“Fantastic location! Excellent accommodation...”
other travellers have booked this property
Moorfield - sitting at the head of the Rodel Valley
Moorfield - private and secluded with plenty of parking Miles of secluded sandy beaches - this is Luskentyre
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Moorfield - sitting at the head of the Rodel Valley
Moorfield - private and secluded with plenty of parking
Miles of secluded sandy beaches - this is Luskentyre
The living room - picture window and additional double sofa bed
Roomy shower room with plenty of towels for all guests
Comfy king size bed
Well equipped kitchen with proper coffee and tea provided for all guests and a fresh baked loaf!
The bottom tip of Harris - Moorfield just over the brow of the hill in the middle distance.
Gorgeous sunsets over looking the Atlantic
Peace and tranquility
Stornoway looking moody
Luskentyre looking spectacular
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 25 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“Fantastic location! Excellent accommodation! Amazing scenery!”
Reviewed 20 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Annie and Robs holiday home is first class and fully equipped in a great part of the island. Stunning beach at Luskentyre just a 20 minute drive and the beautiful St Clement church on the doorstep, amazing scenery everywhere. Thanks to Annie and Rob for their welcome and help during our stay, and also a special mention for the homemade bread {scrummy) We really did have a brilliant five days in this most beautiful part of Scotland. Jake and Lorna Togneri

21 Feb 2017
Thanks both,
So pleased that you had a brilliant time here and thanks for thinking that Moorfield is first class!
Robert P
“Very comfortable bed”
Reviewed 25 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017
people found this review helpful

Arrived quite late and went to the door of the owners house but they just said it was too late and sent me on my way.
I knew where the holiday cottage was so I went and let myself in. It was dark January night but at least they'd had the heating on for a couple of hours so it was all nice and cosy.

Finally got myself settled down for the night. I must say the bed was exceptionally comfortable and the pillows were divine. A little too god for me, I thought, but I soon dropped off to sleep.

I was disappointed with the kitchen. There was nothing ready for me to eat despite me having a good look around on all the units, which were quite high given my height. I'm not small by any means but I still had to stand on the base units to check out if there was anything on the window sill.
I was unable to even get into the living room though looking through the glass in the door I was able to see plenty of room for me to stretch out on one of two sofas.

I didn't use the shower or the toilet as I prefer to use the garden or sometimes have a quick dip in the stream.

When the owners came in the morning they did make a bit of a fuss that I had been there at all and complained that I had made the bed dirty. In my defense I only slept on a very small part of the bed and only got mud on one of the pillows. I'm not sure why they got so stroppy with me as I had made it very clear to them the night before that I was perfectly happy sleeping on their sofa but they insisted that it wasn't to be.

I would recommend Moorfield for a short break. The owners are usually really nice people and their dog is very friendly which is why I like to pop back quite frequently even when their gate is closed I am happy to jump over it.
I would recommend they keep their doors locked from now on as I'm quite clever and can let myself in most places around the village.

Also, I would have washed the bedding but it clearly states on the washing gel they provide that it's to be kept away from small children and animals.

Yours,

Dan The Collie From The Next Village.

Your age range 50-64
25 Jan 2017
Get down, Don!
SLG79
Scotland
“Cosy winter hideaway”
Reviewed 4 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

We stayed here over New Year and the weather was pretty dire. It was a lovely cosy house though with everything we needed and the owners were extremely helpful and friendly. They even knocked on the door to let us know that the Northern Lights were giving a display. The house is well situated in South Harris, a short drive from some stunning beaches and 2mile from Leverburgh. Just be aware that in winter everything closes (we couldn't even find a cafe open) but the local shop is great and sells everything. A very relaxing stay.

5 Jan 2017
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.
We're glad you had a relaxing stay with us with the bonus of getting to see The Northern Lights as the year clicked across into 2017.
I suppose part of the adventure of being here in the winter is the lack of facilities like cafes but we are lucky to have the local shop just a few minutes away which really does sell everything.
Maybe we'll see you back as a summer visitor soon.
TraceyS19...
Andover, United Kingdom
“Ideally located for exploring Harris”
Reviewed 13 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016
person found this review helpful

We stayed at Moorfield for a short break in November. The owners were very helpful and flexible about our stay especially when forcasted storms could have affected our travel plans. As it was all was okay and we arrived in howling gales and lashing rain, but Rob came out to greet us and show us how everything worked at the cottage . Unfortunately on arrival the cottage was very cold and Rob admitted that they had forgotten to put the heating on early enough, it took a while but did eventually warm up and it was lovely and cosy the rest of our stay. The cottage is a small annex attached to the owners house, with a compact kitchen with everything you could need ,bedroom, bathroom, and a cosy lounge with comfy sofas and TV /DVD. There is a small dining table by the window with views down to the sea. Kitchen has a welcome pack of groceries and a store cupboard of useful items. On our first evening Rob brought round some fresh cooked rolls for us to enjoy. Owners are very accomodating for dogs providing blankets and drying towels. Although Rodel is at the base of Harris it is only 90 minutes away from Stornoway and is a great base to explore the island, Very close to the beautiful 15th century St Clements Church.Nearest beach is Northton about 10 mins away ( you pass the great Croft 36 shop selling home cooked pies, bread and pastries. We can also recommend their home delivery meals!!) Its a 5 minute drive to Leverburgh which has a very good community shop selling everything you could need for your holiday , so please shop there and help keep it open. During our stay we drove on every road on Harris, and every day saw eagles both Golden & White Tailed and had two otter sightings including a mum playing with two cubs in Leverburgh harbour. The scenery is amazing: all of the beaches are stunning white sand and turquoise sea and our dogs loved running on them all ! The inner roads give you view of mountains, estuaries and peatlands. Although it was cold apart from our arrival day and last afternoon when it rained we enjoyed cold crisp bright days. The owners are friendly but not in your face, but take time out to look at some of Annie's home made Harris Tweed items, we bought a few for some Christmas gifts. We enjoyed our stay, but sadly could not give 5 stars due to the heating on our arrival and the issue in the garden which I advised the owners of, however I would not hesitate in recommending this cottage for couples to stay and don't forget to take your four footed friends who will be made welcome and will love the island.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location easy to tour the island
Liked least: Mattress didn't find comfortable at all
Recommended for:
Older travelers People with pets
14 Nov 2016
We're so glad you enjoyed your stay here in Moorfield.
Thank you for your feed back, it's greatly appreciated.
Sue R
“Superb”
Reviewed 15 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

Just love this cottage...it's like home from home to me. I live on Skye, so I expect something very special when I go on holiday, and Moorfield IS that special place! Annie and Rob are the perfect hosts and have kitted out the cottage so well, you simply couldn't be more comfy, They have vast amounts of local knowledge so you can be sure to make the absolute best of your time on the wondrous Isle of Harris. I have just returned home from my second visit there, it certainly won't be my last! I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the location and the comfort
Liked least: no dislikes
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
16 Oct 2016
Thank you very much, Sue.
We look forward to your third visit here.
Annie
Enzaal
Durham, United Kingdom
“Wonderfully peaceful, well equipped holiday cottage.”
Reviewed 29 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

We had a fantastic week in Rodel, ideally situated for Harris, Lewis, Bernareay and North Uist. Beautiful beaches and hills. We saw Eagles, otters, porpoise, cuckoo, seals, deer and loads of sea birds.
Annie and Rob were very helpful and friendly, great with the dogs, who loved their dog. Homemade bread was lovely.

10 Jun 2016
Thank you for taking the time to write such a good review.
We're really pleased that you got see so much of the islands' iconic wildlife.

Rob's bread is delicious and a many guests are treated to a bottle of his home-brewed beer as well.

Thanks again for sharing your experience, we appreciate it.
Dormouse2...
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
“Relaxing, beautiful holiday”
Reviewed 8 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

Grannie Annie, Rob and Toby were wonderful hosts sharing their knowledge of the island with us and doing everything they could to make our holiday. The loaf of bread was lovely and didn't last very long!
Moordfield Annex was perfect for our needs with the amazing view down to st. Clements. I loved being able to have the door open and watch my dog and Toby run around the garden having great games.
Thanks to Rob for looking after our dog while we did the distillery tour and went to Annie's sowing workshop.
The people across the island were all so lovely and have made us want to return and explore more.

Liked best: The hospiality
Liked least: Having a broken leg
Recommended for:
People with pets
10 May 2016
Thank you for taking the time to write such a good review.
It's a perfect place to come for a relaxing holiday even when the weather isn't that great and we always strive to make it easy for the dogs to have a good time as well. We're always happy to keep an eye on the dogs for a while so our visitors can go off for a few hours to do 'undoggy' holiday things.
You're always welcome to come back to Moorfield. Here's hoping we'll see you on another holiday here very soon.
Annie, Rob & Toby Dog
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing