Me and my partner stayed at Oulton Hall for 2 nights as a short getaway break and we thought the hotel was fantastic. The main original building is so grand and decorated magnificently. You will know what I mean if you have stayed there. Reception staff on check in and check out so friendly and couldnt have done any more to help us.
Our room was a standard double and was located in the new part of the hotel located on the back of the original building.
Room was very spacious, with a comfy bed, very clean and all the facilities you expect: tea and coffee, free wi-fi, large tv, bath and shower, iron and ironing board, safe and a fridge which was handy to keep drinks cold in. Rooms also have A/C which was great as we stayed during a week where temps rose to almost 30c.
Downstairs the hotel has 3/4 lounge areas, all of which do something a bit different. One room is for afternoon tea etc..., one is the champagne bar and another is just for relaxing in. Drinks are pricey but you dont expect anything but that staying in a hotel this grand.
Breakfast is served in the main restaurant in the hotel. Couldnt fault it, and plenty of choice, with full english, fruit, hams and cheeses, pastries and cereals. Waiting staff very polite. We didnt eat in the main restaurant for dinner, although it did look nice.
One of the nights we took the decision to eat in the Claret Jug restaurant, which is their less formal dining option. It is a separate building to the hotel and overlooks the golf club. Fantastic setting, but our whole experience was awful and really spoilt our whole trip. There wasnt one major thing that happened but more a series of little things which meant we didnt enjoy ourselves at all, and eating or drinking here isnt cheap (3 course special £30.00! and the cheapest bottle of wine is £20.00). And if you are like me... when you pay a lot of money to eat somewhere you expect it to be fantastic. Without going into every detail this is a summary of the things that spoilt our evening: air conditioning unit dripping on table so had to move, fire alarm going off and had to evacuate because chef burnt something, ingredients missing off meal and had to ask for it, not offered complementary bread and asked and had to wait 5 minutes for it, bringing wrong beer to table, staff rude, chips dropped on floor as being served at table and had to wait for new ones to be done whilst the rest of my dinner got cold and I could go on...
The hotel superb leisure facilities. A big pool, jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, spa and gym, all of which looked brand new.
I would recommend this hotel is anyone, but I wouldnt stay on DBB rate because you will have to eat in the Claret Jug restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The sweeping driveway leads up to one of the grandest entrances in Yorkshire, where you’re met by a very warm welcome from our concierge. This unique 18th century former family home has beautiful landscaped gardens and lawns. Inside you’ll find grand staircases, 152 bedrooms, a state-of-the-art spa & fitness club and private function rooms. Dining at Oulton is a treat for the senses. From the classic Yorkshire afternoon tea served by the butler in the Drawing Room, to Champagne on the terrace, or a steak from the Calverley Grill.If you’re interested in the outdoors there are many activities that can be arranged. Or golfers of any level will find challenge in the 27 holes that are the meandering fairways and perfect greens of The Calverley and Hall Courses. Raise your game even further with the North’s leading golf facility in the Nike Academy. As well as custom fitting, the Academy uses the latest technology to significantly improve your game. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, LateRooms and Cancelon so you can book your Oulton Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Oulton Hall Hotel Oulton
- De Vere Oulton Hall Leeds
- Oulton Hall Leeds
- Oulton Hall & Spa Yorkshire