This hotel was in the right place for our trip and provided very good accommodation. The staff were friendly and helpful. The Harvester next door provided a convenient nearby source of a good evening meal and the continental breakfast in the hotel itself was good value and quality.
The negatives were:
1) The drain for the shower cubicle seemed to be partially blocked threatening to cause an overflow. Since we stayed for a single night only, we've no idea how quickly this was resolved.
2) It was a very warm day and night and the room lacked air conditioning. We stayed at another Premier Inn a few days later and they provided fans which helped us keep cooler and they had closed the curtain to help reduce the temperature build-up. Also, this 2nd Premier Inn offered sheets instead of a duvet for the hot night.
3) Charging for Internet access and not giving information about the security of the WiFi service provided. I can't see why it's necessary to charge for Internet access, it feels like a penny-pinching policy. Rather than pay for Internet access for the 2 of us, I brought my own Mobile WiFi device (MiFi on 3 Mobile network) which gave me 3GB of data valid for a month for £15, and I knew it would support up to 5 devices (we had 2x SmartPhones and 2x tablets). Since we were staying at 4 different locations (2 Premier Inn, 2 independent), the MiFi provided best value, security and reliability of service. If the WiFi provided by Premier Inn was free and secure, I'd use it instead of having to bring my own MiFi device. The free 30 mins was not worth using given that we would be using the Internet much of the evening and we needed to be sure the connection was secure (not sure there was any info from Premier Inn about the security of the WiFi offered?).
Despite the above negatives, we'd stay there again as the staff were very friendly and helpful, the food provided was of good quality and value, and the room was pretty good overall with a comfortable bed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Convenient whether you're flying through Luton or heading for Harry Potter at Warner Bros Studios. Catching a 747 or fancy a great break 24/7? Premier Inn Hotel Luton South (M1, J9) is ideal for Luton Airport and for plenty of tourist sites and entertainment too. So whether you're jetting off or staying put, you'll find we're a great place to stay. Watch the penguins catch fish at Whipsnade Zoo or catch one of your favourite bands at Wembley Arena. Take the kids to see the wizardry behind the Harry Potter films at the Warner Bros Studios, or just enjoy a peaceful stroll over Dunstable Downs. Then come back to the hotel for some lovely food at the Harvester restaurant next to our hotel and a great night's sleep in a comfy bed, and choose to wake up to start your day with Breakfast within our Premier Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Premier Inn and Evoline ltd so you can book your Premier Inn Luton South (M1, J9) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Luton South (m1, Jct 9) Hotel Flamstead
- Premier Inn Saint Albans
- Holiday Inn Saint Albans