“Great day out for less than we expected”
Review of Playdale Farm Park

Playdale Farm Park
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Cayton
More attraction details
Owner description: Farm park visitor centre,family attraction with farm animals,play areas,gift shop and cafe
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We visited the farm on Father's Day as wee were staying in the area and the weather wasn't great. Heard there was plenty of things to do inside so thought it would be good. Expected to spend a couple of hours there and ended up staying most of day!

We thought the cost of the farm was good - cheaper than we pay at home and with the same level of attractions. The lady on the front desk didn't seem that pleased to see us but that was the only downer of the day. Animals were all out and eager to be fed which delighted my daughter. Lovely to see the eggs hatching and new chicks. Fabulous play areas - both inside and outside. And the barn full of hay bales is ingenuous. My daughter loved the sand put area and we spent a lot of time in there.

We wished we had brought a picnic as there were loads of tables but as we hadn't we used the cafe - my daughter had a lunch bag, and we had a ploughmans lunch and a panini and chips. All was fast, good quality and tasty.

Overall a good day out - really very surprised it wasn't packed for a Sunday!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We're foster carers so often bring the children here when we're staying at our caravan. It's good in that there is plenty to do and the children enjoy it. However, they have put their prices up, which now makes it an expensive day out and to be honest less attractive. Why are adults charged the same as children when the farm is for children? And why is there no family ticket available as this would help with the cost? Also having to pay the same for a 2 yr old as you do for a 5 and 10 yr old isn't fair as they don't get as much out of it. Will now think twice about returning there.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This attraction isn't even worth a rating. Inside play gym is a dump that is very tired and tatty and desperately needs a good clean. There's a hay barn for kids to climb about, sandpit and a yellow climbing /slide area outside. A few animals to finish it off and that's about it. Hardly Cannon Hall Farm but the same entrance fee. To finish it off there's an overpriced cafe with no toilets ( only ones being across the yard and these were filthy) bit inconvenient if your youngster needs to go mid meal as did ours. We went after reading all the raving reviews and were so disappointed I wish I would have took notice of the negative reviews as these were the real deal. The staff are very rude and ignorant and need to learn basic manners. Spent £47 in total and can safely say the biggest waste of money. Save your cash and spend somewhere where it is appreciated and not here.

4  Thank Pam H
playdalefarmpark, Owner at Playdale Farm Park, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

We are always grateful to anyone who takes the time to offer us feed back,good or bad as their is always room for improvement. You described our indoor play area as tired and untidy so I assure you it is cleaned and vacuumed each evening but as we have both a straw barn and sandpits (unlike canon hall) and considering it is a children's play area it is unlikely stay tidy for long.We do try very hard avoid the equipment looking tired and that is why we replaced the entire softplay area and the tractor zone and added the toddler area over winter and have only being in use some 10 or 11 weeks.We apologise for absences of toilets in the cafe and we do appreciate this can cause an inconvenience but do hope you will appreciate that we do not have mains sewage and so toilet facilities in the cafe would require additional sewage treatment facilities and the cost (similar to a one bed flat in town) are prohibitive.I hope I have improved your perception of us al little and assure you we will endeavour to make improvements. Once again thank you for your time.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I visited playdale with my younger brother and sister and grandparents when on holiday last week and it was that good that we ended up visiting for the second time before we left. Children were able to feed the animals who were very gentle and also experience feeding lambs which was good fun. The go karts were a big hit for my brother. Who would have thought you would find fun in a hay barn? But they did, also the play areas had them going for a long time. The caption they have really stuck as we went on a sunny day and an overcast day and it really made no difference as the kids still enjoyed it. We also had dinner at the Cafe which was also very nice. Overall a very good place for children and would recommend it to anyone who is considering to go.

1  Thank Bethany2050
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Spent the day here recently with my 2 children aged 3 and 10.
£5.75 each seemed a good amount considering you can pay that just to enter a soft play centre for 2 hours play.
The animals were all friendly and my 3 year old really loved the baby goats and spent most of her day with them.
Thought it was really nice that children could get hands on with the lamb feeding.
Everywhere was well kept and clean, especially the lovely soft sand in the sand pit area. I would thoroughly recommend this place to anyone and can't wait to go again.

1  Thank AmandaRutter