A friend and I stayed here about a month ago, in early February '14. This special place was one of the "All-Stars" in our SE Asian line up.
First, let me comment on the owner, Bobbi-Jo, who repeatedly put in extra effort to make sure our stay was enjoyable. Months before the trip, she would respond to emails quickly, answering any questions I might have. She arranged our trip to and from Koh Phi Phi Don island and airport transport so we didn't have to deal with the logistics. She made sure that our driver from the airport was there at 2 AM, even when our flight was massively delayed (what a relief that was to scan the crowd of clamoring taxi drivers and see my name on a piece of paper!!!) She introduced us to her family, who happened to be staying at the same time as us. In short, she made the place feel a little more like home.
Secondly, the property/rooms were exactly what I was looking for. Unpretentious, yet clean and nicely kept. There are a few (maybe 9 or so?) bungalows that dot the property, circling a swimming pool/lounge area and a nice little bar area that serves as a fun place to unwind and put down a coupla Changs. The rooms were air conditioned, clean, spacious, and nicely kept up.
Lastly, there were a few "extras" that really made this place shine. Her staff is always out and about, so if you have a question or are in need of something, they are ready to help. They also supply you with umbrellas and towels if you choose to go to the local beach. Lastly, they have a small breakfast and sandwich menu if you don't want to venture out early in the day for food.
One thing I will note, it is a bit off the beaten path. This is not necessarily a bad thing--in fact, that's part of the appeal that you're "away from it all". However, if you're hoping to be able to walk into Phuket town, or walk to a local beach, this is a bit far. Bobbi-Jo and co. do a great job of shuttling you around to nearby places, such as a local beach and restaurant, but anything beyond that you'll have to arrange transport for. Again, this was not huge issue, but a heads' up from me to future travelers.
All in all, I heartily recommend Sansuko Ville! Cheers to Bobbi!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located between Phuket Town and idyllic Cape Panwa within a local Thai fishing are nine individual air conditioned bungalows set around a crystal blue swimming pool within tropical gardens. Only minutes away from secluded beaches, stunning views, local restaurants and markets selling fish straight off the boat. A short motorbike or car ride will take you into the heart of Phuket Town with wonderful nightlife, restaurants and shopping. For the more adventurous explore the surrounding tropical rain forests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sansuko Ville Bungalow Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sansuko Ville Bungalow Hotel Phuket Town
- Sansuko Ville Bungalow Resort Phuket, Thailand