Oulton Hall & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
2,781 results
All reviewschampagne bargolf breakafternoon teaq hotelsevening mealmain restaurantdrawing roompublic roomsgolf clubhousesteam roomhotel is beautifulleisure facilitiesleisure clubbirthday treatrelaxing breakbuffet stylean overnight stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We recently got married at Oulton Hall and I can honestly say it was the most amazing day!
We arrived on the Friday and we booked 6 suites for ourselves, bridesmaids and ushers. The rooms were very spacious with superb views!
Our wedding on the Saturday was perfect from the start of the day until the very end. Graham, the wedding co-ordinator was absolutely fab. He made sure our day was perfect and just as we had planned!
The food throughout the day was delicious from our canapés through to our buffet at night!
Thank you to all the staff who helped make our day so special. Karim, the waiter was such a joy to have around. He even delivered fresh strawberries to our room on my wedding morning to put in our champagne!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank emmagus123
Claire S, Front Office Manager at Oulton Hall & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

We are so pleased you Chose Oulton hall on your special day. I would like to extern our congratulations.

I have personally passed on your kind comments to the staff mentioned.

We hope to see you back for your first anniversary.

Kind regards

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have visited Oulton Hall annually for the last few years. It is a good hotel in a lovely location - at least when the sun is shining as it was this time. The facilities are good - managed to borrow some clubs to try out the driving range - and the staff are all really friendly and helpful. The rooms are adequately sized but well equipped (coffee/trouser press/iron, etc.) and it is nice to see that hotel wide WiFi is included in the price now. My only issue this time was that the car park was a little full and I ended up parked up at the golf centre, but that is a minor quibble. I'm sure I will be returning again next year and look forward to it.

Room Tip: The corridors can be quite long(!) If you can't cope with the stairs make sure to ask for a room nearer to reception.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Navmonkey

We look forward to welcoming you back for another annual stay with us at Oulton Hall. Lets hope the sun is shining and you can make the most of the golf facilities again.

Kind regards

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Just returned from an overnight stay DBB deal. Due to unforeseen circumstances we had to reschedule our dates, the staff, in particular (Gina) we amazing and accommodating to our predicament. Ian and Graeme were also very helpful with transport. All the staff are very polite and professional. The Hall has character, the grounds lovely. Food and service excellent. We will certainly be frequent flyers at De Vere Hotels.

Room Tip: Best if you specify a particular if you want a room with a view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank S1u2e3

Thank you for your Review. The staff were very please to read your kind comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Oulton Hall.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Booked for my wife and myself via Travelzoo. Good deal and we upgraded (at extra cost) to a deluxe double.
Arrival and check in was painless. This is a big hotel so we had quite a walk to our room. The room was large but on a warm afternoon the window could only be opened a few inches. The view was of the flat roof of the conference centre so we didn't see much of the 'elegant grounds' (it's a golf course anyway). The room smelled of smoke and cigarette ends on the flat roof suggest what previous occupants had been using the small window opening for. The hotel is listed as no smoking throughout.
Part of the package is fluffy robes, mineral water and a newspaper in the room. None were supplied and when I enquired with housekeeping I was told that they had been told that these should no longer be supplied in the rooms. If this is the case then the hotel web site needs updating. Or was this a Travelzoo special? They were supplied when requested.
The dinner that is part of the deal at the Claret Jug is not in the hotel but at the nearby golf clubhouse. The menu there is limited but Travelzoo package customers have a more limited menu. An example of a main course on this 'special' menu was venison sausage, pomme purée and jus. I am reluctant to accept that sausage, mashed potato and gravy is proper main course.You can of course pay more to go a la carte and we did. However this proved to be little better.
There are many chances to pay more as the drinks etc are luxury hotel pricey and upgrades and additional extras are readily available.
Breakfast was served in the main hotel restaurant and was possibly the highlight food wise but the coffee was tepid and didn't taste nice.
Overall I wasn't impressed. It wouldn't take a great deal to improve vastly and I suspect a general change of attitude to the customer would help.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kalamaki-Rob
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Lovely Hotel, have stayed there twice recently for night away with my wife. Lovely pool, fantastic champagne bar and the steak for evening meal was just superb. For a pamper yourself night or weekend away this place cannot be beaten - just 15 minutes drive from Leeds Centre

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple