“Absolutely Fantastic - second to none”

The Brufords Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Boxgrove B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 April 2012

One of the nicest B&B's we have ever stayed in. Owners very friendly, rooms lovely, wonderful gardens to sit in. Unbeatable breakfast. Would recommend it to everyone! And will definitely be going back. Very peaceful location in a charming village. Great pubs within easy distance for evening grub.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 April 2012

Can't fault anything. The location, the room, the service and the breakfast? Wow! All of the ingredients were locally sourced and delicious. If we ever need to stay in the Chichester area again, I wouldn't hesitate coming back to the Brufords. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Thank-you to the Bruford Family for making us feel so welcome, we loved the private entrance and en-suite rooms
5* accomodation with a homey feel ... we will be back.

Room Tip: All the rooms we saw were beautiful.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Wonderful hospitality and accommodation. The rooms are beautifully designed with every comfort you would need. The owners are super friendly and helpful and the homemade cakes to die for!!!
We stayed here for 10 days while we had builders in and although we weren't on holiday it certainly felt like it, (until we went home!!).
The location is also charming and there is plenty to see nearby if you are on holiday!
Will definitely come back to this B&B, best we've found yet.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2012

What a great find! I'm working near Portsmouth at present and have sampled a few hotels and B&Bs so far, but this is the best.

It's a charming little cottage, set in what I would call a "Midsomer Murders" type location (which I would call a good thing!) with very friendly and helpful owners, who made me feel very welcome from the moment I walked in. Obviously, they've put a lot of effort into ensuring that everything you might need during your stay is available.

The B&B is immaculate and the room I stayed in was small, but very cosy, with old fashioned beams and generally a real homely feel to it. A nice gravel driveway provided a few parking spaces, which is a real bonus. It made great use of the space and had so much more than most hotels have in a room twice the size! There was a skylight with blackout blind (helpful for getting the best nights sleep), a TV and DVD player, numerous washes, lotions, a razor, hot chocolate, fresh fruit, and the continental breakfast was in a small fridge in the room.

There was plenty of choice, cereals, toast, marmalade, jam, yoghurt, grapefruit, tea, coffee, all included in room price. The best thing on offer, was a microwave! I hardly ever see one of these in most B&Bs and hotels I've stayed in, so to be able to nip to the Sainsburys a couple of miles away and pick up a ready meal meant I avoided the hassle of having to find a restaurant or resort to unhealthy fast food!

I realised as I left the next morning that the B&B also has free wi-fi, which I didn't even use! Will remember for next time though.

I would recommend this B&B to anyone, and will definitely be prioritising it on my "wish list" whenever I return to Portsmouth or anywhere nearby for that matter!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 February 2012

The owner was friendly and helpful when booking by phone, and on arrival, made sure I had everything I needed.I was impressed by all the thoughtful little extra touches provided ( toiletries/spare razor kit etc). My ensuite room was clean, pretty and although I stayed on an extremely cold night, beautifully warm. Due to its country location, it was beautifully quiet there and I had a good night's sleep, followed by a good breakfast. I will stay again when in the area next

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank 19dale
Reviewed 6 January 2012

My (American) husband and I stayed here for one night in October and enjoyed it very much. The B&B is situated in a small village with one long main road. The owner couldn't do enough for us and we had a very welcome cup of tea upon arrival. The rooms are all on the ground floor and located around a garden courtyard which is separated into individual garden rooms, one for each bedroom. In sunny weather you could have a private breakfast outside. It wasn't sunny for us but we enjoyed exploring the garden anyway. We had a twin room which was a bit on the small side but was comfortable and warm and had everything you would want. The bathroom was excellent with a lovely shower. The breakfasts were outstanding and we ate in a tiny inside dining room. We took a great walk around Boxgrove Priory and had dinner at a pub a short walk down the road which was also exellent. All round a place to be recommended.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boxgrove
Crouchers Hotel
#2 of 3 in Halnaker
The Fox Goes Free
The Fox Goes Free
#1 of 4 in Charlton

Been to The Brufords Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!