“Average at best, needs work.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Alexsandra Greek Restaurant
Ranked #73 of 109 Restaurants in Elsternwick
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 15 January 2012

We had to go over our order three times to get it right. That was three separate visits. There was no music playing and the place really needs attention. Also a good clean up of the of the toilet area floors.

The meals were tasty but our drinks were forgotten and I didn't the right beer I ordered.

Lucky for the two younger staff who seemed to get things moving.

It was a disappointing night.

1  Thank amicsMelbourne
Reviewed 7 December 2011

On a quiet midweek night my wife & I went here .There is no doubt that the owner & chef are trying hard to get this place moving .the service was average at best & I am a bit over being constantly referee to as Luv or Darl,but that's me !the entrees arrived promptly and were well presented& good .The dips though not a large serve were accompanied by some nice quality pita bread .The calamari was excellent ,amongst the best I have had .It was served on a large pile of rocket .The mains arrived promptly & were reasonable to good .My lamb was as described,a very slow cooked ,moist offering of shoulder meat & an ample portion .My partners chicken was a bit boring ,however maybe that was just the choice.Desserts though ordered failed to arrive and there seemed to be some communication breakdown between waitstaff & kitchen .When the small portions arrived neither were as described as per the menu ,with one not having the ice cream & the other not having the honey infused yoghurt .The wine ordered was not in stock ,however a replacement was duely offered .
As an overall experience, it was a little Fawlty Towers ,but in a nice way .For a casual meal ,you could do a lot worse .A bit of effort by the owner & his enthusiastic chef may save this place .Lastly ,the decor is a little drap & needs a bit of a spruce up .