“Elegance & Charm”

Oulton Hall & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oulton
“Elegance & Charm”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed one night on a Wowcher Deal for my daughters birthday - plus booked a treatment at the Spa.
This hotel has the plus factor when you wish for something a bit more special. From entering ALL staff, in every area of the hotel made you feel welcome and were there to help in any way. The hotel is full of charm, furnished to a good standard. Our standard room was lovely and had every facility required Room 147. The hotel is large with long corridors, but people with specific needs would be accommodated should they express this at the time of booking.
We ate in the Carvery Restaurant and the food and service was excellent. Yes the bar drinks and the food may be more expensive than some hotels I have stayed in, but to maintain the standards we experienced it was well worth it.
Our spa experience was again lovely, special individual treatments, robes slippers etc. a leisure pool with sauna, steam room and jacuzzis. My only criticism would be that the changing rooms need some attention, lockers that do not work, loose hooks etc (this appears to be a well used area open to the public/membership).
The hotel was very busy with a wedding on both the Saturday and the Sunday, however this did not impact on our visit. The attention and service we received was great and we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Lynneon
JM M, Manager at Oulton Hall & Spa, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your great Review and your fantastic comments about the team, especially the food and service in the Calverly Grill and the treatments in our Spa at Oulton.
The Hotel is a great place to stay and visit the surrounding areas and we are delighted you will be coming back to visit us again soon.
Next time you visit, let me know it would be nice to say hello personally.

Thanks again and best wishes,

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
Huddersfield
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a very enjojable two day-break, and I must say the service and pleasantness of ALL the staff were exemplary. Although we only booked a 'Classic' room it was spacious, clean and well equipped with a 'fridge and two comfortable armchairs; a large modern T.V. (with Sky sports!) and a king-size bed completed our comfort.
Breakfasts were hot, if chosen, and nicely varied. The evening meals weren't quite of the same high standard in either of the two attractive restaurants but were still well above average.
We will certainly return.

Room Tip: Choose a high room for the views.
2 Thank robinsontar
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your review, we really appreciate your time. Great to see you enjoyed the room and the Buffet Breakfast and that the staff looked after you! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best wishes and thanks again,

Telford
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Me and my partner took a two day trip to leeds/York and chose oulton hall at last minute on booking.com the hotel was beautiful excellent service and some of the best food I've eaten in a long time I would however suggest booking your room direct with the hotel at the room allocated to booking.com had a view of the bins and had early deliveries which woke me on both days.
The room was clean and otherwise great but next time I stay which I will I will book direct for a better located room all in all excellent spirits available was unbelievable never have I seen such a selection of single malts I had the isle of Jura whilst my fiancée had cocktails all ver we'll made by a barman whose name I'm not aware of either way the mrs loved them great location beautiful grounds well worth a stay

Dear Guest,

Thanks very much for your positive review, we really appreciate you taking the time. It was nice to read how much you and your partner enjoyed your break with us and how you enjoyed the beautiful grounds, great service and food - Hope to see you again soon and the Team will be delighted to hear your kind words.

Very best wishes,

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Just got back from 2 day break. Had a great time staff very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and bed very comfortable. Drinks a bit pricey but what you would expect in any other place like this. Spa treatments were full so book early, pool and steam rooms clean.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel following your recent visit. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and delighted you found the team to be so friendly and helpful. The Spa can get very busy during peak periods so it's always advisable to book early - we hope to see you again soon for a relaxing Spa break!

Thanks and best wishes,

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We have just spent a weekend at this amazing luxury hotel. Oulton Hall is magnificent, beautifully maintained with stunning interiors and landscaped exterior. Upon arrival we could not have been made to feel more welcome, we had been room upgraded with complementary bottle of prosseco. The staff could not have done enough for us. We spent the afternoon relaxing in the bar ( there was also a wedding and the staff managed beautifully without looking like they were busy or not giving all guests equal attention) and nothing was to much trouble for staff. We ate in the Calvery Resturant, food was beautiful. Finished our evening in the Champagne Bar and the staff team in there absolutely topped our stay off, Jed is a fantastic cocktail maker and all round entertainer loved the whole team in there on Saturday night you do a great job guys...Thanks for a fantastic weekend we will be booking to come back very soon x

Dear Guest,

Thanks you for your fantastic review! I was delighted to read you enjoyed your visit and very pleased to hear your positive comments about our beautiful grounds, great food and the team -Jed will be especially pleased to read your personal comments regarding his service in the Champagne Bar. We look forward to welcoming you back to Oulton very soon!

Best wishes,

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I am sharing an extremely bad experience with you regarding the Hotel Chain De Vere Village. A Gift Voucher purchased at the Hotel At Oulton Hall near Leeds last December for a Christmas present has not been Honoured. Over 7 months, attempts to book accommodation at Hotels in York Liverpool, Cheshire and Blackpool, has been met with refusal by this company. There is no limit to where this voucher can be spent other than it lasts for only a year and yet hotel after hotel does not recognise this voucher. No explanation from the Company! £100 wasted, Sharp Practice or what as the company has not answered my e-mails

Room Tip: Before buying Gift Vouchers from De Vere please make sure you are able to use them/
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Richard M
Dear Guest,

Firstly, my genuine apologies for your experience with this gift voucher, I cannot understand why you have not received a reply, however, I'm very glad to have the opportunity to now put this right - Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.

If you could contact me directly on joel.may@devere-hotels.com so I can find an appropriate solution to your concerns it would be very helpful.

I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Best wishes,

Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here Friday 8th Aug for one night, we visited the Royal Armouries, so this was a good stop off for the night, On arrival a very impressive Hotel, I was greeted by a very helpful porter,and the reception staff were very helpful and pleasant.The hotel downstairs is very smart and gives off a feeling of Grandeur,we were pleased with our choice of Hotel.We arrived at our room which,was pleasant and very clean and fresh, the only gripe I have is the bath could do with a fresh grout around the top off the bath as it was all black,and the shower on the wall was a little slimey, but after a good run and wipe it was ok. I rang down to reception to ask for our complimentary robes,they were bought to us very quickly,and I asked why they are not in the room as advertised, I was told that they keep getting pinched which I fully understood,again the Minority spoiling it for the Majority.The breakfast was super and full of choice,everything was fresh and very clean around the breakfast tables. I would recommend this hotel, but if you have a drink in the Champagne bar its a little expensive, but a super atmosphere,and the staff were lovely.

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your great Review following your recent visit, I will pass on your kind words to the team, and our Front Office will be very glad to hear you found them so helpful! The Hotel is a great place to stay and visit the surrounding areas from the Royal Armouries to York or Temple Newsham. Next time you visit, let me know it would be nice to say hello personally.

Thanks again and best wishes,

Deputy General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oulton
Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Walton
The Queens - Leeds
The Queens - Leeds
#11 of 87 in Leeds

Been to Oulton Hall & Spa? Share your experiences!