“New year brunch”

Cuisines: European, Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We enjoyed a lovely brunch on New Years day.The food once again is excellent,all home cooked,well presented with a good choice.
Although out of the way well worth a visit,lovely setting,beautiful views and accommodation very inviting.
Staff very friendly and you're made to feel very welcome.
Always on our list when we are in this part of Scotland.

1  Thank lynn rodney c

Reviewed 5 October 2013

We stayed in the Knockderry House before Beth and Murdo took it over. Then we loved the location, but not the hotel so we bought a home just down the road. Now the hotel is transformed and I wish I had the excuse to stay overnight, however we do enjoy going for meals. The food has always been wonderful and they cater for extreme dietary requirements. When I was put on a very weird diet by my surgeon, I asked if they would be able to cope with it. Not only was the answer yes (this was one of those diets where the "banned" list included many of the ingreients of a "healthy" meal - they just were not good for me at the time). Not only was teh answer 'yes", Beth investigated the diet and offered me a selection of wonderful dishes I could eat.

Now that I have to be gluten free, this is a restaurant I know will be able to provide me with GF sandwiches and treats. Thank you.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

This restaurant is quite close to where I live and so usually fades into the background for me when thinking of going out for dinner. But no longer. We went on a spur of the moment type thing as it was a nice evening and we needed to get out for a bit. The location is great and the service excellent as usual. What did surprise us was the quality & presentation of the food. It was superb! Apparently there is a new chef and he really knows how to make the "first bite with the eye" count. Remember to leave room for the sweet, even if you know you shouldn't.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

We were staying at Hotel and for convenience booked the first night. It was so good, from the fish to the Eton Mess that we immediately booked for a second night. A lot of care and attention has gone into the quality of the restaurant, and even though it may be considered out of the way it is definitely worth driving to.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We took family here after Christmas. The staff were great with the kids and the food was beautiful and well priced considering the skilled cooking and the fresh ingredients. I'm looking forward to the next special occasion so we can try some more of the menu.