“Afternoon trip out”

Stained Glass Centre
Ranked #3 of 5 things to do in Cayton
More attraction details
Owner description: The Stained Glass Centre is open daily throughout the year 10am til 5pm.You can browse our showroom and exhibition area and then relax in our tearoom or gardens and enjoy our homemade refreshments.
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Tea room was amazing their scones and cakes were heavenly, myself and the kids found the stained glass on show brilliant, we ended up buying a mirror and a few other bits as couldn't resist. Small but well worth a visit

All reviews
"visited last week"
"baby shower"
"toasties"

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Each time I have been to Scarborough I have visited the Stained Glass centre in Cayton.
If you're looking for a gift with a difference that is unique and beautiful, this is the place to visit.
There are such a wide variety of gifts from beautiful lamps that remind me of Tiffany-styled lamps but are much more affordable; to coasters, glass animals, glass pictures and mirrors to exquisite costume jewellery, magnetic glass-stained butterflies and a plethora of other items!

On a dry day there are seats in the beautifully attended garden with a water feature, ducks and moorhens -so idyllic and peaceful!

In the past month a newly extended tea room has been built, beautifully decorated, together with a new building for delivering courses on how to do stained glass work.

The accomodation for courses looks fabulous and at some point I would like to stay and do a course. Do visit this gem in Scarborough as you will not be disappointed. Enjoy!

1  Thank Christine R
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Have been here a few times but was surprised to how much it had grown. It is a lovely place to go for afternoon tea, lunch or breakfast. The outside area is lovely and there is plenty of seating in gorgeous garden. The service was good too as was the coffee and food. I will be going more often now. It is also really interesting to see how the glass is made the gift shop has some really lovely pieces and not expensiverfor what it is.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We happened to see a sign for this place on the main road and decided to visit the centre. We were really surprised how beautiful the displays are in the shop and couldn't resist buying some jewellery and a picture - and even did some very early Christmas shopping! Everything is laid out so beautifully, we could have spent far more.
As it was a sunny day, we sat out in the charming garden to have coffee. A lovely, friendly place. Worth a visit.

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My wife a I have visited on numerous occasions and always got a very warm welcome from the proprietors Val and her husband Simon. It is also a bed and breakfast as well as an attraction. The food is all home made and there is a good selection you have a wide choice for breakfast and all cooked by Simon . The garden is very relaxing and peaceful even thou there is a railway line running next to it.If any one asked me for some where nice to stay this is where I would send them they only have three rooms to let but the standard is 5 star to say the least.

1  Thank Terence B