Stayed at Oulton Hall midweek. The Hotel is situated about 10 miles from Leeds City Centre. It is a very attractive building with golf and spa facilities which we did not use. We did not realise it was a 5star hotel but would have thought a 4 star.
Our room was a standard room and was an ideal size with all facilities. The furniture perhaps was a little tired but everything was immaculately clean. Our room was quite a long walk from reception involving two lifts. Our bed was really comfortable but our sleep was disturbed by a noise which sounded like airconditioning or a fan - we couldnt locate where it was coming from.
The breakfast is excellent with lots of choice. The food was fresh and nicely presented - cereals, fruit, yoghurts, pastries etc.etc. and the cooked breakfast was very well cooked. We could not fault this at all. In fact breakfast was better than the De Vere Hotel nr. Grantham.
The Hotel feels very spacious and there are bars and restaurants to sit and relax. We had very pleasant drinks in the champagne bar but cannot comment on lunch or evening meal as we did not eat here apart from breakfast. The drinks and food, however, are very pricey. We found all staff to be extremely friendly and efficient.
We parked our car in front of the hotel and didnt experience any problems. The car park was very well lit.
We would certainly return to this Hotel as we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The sweeping driveway leads up to one of the grandest entrances in Yorkshire, where you’re met by a very warm welcome from our concierge. This unique 18th century former family home has beautiful landscaped gardens and lawns. Inside you’ll find grand staircases, 152 bedrooms, a state-of-the-art spa & fitness club and private function rooms. Dining at Oulton is a treat for the senses. From the classic Yorkshire afternoon tea served by the butler in the Drawing Room, to Champagne on the terrace, or a steak from the Calverley Grill.If you’re interested in the outdoors there are many activities that can be arranged. Or golfers of any level will find challenge in the 27 holes that are the meandering fairways and perfect greens of The Calverley and Hall Courses. Raise your game even further with the North’s leading golf facility in the Nike Academy. As well as custom fitting, the Academy uses the latest technology to significantly improve your game. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Oulton Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Oulton Hall Hotel Oulton
- De Vere Oulton Hall Leeds
- Oulton Hall Leeds
- Oulton Hall & Spa Yorkshire