Oulton Hall & Spa
Holiday Inn Express Leeds East(Leeds)(Great Value!)
US$57
Travelodge Leeds Colton(Leeds)(Great Value!)
US$49
Travelodge
US$93
US$81
US$127
US$106
Hotels.com
Premier Inn Leeds East Hotel(Leeds)(Great Value!)
US$76
PremierInn.com
Travelocity
US$74
US$71
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
2,807 results
All reviewschampagne bargolf breakafternoon teaq hotelsevening mealmain restaurantdrawing roompublic roomsgolf clubhousesteam roomhotel is beautifulleisure facilitiesleisure clubbirthday treatrelaxing breakbuffet stylean overnight stay
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed here for one night - overall it is a nice venue, specifically the public areas in the 'old' parts of the hotel, the hotel rooms are obviously all an added build on, and are getting a bit tired and in need of re furbishment now, especially the bathrooms, a lot of the rooms fixtures and fittings have seen better days. The food I had here was fine but nothing special. A positive element is the wifi which works well and the Aran aromatics toiletries. Staff were all helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Claire S, Front Office Manager at Oulton Hall & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thank you for your review. We do hope to continue the refurbishment in the near future.

I do hope this will not deter you from visiting in the future.

Kid regards

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This was booked for my partners birthday as a spa weekend treat. From the first moment the staff were friendly and courteous. The hotel was clean and roomy despite the presence of a wedding, a hen party and a Turkish football team also stating there.

Once checked in our room was found to be excellent, spotless, and in a good location to lifts and the spa complex itself. I had booked a several treatments for my partner and whilst see was enjoying those i took advantage of the sauna, swimming pool and jacuzzi where she joined me later.

WE had an evening meal in the Calverley Grill which the service and quality of food was superb. After being fed royally, we adjourned to the bar for the rest of the evening where the pleasant atmosphere was very relaxing and just the job. My only gripe is we thought the drinks were a little pricey.

We awoke next morning and headed off for a wonderful full English breakfast before going for my partners final spa treatment. She thoroughly enjoyed the spa experience and would have no hesitation in returning to Oulton Hall.

All in all, a wonderful weekend break for us both.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ian H

Thank you for your kind review, especially your comments regarding the Calverley Grill. I will be sure to pass them on.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Oulton Hall.

Kind regards

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I recently stayed for a conference with work. There were problems from start to finish. The room was shabby, with chipped and worn-out furniture. It hadn't been dusted properly and there was a lot of mould in the grout between the shower tiles. The room was stuffy and the window wouldn't stay open without something to wedge it open. The reception staff were efficient but lacked the level of service you would expect. They struggled to find my bag when I came to leave. I parked in the car park at the front, and when I collected it to leave, a snotty note had been left on the windscreen informing me I should have parked further away from the hotel. A foreign TV crew had been allowed to film with no limitations put on when or where - the commotion from their activities was a frequent disturbance. The wifi was intermittent and slow.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Sara O
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Booked at short notice to stay in a suite, emailed the hotel to enquire about best price and was told a better rate would be given, sadly this was not. Additionally the bed in he room was that uncomfortable that I slept on the floor, upon reporting this to reception I was told "oh dear we'll let housekeeping know" and to add insult to injury still no offer to refund any of the price for the room. Not very good customer service given this was one of the the most expensive rooms in the hotel and the purpose of the trip was to see about a future booking for a very large special event.

On he plus side the champagne bar staff were great, the food in the restaurant was wonderful and the spa treatments very relaxing. But it's hard to enjoy all of this when one has only had 1 hour sleep1

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stuart H
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed here two nights on business. The staff are attentive and very pleasant, even had helo with carrying my bags to my room as I had laptop, handbag and everything else.
The night I arrived there was a school prom being held, apart from one or two teachers you would not have known. There was a but of noise outside but it was turned off by 11.
The pianist in the lobby was a really nice surprise.
I chose to dine in the bar area, and even ate outside, there are a couple of different dining areas.
Food and drink was good, the prices of the drinks seemed a little high if I was to stay on a non business trip.
Room was very comfortable, you can tell they have put a lot of effort into refurbishing them. The bathrooms did let it down, they were very clean just dated next to the rooms. I am sure that this is in the plans for this hotel. The bed was so comfy!! I nearly didn't get up on day two.
I used the gym whislt stayin here, I didn't find it busy so was able to use any machines. The pool is quite small and not really one you can swim lengths in, but nice to relax.
I can't comment on the golf facilities, but it is an obvious draw for this hotel.
As long as mid week rates are fair then I will be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank cbanks86
Claire S, Front Office Manager at Oulton Hall & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

I am so please to read you enjoyed you stay at Oulton Hall. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Kind regards