I booked a travelzoo deal for myself and my daughter (well two deals actually - a spa day and an overnight stay, and combined them). I paid 209 in total and this was to include two treatments each, overnight stay, dinner in the claret jug and breakfast. After reading some of the reviews I was a bit worried about the rooms but we were not disappointed. We stayed in room 244. It was a lovely spacious room, spotlessly clean with twin beds (very comfy with immaculate white bedding) dressing table, drawers a matching unit containing a safe and a fridge, two comfy armchairs and a coffee table. Bathroom was really nice too with spotless thick white towels.
The hotel itself is a very impressive building, with lovely grounds allvery well maintained.
The spa is quite small but very nice with an outdoor seating area which we enjoyed as it was a hot day. Only three loungers by the pool - disappointing - but there really wasn't much space to add any more. Our treatments were fab, the beauticians were very professional and courteous and we enjoyed every minute.
The claret jug is the golf club restaurant. It's nicely done out with a lovely decked balcony overlooking the golf course. The menu was limited but I have the say the service was dreadful. After ordering our drinks we waited around twenty minutes for them to be brought to our table. Main course and sweets took ages too. Food was ok, but nothing special.
Breakfast was lovely, it's a buffet which seems to put some people off, but we really enjoyed it. Lots of fresh fruits, nice breads, cheeses, pastries etc plus the full English option which was all presented very well. You could also order specials from the menu ie kippers or scrambled egg and smoked salmon. The staff were very busy but polite and friendly.
All in all, despite the disappointment of the claret jug, we had a lovely time and would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The sweeping driveway leads up to one of the grandest entrances in Yorkshire, where you’re met by a very warm welcome from our concierge. This unique 18th century former family home has beautiful landscaped gardens and lawns. Inside you’ll find grand staircases, 152 bedrooms, a state-of-the-art spa & fitness club and private function rooms. Dining at Oulton is a treat for the senses. From the classic Yorkshire afternoon tea served by the butler in the Drawing Room, to Champagne on the terrace, or a steak from the Calverley Grill.If you’re interested in the outdoors there are many activities that can be arranged. Or golfers of any level will find challenge in the 27 holes that are the meandering fairways and perfect greens of The Calverley and Hall Courses. Raise your game even further with the North’s leading golf facility in the Nike Academy. As well as custom fitting, the Academy uses the latest technology to significantly improve your game. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Oulton Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Oulton Hall Hotel Oulton
- De Vere Oulton Hall Leeds
- Oulton Hall Leeds
- Oulton Hall & Spa Yorkshire