70 other hotels were asking hahaha

Would recommend and would return

• Stayed September 2013
london
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

I was supposed to be picked up from the airport late at night but they took ages and I ended up getting in a car for another airport hotel which I thought was mine. Already exhausted so waited outside for the right car to come and get me, he was friendly and said sorry the delay, all forgiven. Except the hotel I had gone to was beautiful and the same price and then I was taken to this hotel, further away and in down some crappy roads. We agreed that he would take me back to the airport at 8am the following day and when I woke up and left my room 10 minutes early he was nowhere to be found. Nobody was!! Breakfast was supposed to be included but there's no staff there and no reflection or any main building. There was some sofas outside and a man asleep on one of them. Very confused I went to the main gate, only to find I was on a dirt road with nobody around. There were two taxis outside but nobody in them. With no Internet, no idea where I was and nobody to ask, I was quite lost. I sat for 5 minutes to figure out a plan and contemplate hunting down one of the taxi drivers or just screaming taxi lol. A kid runs out of one of the rooms and past me into a shack outside, people start to wake up, at 10 past 8 a woman comes out of the room and says something like, my taxi is on it's way, very confused but feeling more positive, I sit and wait for it. Another 10 minutes, I go to knock on the door she came out of, the man who drove me last night comes out and starts going on about a taxi, I reminded him that he had agreed to drive me and that transfers were already included, he got his shoes and drove me there. The room was manky and didn't have a key, it doesn't feel very safe, especially as I was on my own. I would not go back here, not even for a quick over night stay and I don't recommend anybody else to either.

• Stayed July 2013

Travellers are raving about these Sakhu hotels

south australia
Reviewed 28 July 2013

good value for money...nice local family but do not expect luxury for this price. Clean rooms...convenient location for an overnight stay ( 5 min from phuket airport ) hotel will be picking you up shortly. ...after you call them ..note! wait for them by the tmb atm outside arrival terminal! They will drop you off at the airport once you leave again. We would use this small peacefull hotel again. Thanks.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Milla A
lausanne
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Very good stay. Very clean, friendly and simple place just next to the airport. Good Thai food on request. Wifi in the patio but not in the rooms, which is maybe the only weakness of the place but it is also possible to live without being 24/7 connected. Well organised Taxi ride to the airport. Will definitely go back there if I fly again from Phuket.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sakhu
Airport Mansion Phuket
BS Airport at Phuket
BS Airport at Phuket
#9 of 20 in Sakhu
Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach

Been to Phuket Airport 24/7 Hotel? Share your experiences!