Cancio's House
Highland Heritage(Alto-Porvorim)
Surya Sangolda(Sangolda)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsreal goaroberto and raquelthe main househome stayhomemade jamsgoan culturechicken vindaloobeautiful homestaytraditional villawonderful cookbook collectionhome away from homehomestay experiencesurrounded by beautiful treesmapusa marketfood cookednook and corner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Roberto and Raquel are some of the most loving people I have ever met! They made our stay very comfortable. Staying at Cancio's House isn't like just any hotel where it's just rooms and room service and with no human touch at all. Roberto and Raquel treated us like part of the family. We ate in their dining room, ate Raquel's delicious jam and cake, told each other stories....well it was like they knew us for years.
We stayed at the cottage next to the main house. It has two rooms both with antique furniture. It's very beautiful. It was a comfortable stay. There's even a garden surrounding both the main house and the cottage which is nice as well. When we were in Goa we stayed at 3 places but nothing could compare to Cancio's House!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank RichaShanker
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at Cancio's House a few years ago and have such good memories of it. Comfortable and quite, lovely surroundings, best of all Roberto and Raquel make you feel at home, It's like being with your own family. They are very helpful in answering all questions and arranging trips around town. I couldn't thing of a better place for a family visiting Goa other then
Cancoi's House, a true Goan experience!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank gamittal
Reviewed 15 May 2013

It was such a nice vacation i had at Aldona. One & a half month filled with fun & frolic at Cancio's House. Roberto & Raquel are the best hosts i've ever come across. i just loved the place. You get such a peaceful feeling while staying there. it's away from all the noise & pollution. The best thing i enjoyed most was my evening walks with Raquel, the kids (Harrison & Antonio) & baby Rafaelo. i got the taste of country life for the first time in my life. the rooms are nice & spacious & the beds are so comfy. i would just fall asleep the moment my head hit the pillow. they provided me with all the basic necessities & the food was excellent. i got to taste Raquel's home made cake & cup cake... they were simply delicious. i would definitely stay with them on my next visit. i just fell in love with Goa. Thanks to Raquel & Roberto. & a special word of thanks to Roberto who took me around & showed me the place & also took me to the market whenever i wanted to go. Thank guys. I love & miss you'll so much.. cant wait for my next trip 2 see you'll & the kids. take care & god bless.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank Mitchu_Dolly
Reviewed 17 April 2013

The warmth, the experience, the sense of belonging, being the family - true & genuine hospitality is how we will describe our experience with Roberto & Raquel in Goa. In simple words, we enjoyed the best of all - clean and well maintained living facilities, living in the wilderness yet at home with the natural flora & fauna (You rarely get to see this anywhere), ever smiling couple - should you want noise fun excitment, the beaches are within 15 to 20 minutes drive - you want your privacy silence and peace - Cancio's House is what we will always recommend.

Room Tip: It is a Home away from Home
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
4  Thank Suhanidi
Reviewed 23 February 2013

While we enjoyed visiting Goa's beaches, it was wonderful to escape to this guesthouse in the lovely village of Aldona, twenty minutes away. It is located in a quiet and beautiful garden and accomodation is very comfortable. Rooms are spacious and have good ventilation and owners have their own well, so the water is fresh and good. Hosts Roberto and Raquel are very welcoming and extremely helpful with arrangements for transportation, tours, etc. They work hard to meet individual needs. We enjoyed hearing the birds in the morning, tea on the veranda and walks through the village. We would love to stay here again, and highly recommend it to those who want to see more of Goa than just the beaches.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple