“Avoid....”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Palolem
Papillon Beach Huts
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I don't usually take the time to review places but in this case I want to warn other travelers. This place sucks and I would not recommend it to anyone.

I stayed here for 4 nights in early December and came in late every night and never once did I see any sign of security guards nor CCTV?! The room was not cleaned once or even offered to be so there was a nice build up of sand in our room when we left.

The owner is completely money hungry... Nice at first when we arrived but then sat outside of his bungalow smoking the entire time we were there and on the last day when we were paying our bill he magically appeared to take the cash without even bidding us a farewell or anything. Just took the cash and walked off! haha I have never experienced such rudeness! The staff in general here are hopeless - they couldn't help me with any of my very simple questions or requests! Having spent a lot of time over the years travelling throughout India in simple accommodation this has been my worst experience to date.

There are plenty of other places in Palolem to stay that actually good service for the same price - I would definitely shop around!

3  Thank misslauralu

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Myself and my friend were two girls traveling around India together and we stayed here at the end of our stay for 5 nights. We originally booked for two nights but loved it so much that we extended our stay.
We stayed in a beach front hut for the first 4 nights which had great views and a ground floor garden hut for the last night that had a fab roof terrace with both great views and privacy at the same time. The accommodation was basic as you would expect from a beach hut, but it had everything that you could need. A mosquito net, a fan, clean bedding and towels, coat hangers for clothes and a shower and the view off the balcony was fantastic. Waking up hearing the sea every morning was so relaxing and beautiful.
Surrounded by palm trees and at the end of the beach it is in a great location and being straight on to the beach was simply fab.
I had such a fantastic time at Papillon and staying in Palolem. The huge thing that made Papillon for me was the staff who worked there and the owner Heaven. All the staff were absolutely fantastic. As two girls traveling alone we felt 110% safe staying here. They all looked after us and ensured that we were safe without being too intrusive when you were eating and drinking and relaxing. They arranged airport pick ups for us and arranged transport for us to different sights in the area. The driver they got for us - Karim was truly brilliant . I have such amazing memories of the little adventures we had from Papilon. Nothing was ever too much trouble, everything we wanted to do and try was possible (including learning how to make roti in the tandoor oven one night!) The food and drinks (especially the Heaven Special Signature Cocktail) were 5 star as was the waiter service. I cannot speak highly enough of the staff at Papillon and i would definitely recommend staying here. Or visit for food if you happen to be staying somewhere else as the food was delicious with their fresh fish being caught daily.
We loved the atmosphere and the staff so much here that after we moved on , on our travels we returned on the final night of our holiday to wish them all well again and have one final cocktail in their bar area.

Staying here made our holiday.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Elizabeth B
Reviewed 17 December 2013

This is turning out to be better every day. The staff are ssoooo friendly and welcoming and cant do enough for you. The owner 'Heavan' is so intent on making your stay as memorable as possible. Its laid back and chilled. The music is great...the food is THE BEST on the beach...
accomadation is beach hut style. and the price is great. no blaring music...
what else can i say! I am sure coming here again. A little gem with the most fantastic views.
and most importent, a feeling of safety and relaxation...
Thankyou heaven for looking after us all so well. SHARON

Room Tip: the huts at the back are a little quieter as the sa can be quite noisy at night.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank irish-jem
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We stayed in the deluxe beach front huts for 3 nights early December. The accommodation is basic but perfectly lovely. The staff couldnt do enough to please you and the waiting staff are exellent.

Dont' forget that this is a beach HUT so if you want a 4 poster bed, flat screen tv, mini bar - this isn'f for you. However if you are after suburb views, fab location and comfortable beds and dont mind a luke warm shower, then look no further than Papillon Beach Huts.

Room Tip: The delux rooms are sea facing and you only have to go down your steps and you are on the beach - de...
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I have recently stayed in Papillon and had a really wonderful experience. The accommodation is clean and well looked after, the food is amazing (!), the staff are always friendly. For views across Palolem Beach, I don't think you can beat the beach huts because they show you the full vista in all its glory. It also feels very family friendly and safe (I've seen a previous reviewer question security but they have CCTV covering everything).

Great value for money too. If I come back to this part of Goa I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

This is our second time at goa, and after looking at all the beach huts on palolem we decided to stay at papillon.

New beachfront huts with large balconies and glass fronts which make the views amazing. Clean rooms.

24 hour CCTV and Nighttime security guard which makes it one of the only huts that offer you that extra security.

Amazing food and a great service from start to finish. Our waiter really did look after us.

If you are unsure where to stay in palolem take it from me.. stay here you will have an amazing time.

Enjoy! :)

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We booked a sea facing hut for 5 nights recently, hoping to take a relaxing break from Mumbai's big city life (we are expats living in India). With so many accommodation options to choose from in Palolem/Patnem it was hard to make a final selection, but Papillon won out.

Oh what a bad bad bad decision that was!

Firstly, let's talk about the 'beach hut'. I would prefer to describe this accommodation as something akin to an early teenager's attempt at constructing a backyard tree house. Zero attention to detail, zero security, zero ventilation, exposed (rusted) nails, essentially an absolute hack job resulting in a dirty and disappointing accommodation. I am still struggling to understand how it is possible to feel seasick after a night sleeping in this wobbly construction (and this is from someone who grew up next to the sea). Oh and don’t expect the room to be cleaned once during your stay.

Secondly (and more importantly), I must tell you about the service. To put it simply the service is terrible. In fact, I would go as far to say (and I have had a week to ‘cool down’ so this in no exaggeration) Papillon provided THE WORST service I’ve had in India, after 6 trips and visits to dozens of states. Honestly, A QUICK BUCK, is the only consideration on the minds of the owners/managers. Running a homely, successful hotel takes more than taking bookings and collecting the cash at the end. The other staff were 100% incompetent (ordering a coffee was too much trouble and too difficult to understand), not helpful with even the simplest requests (e.g. what times does the bus for Margao depart or where is the nearest pharmacy?), and unavailable to guests after sunset.

Honestly, there are over 100 other options in Palolem, Patnem, Agonda and the rest of Goa. Papillon should be last on your list.

3  Thank Nath862