“Great location,lovely hotel”
Review of Oulton Hall & Spa

Oulton Hall & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oulton
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Travelled up for a one night stay and two rounds of golf. The first course we played was quite challenging, the greens were quite poor but still an enjoyable round. Second course was different, the greens were good and the course was a good challenge. The room was a fair size, the bed was very comfortable the en-suite could do with a bit of tlc. The restaurant was excellent and the food was very good,great choice and all piping hot. The staff were all very helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them. The hotel is easily accessed from the M62 .

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,708)

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We got a good deal, booking direct with de vere for dinner, bed and breakfast, plus 2 rounds of golf.

Golf course was in great condition. There was a few people on the course so we couldn't go as fast as we wanted, but the weather was lush so we didn't mind waiting.

Rooms were good, spa, pool etc very good.

We had dinner in the claret jug and we were happy with it. We could have had dinner in the restaurant but we were keen to be a bit less formal.

Breakfast first class as normal for de vere.

Would recommend and will be back!!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed here with my wife in July for a business gala dinner. I had played golf in the morning and whilst not a bad course it's condition isn't superb compared to other De Vere courses such as Carden Park (which IMO is a nicer complex full stop).
The room was of a reasonable size but was very warm due to the time of year. Furnishings and decor were of a good standard.
we had a couple of drinks on the patio outside the Champage Bar which was very nice and ate at the gala dinner in one of the conference rooms. I must confess that the dinner was very good quality as well.
Had breakfast the following morning which was OK but nothing fantastic.
Would I stay here again - possibly but wouldn't necessarily rush back.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

The staff and service in this hotel is fantastic it was a real pleasure. The reception staff were organised and got us into our room quickly and efficiently with the added bonus of someone helping with our bags. The room was clean and spacious and the bed very comfortable. The breakfast was really great, huge selection to suit anyone's requirements with great waitresses. The only let down was the view from our room. I am not worried about not having an amazing view as not everyone can but looking out onto loads of weeds was a very big disappointment. Luckily the hotel over compensated with everything else. I will be going back and will make an effort to use the spa facilities next time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Claire S, Front Office Manager at Oulton Hall & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff and service. I have personally shared this with the team as all feedback is greatly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you chose to return.

Kind regards

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed here for one night - overall it is a nice venue, specifically the public areas in the 'old' parts of the hotel, the hotel rooms are obviously all an added build on, and are getting a bit tired and in need of re furbishment now, especially the bathrooms, a lot of the rooms fixtures and fittings have seen better days. The food I had here was fine but nothing special. A positive element is the wifi which works well and the Aran aromatics toiletries. Staff were all helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. We do hope to continue the refurbishment in the near future.

I do hope this will not deter you from visiting in the future.

Kid regards

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This was booked for my partners birthday as a spa weekend treat. From the first moment the staff were friendly and courteous. The hotel was clean and roomy despite the presence of a wedding, a hen party and a Turkish football team also stating there.

Once checked in our room was found to be excellent, spotless, and in a good location to lifts and the spa complex itself. I had booked a several treatments for my partner and whilst see was enjoying those i took advantage of the sauna, swimming pool and jacuzzi where she joined me later.

WE had an evening meal in the Calverley Grill which the service and quality of food was superb. After being fed royally, we adjourned to the bar for the rest of the evening where the pleasant atmosphere was very relaxing and just the job. My only gripe is we thought the drinks were a little pricey.

We awoke next morning and headed off for a wonderful full English breakfast before going for my partners final spa treatment. She thoroughly enjoyed the spa experience and would have no hesitation in returning to Oulton Hall.

All in all, a wonderful weekend break for us both.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ian H

Thank you for your kind review, especially your comments regarding the Calverley Grill. I will be sure to pass them on.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Oulton Hall.

Kind regards

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I recently stayed for a conference with work. There were problems from start to finish. The room was shabby, with chipped and worn-out furniture. It hadn't been dusted properly and there was a lot of mould in the grout between the shower tiles. The room was stuffy and the window wouldn't stay open without something to wedge it open. The reception staff were efficient but lacked the level of service you would expect. They struggled to find my bag when I came to leave. I parked in the car park at the front, and when I collected it to leave, a snotty note had been left on the windscreen informing me I should have parked further away from the hotel. A foreign TV crew had been allowed to film with no limitations put on when or where - the commotion from their activities was a frequent disturbance. The wifi was intermittent and slow.

3  Thank Sara O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oulton
Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa
Holiday Inn Express Leeds East
Rudding Park Hotel
Rudding Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Follifoot

Been to Oulton Hall & Spa? Share your experiences!