Stayed one night on a Wowcher Deal for my daughters birthday - plus booked a treatment at the Spa.
This hotel has the plus factor when you wish for something a bit more special. From entering ALL staff, in every area of the hotel made you feel welcome and were there to help in any way. The hotel is full of charm, furnished to a good standard. Our standard room was lovely and had every facility required Room 147. The hotel is large with long corridors, but people with specific needs would be accommodated should they express this at the time of booking.
We ate in the Carvery Restaurant and the food and service was excellent. Yes the bar drinks and the food may be more expensive than some hotels I have stayed in, but to maintain the standards we experienced it was well worth it.
Our spa experience was again lovely, special individual treatments, robes slippers etc. a leisure pool with sauna, steam room and jacuzzis. My only criticism would be that the changing rooms need some attention, lockers that do not work, loose hooks etc (this appears to be a well used area open to the public/membership).
The hotel was very busy with a wedding on both the Saturday and the Sunday, however this did not impact on our visit. The attention and service we received was great and we will definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The sweeping driveway leads up to one of the grandest entrances in Yorkshire, where you’re met by a very warm welcome from our concierge. This unique 18th century former family home has beautiful landscaped gardens and lawns. Inside you’ll find grand staircases, 152 bedrooms, a state-of-the-art spa & fitness club and private function rooms. Dining at Oulton is a treat for the senses. From the classic Yorkshire afternoon tea served by the butler in the Drawing Room, to Champagne on the terrace, or a steak from the Calverley Grill.If you’re interested in the outdoors there are many activities that can be arranged. Or golfers of any level will find challenge in the 27 holes that are the meandering fairways and perfect greens of The Calverley and Hall Courses. Raise your game even further with the North’s leading golf facility in the Nike Academy. As well as custom fitting, the Academy uses the latest technology to significantly improve your game. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Oulton Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Oulton Hall Hotel Oulton
- De Vere Oulton Hall Leeds
- Oulton Hall Leeds
- Oulton Hall & Spa Yorkshire