““big fish place where you can feel like at home””

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Palolem
La Raja Little Village
kilkenny
““big fish place where you can feel like at home””
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

hello everyone
we have been in Big Fish three times always when we were visiting Goa.
we really enjoy time we spend there:-) and would go back there for sure
food was always delicious,great people very nice and helpful,
Restaurant and huts have very good location and had everything what you need.
Wilson and Santosh look after that property very well that you can feel save there
and enjoy your holiday.also wi-fi available

Room Tip: great room number1also the sea view huts where you getting very nice breeze
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jamajKilkenny

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2013

This was my first visit to Goa and La Raja Little village made my trip! Wilson and his staff made us feel so at home. Three of us stayed in one hut which had a hot shower and plenty of room.
We loved it so much that we came back to Palolem after visiting Vagator and Wilson saved the hut for us!
The restaurant attached- Big Fish - served excellent food and the staff were so attentive.

I'm already planning my trip back there! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank HeatherD106
Leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2012

I have just come back from my third stay at the Big Fish and am sat here longing to be back.
I got in touch with Wilson and Santosh before i went to tell them that me and my wife would be visiting on our honeymoon and could they make it special for us.
I asked for a hut towards the back on ground level and asked them to make it nice for us and they didnt disappoint.
When we arrived we found that they had built a brand new hut bigger than any of the others set just where i asked and complete with a hot power shower which is rare.
They also drapped it in flowers inside and out it was amazing.

Our first night they gave us a bottle of champagne to celebrate and looked after us fantastically. The food is fantastic, the staff great and are there for you no questions asked and i have to say they have now become good friends. We all chatted in the bar at night and had some great fun with other people who were also there for their third time.

The only thing i would advise is to take some ear plugs for the crows each morning on their dawn chourus which we do anyway.
On our last night they gave us another bottle of champagne and set fireworks off for us which was amazing.

For me the Big Fish is at the most scenic part of the beach and the best with sunsets to blow you away. Go to the Silent Disco too at Netune point its loads of fun

Both myself and my wife had tiers in our eyes when we had to leave and i know it wont be our last visit to the Big fish.

Thanks to Wilson, Santosh, Raje, Sanjeev and the team we had a honeymoon we will never forget

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tony_RobinsonLeeds
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2012

Drove to Goa in May 2012 and parked at Palolem beach. Walked to La Raja Little Village. Palolem is a beautiful beach shaped like an arc, and La Raja is at one end. The view from the beach facing hut and the restaurant there is worth the stay.

They have huts on stilts facing the beach. The rate was 800 for the hut per night. The hut is very basic and the bathroom even more. So if you are travelling with elders / woman you are trying to impress / kids, this will not be suitable. It is ideal if you are travelling with friends.

The restaurant at La Raja is good too. But when your order something, ask them to explain it to you and make sure you explain how you want it made. I ordered hash browns for breakfast and they served me potato pieces in a thickish gravy saying it was hash browns. When I told them that I know what hash browns are, they said that most people do not know what many of the items on the menu are, and I should have specified what I wanted - all very politely, with no hint of an apology though :-)

So why am I calling the restaurant good - because we tried lunch and dinner at other places on Palolem beach and they were worse. Prawn Vindaloo was nowhere near what it should be. Unfortunately the staff at these places are north indians who want to run things the way they would back home in the heartland.

Anyways, this is a 'cheap and best' place to unwind in Goa.

Room Tip: Ask for a beach facing hut; they have some huts that are not facing the beach
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank lcman
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

I've been to La Raja twice. The first time, my brother and I wandered palolem beach looking for the best hut and deal. We picked La Raja because of it's restaurant, Big Fish. It had a nice laid back vibe and there were lots of people eating delicious-looking food. Was so happy with my experience the first time around, I came back for Christmas this year!

Was great to be back. The staff are friendly as well: Wilson (the owner) is welcoming and will strike a fair deal. I also like Santosh, the Manager, and Sanji is the best waiter.... My experience has been that waiters in India tend to operate on "India time" and can be a little forgetful. Sanji was on target every meal. Great service..

If you don't wind up staying at La Raja, at least go by to watch the sunset. It's the best spot on the beach for sunsets. While you're there, try a king fish cooked in the tandoor. The most amazing dinner... The veg spring rolls are also a great snack.

Enjoy!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank emily60302
st. peters, mo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2011

Loved this place. Love Palolem, but this place is the best. The owner Wilson and his crew Santos and Ashok make you feel welcome and provide the best hospitality. The food is awesome and there is always a great vibe in the place. You should be so lucky and end up there....

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank rubels
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2010

Our main holiday base was in Calangute but we travelled South to Palolem in a car we hired. It took us approx 2.5 hours to get there...this was at 9am and so quite busy!

The huts are at the far end of the beach but easily enough to find. They have around 10 huts. Ours were a little shaky but basically sound. A double bed with a mosquiot net and an en suite shower room with toilet/sink etc! It also had a fan!

All it missed was a sheet to sleep under...but just bought a pashmena for that!

We paid 400 rps per night...nice little place and would go back if we were in the area. Palolem itself was busier than i thought though. It has many beach front shacks with resautrants and other restaurants off the beach.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple