Cancio's House
Highland Heritage(Alto-Porvorim)
Surya Sangolda(Sangolda)
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewsreal goaroberto and raquelthe main househome stayhomemade jamsgoan culturechicken vindaloobeautiful homestaytraditional villawonderful cookbook collectionhome away from homehomestay experiencesurrounded by beautiful treesmapusa marketfood cookednook and corner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I stayed at cancioshouse with my daughters aged 6 and 8. We stayed there over New Years. It was the most peaceful place tucked away in the beautiful village of Aldona. Roberto and his wife made such wonderful hosts, warm and friendly. Aldona is the place to be if you want to explore true goa. The accommodation at cancioshouse was nice. The rooms are basic but are large and clean. The rooms are away from the main house thus ensuring privacy. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Farah M
Reviewed 9 July 2013

One friday night we suddenly planned to visit Goa and we made all our bookings and reached Cancio's house the next day. Late in the friday night we called Roberto and he arranged our pick up for us for the next day. Once we reached Cancio's house we realised what the regualr toursits visiting only the beaches are not aware of. To call their 5 century old house 'Amazing' will not be enough. It was aboslutely green everywhere, trees and plants and their Dog Jes, 2 cats... a perfect house. When we reached me and my wife both were hungry and we were treated with a fabulous chocloate cake which we can never forget. Both Roberto and Raquel are such nice and warm people that it surprises us that such people really exist. We met Robertos mom for the days breakfast and she had amazing tales to tell us. B'fast was lovely which we have on Sunday and Monday mornings.. nice eggs, local bread, patty- veg and chicken, juice, tea. My wife would have happily taken cooking lessons from Raquel. What amazing cook she is. We were also invited for lunch by the family. A nice lunch with them and Raquel prepared Chicken lever specially for my wife. That was really sweet of her, we had a chocolate desert after our lunch which was again very very nice. Roberto took us around couple of times and showed different places to us, he also showed his Yatch to us, which he manages. We never expected such good hospitality. We will go back again for sure.
Now coming to the room in the guest house. It was a big sized room with 32 inch tv, very nice old double bed, tea/coffee machine and all other basic stuff. It has a small sitting space outside and nice view from window. It rained for 2 days and we enjoyed sitting their and listening to the sound of rain and looking at the greenery. It was so nice and relaxing, away from hustle and noise from city traffic. There was no discturbance at all and aboslutely peaceful.
Also the driver arranged for our local trips by Roberto was very well trained and behaved.
We cannot find any short comings and highly recommend this place.
Our good wishes to the family for doing such a wonderful job.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank VidhuKhare
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Roberto and Raquel are some of the most loving people I have ever met! They made our stay very comfortable. Staying at Cancio's House isn't like just any hotel where it's just rooms and room service and with no human touch at all. Roberto and Raquel treated us like part of the family. We ate in their dining room, ate Raquel's delicious jam and cake, told each other stories....well it was like they knew us for years.
We stayed at the cottage next to the main house. It has two rooms both with antique furniture. It's very beautiful. It was a comfortable stay. There's even a garden surrounding both the main house and the cottage which is nice as well. When we were in Goa we stayed at 3 places but nothing could compare to Cancio's House!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank RichaShanker
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at Cancio's House a few years ago and have such good memories of it. Comfortable and quite, lovely surroundings, best of all Roberto and Raquel make you feel at home, It's like being with your own family. They are very helpful in answering all questions and arranging trips around town. I couldn't thing of a better place for a family visiting Goa other then
Cancoi's House, a true Goan experience!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank gamittal
Reviewed 15 May 2013

It was such a nice vacation i had at Aldona. One & a half month filled with fun & frolic at Cancio's House. Roberto & Raquel are the best hosts i've ever come across. i just loved the place. You get such a peaceful feeling while staying there. it's away from all the noise & pollution. The best thing i enjoyed most was my evening walks with Raquel, the kids (Harrison & Antonio) & baby Rafaelo. i got the taste of country life for the first time in my life. the rooms are nice & spacious & the beds are so comfy. i would just fall asleep the moment my head hit the pillow. they provided me with all the basic necessities & the food was excellent. i got to taste Raquel's home made cake & cup cake... they were simply delicious. i would definitely stay with them on my next visit. i just fell in love with Goa. Thanks to Raquel & Roberto. & a special word of thanks to Roberto who took me around & showed me the place & also took me to the market whenever i wanted to go. Thank guys. I love & miss you'll so much.. cant wait for my next trip 2 see you'll & the kids. take care & god bless.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo