Stayed here for a conference 2 nights, 3 days. The reception area and bars were nicely decorated and comfortable. Trying to find my room on the third floor was not easy. There is no direct access so you have to get a lift to the second floor, walk along a corridor and go up in another lift. The room itself was comfortable. It needed a bit of a spruce up, felt a bit tired but lots of things that had the guest in mind, full sized mirror, good quality hairdryer with proper lighting, bath with shower and shower attachment. Comfortable bed. Breakfast was plentiful.. Full buffet and choice of freshly cooked items. Breakfast manager was very helpful, lots of coffee top ups, very cheerful. We had two lunches and they were very tasty with good choice. The dinner on the first night was a bit hit and miss, we had Barnsely chop which was very fatty and had a big bone in the middle. Second night was better and the service was very good. The only big issue with this hotel is the bar prices. £7 for a glass (small) of wine and £7 for a G & T. Bit pricey if you are buying a round. The golf course looked amazing but unfortunately didnt have the chance to try it. In general, the staff were very friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The sweeping driveway leads up to one of the grandest entrances in Yorkshire, where you’re met by a very warm welcome from our concierge. This unique 18th century former family home has beautiful landscaped gardens and lawns. Inside you’ll find grand staircases, 152 bedrooms, a state-of-the-art spa & fitness club and private function rooms. Dining at Oulton is a treat for the senses. From the classic Yorkshire afternoon tea served by the butler in the Drawing Room, to Champagne on the terrace, or a steak from the Calverley Grill.If you’re interested in the outdoors there are many activities that can be arranged. Or golfers of any level will find challenge in the 27 holes that are the meandering fairways and perfect greens of The Calverley and Hall Courses. Raise your game even further with the North’s leading golf facility in the Nike Academy. As well as custom fitting, the Academy uses the latest technology to significantly improve your game. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Oulton Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Oulton Hall Hotel Oulton
- De Vere Oulton Hall Leeds
- Oulton Hall Leeds
- Oulton Hall & Spa Yorkshire